[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First custom rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: grs-decima2.jpg (181KB, 1011x295px) Image search: [Google]
grs-decima2.jpg
181KB, 1011x295px
Hello /k/.

I am going to trade an antonio zoli shotgun for a custom built rifle worth 3x more. The shotgun i am trading is of unknown model and age, but it is in close to mint condition. The rifle i am getting in the trade is one with a remington 700 sa action, with a walther lothar barrel chambered in 6mm norma br, the stock is a GRS decima hunter and i get a hausken suppressor aswell. The major setbacks is i am trading a very fine shotgun for a rifle unfavorable chambered. As i do not own my own loading press yet, i will have to buy factory ammunition for this rifle aswell, which is a major setback. Norma Oryx 105 grains 54 NOK or 6,6 USD per round, Lapua scenarL 17,76 NOK or 2,18 USD for Norma Diamond Line with berger molybden 105 grains i am unsure of the price.

Plans for it, when i am demobilized from the army in about 15 months time, i will look into buying a loading press, conquest HD 3-15 or similar Trijicon. Also installing a heen muff and get a barrel and bolt for .338 federal.

So far the major setbacks to me is the unfavorable caliber, great for small game hunting. but it does not pass the test as a large game caliber in my country, impact energy of 2200 joules at 100m. It is also a very scarce supply of ammunition for this caliber, but the ones you get is of very high quality.

I am very excited over this trade and have no one who shares my excitement. If anyone have any thoughts over this please do let me know. This will be the first rifle i get ownership over on my own, since all before have been inheritance or presents.

Picture is of the stock.
>>
>>31746403
Its going to cost some money to get an acceptable barrel and have to have it re-accurized.
>>
>>31746467
I work selling guns and ammunition in one of the major companies in norway, emplyees only pay for parts when they need gunsmithing. Also Lothar Walther pipes cost 550 USD no matter what caliber and barrel twist.
>>
>>31746467
The barrel has gone 2000 rounds, but that manufacturer of pipe has stressed tested their barrels to 10000 plus rounds with no significant loss of accuracy.
>>
>Remington action
>Worth 3x anything

I think you're getting the worse deal myself. Rifle won't be good at anything except putting holes in paper from a benchrest. If you don't even have a press to reload you're essentially putting wear on it for no reason except to make noise since a snowflake rifle like this essentially requires form fitted cases and strict tolerance on ammo. Not that Norma is bad or anything its just the nature of precision benchrest.

Kinda funny someone would sink that much money making a Remington receiver highend. Its like a honda civic trying to do the Baja 500
>>
>>31746624
Huh? Thats a good action
>>31746571
Im very familiar with them, i used their barrel for my ar10
>>
>>31746665
>Huh? Thats a good action
Especially the part where it fires what you touch the bolt handle

To ne fair thats a design flaw with the trigger. But the action itself has problems from Remington itself, primarily not being true and terrible machining marks. Easily fixed with a custom rifle, but its the principle behind it. Also Rustington brand steel.
>>
>>31746703
and a tilley mechanism wont fix that?
>>
>>31746846
I've never heard of a Tilley Mechanism unless thats the name of the retrofit Remington was doing to Walker triggers.

Theres just better actions out there and I'm biased because that stock is ugly as shit and the Zoli shotguns looks beautiful.
>>
>>31747018
>ugly as shit

Yeah, as much as i look at my rifle stock when i am shooting/hunting that will be a major concern. I am not concerned with my stuff looking tacticool as it is purely a tool to aid me. not to get me laid.
>>
IN WHAT WAY IS IT A CUSTOM RIFLE..... IF YOUR BUYING IT USED?
>>
>>31747152
BECAUSE IT IS NOT FACTORY STANDARD
>>
>>31747135
Anon with that attitude you'll be pussy whipped and driving a minivan in no time.

I know you probably have a dependopotamus. But thats all going to change when them benefits fizzle out and you're actually home most the day.
>>
>>31747302
A person like you must shoot a modern day baikal on the regular.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.