[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ whats your opinion on air rifles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

hey /k/ whats your opinion on air rifles?
>>
>>31746252
They have their place.
>>
Great way to introduce a kid to firearms and marksmanship. Still fun to fuck with for pests too.
>>
Wonderful way to end pests where noise can be a concern. Ie inna suburb
>>
>>31746252
They're technically not firearms. (In Burgerland.)
>>
Great for pest control, good for marksmanship practice for cheap.
>>
>>31746252
Can't wait for a metro 2033 style full auto matic 50 pellet capacity high powered airgun to skirt CA's bullshit weapon laws.
>>
>>31747082
same
>>
File: 1474877121024.jpg (31KB, 638x490px) Image search: [Google]
1474877121024.jpg
31KB, 638x490px
>>31747082
/r/ a design for this
>>
I like them, I have a decently sized backyard but still not enough to shoot actual firearms, my longest line of sight is about 80m. I can get trigger time and improve my marksmanship training every single day.
>>
File: 1439608571114.jpg (218KB, 926x771px) Image search: [Google]
1439608571114.jpg
218KB, 926x771px
>>31746751
They are here. (Please help me)
>>
>>31746252
Bretty gud. I use mine to kill treeniggers in my backyard without freaking out the soccer moms.
>>
useful for small pest control. They penetrate deeply enough at medium power levels (.177 cal, ~1000FPS with lead pellets) to punch through small animal skulls but not so much they they'd go through two layers of drywall and out of your house if you had to knock out a pest inside.

There is also a relatively low risk of significant ricochet due to the light weight of the projectile.

My pellet rifle with the most use under its belt is a Gamo SOCOM, 2 raccoons, 1 skunk, 1 possum, 3 bats, 1 rabid cayote.

It shoots a relatively flat trajectory and achieves about 1 inch groups at 30 yards if you use good quality pellets it likes (it prefers lighter weight pellets)
>>
>>31749762
this. i love how when it comes to firearms everyone acts like they have a 100 yard range in their backyard but we know just from basic population data that the majority of gun owners just live in suburbs / semi rural areas where you can't do that.
>>
Look up Ted's Holdover on YouTube.
>>
>>31746252
They're great, every kid should have one.
>>
>>31747082
That exists, look up the Air Ordnance 22SMG
>>
>just remembered I have a air rifle
>probably hasn't seen the light of day for nearly a decade
I should find it and see if it still works
>>
>>31747054
>cheap

depends on what you consider cheap.

Some of the high end ones can be a few k plus glass (pcp) and for top-end springers with good glass you're still looking at 1k+ George Washingtons.

That said - a .22 cal springer is as accurate as a .22lr at 50 yards, and still has enough power to knock down a rabbit.
>>
>>31746252
They're great for target practice and just fucking around because the ammo is so cheap
>>
>>31746751
No shit. They're Airarms
>>
>>31750713
You'll shoot your eye out, kid
>>
>>31746252
Well they used to be in service with the military.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.