[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MA CC License Process

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: concealed_carry.jpg (57KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
concealed_carry.jpg
57KB, 876x493px
Hey guys just curious how easy/difficult it is to obtain a Concealed Carry license in Massachusetts. I'm 20, turning 21 next month and would like to have my license and a firearm to protect my grilfriend and soon to be child (she is 2 months pregnant). We are looking to move someplace new and I want to be prepared for anything.

I have taken safety courses before but they were when I turned 18 so I know I'll need to retake a course right before I turn 21 or soon after.

Is the application process difficult? Chances of being denied? (No criminal record, no felonies, just some speeding tickets) And is "to defend my family if necessary" considered a reasonable want to have a license forthe application?

Thanks guys, want to do this asap and before the 2nd amendment gets accidentally deleted by Hillary.
>>
>>31745925
>20
>gf is pregnant

nice one retard
>>
>>31745925
>I'm 20, turning 21 next month and would like to have my license and a firearm to protect my grilfriend and soon to be child (she is 2 months pregnant). We are looking to move someplace new and I want to be prepared for anything.
Once you have ceased living with an unmarried woman in monstrous sin post a new thread and I will happily provide you assistance.
>>
>>31745925
>carry permit
>MA

Wew lad. You know that state just extrajudiciously banned almost all semi-autos because the AG is a soccer mom, right? You're gonna have a hard time getting the fucking permit to BUY a gun, let alone carry it. Worst state for gun rights.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4843x3062px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4843x3062px
MA born and raised fag here.

The process isn't that hard. It's a pain in the fucking ass and completely unconstitutional. But you can get through it.

It depends more on what city/town you live in. If you live in Springfield, Worcester, Boston and a select few other cities, good fucking luck. Pic related.

So long as you don't live in one of those shit ass towns/cities and have no criminal record you'll be okay. From what I've heard most police chiefs in most towns support concealed carry and will grant you a permit no problem. If they ask for a justification reason for having an LTC just feed them some "for all lawful purposes, it's my constitutional right" BS line.

Then enjoy the cucked guns your fucked up leaders "allow" you to have.

So fucking glad I jumped ship out of MA.
>>
>>31747808

No you won't. You'll have a large issue obtaining an AR-15.

Carry permits are up to the discretion of the police chief of the town you reside in.

They're still issuing them no problem. A few of my buddies up there all got their LTC within the last month no problem.

The only one that didn't was because he has a felony on his record.
>>
>>31745925
>20 and GF is two months pregnant

abort that shit or eat your gun faggot. you're going nowhere
>>
>>31745925
MA resident here, depends on where you live in the state. Some places are pretty lax, others remind you that you live in liberal ground zero. For me
>went to police station
>signed up for a firearms safety class with the only cop in town who did it for 70 dollars
>he goes over all the state laws, what you can cat do/buy in this state
>let us handle a few of his guns to get a feel for them
>we fill out some paper work, he takes it to the station
>whenever we wanted we go to the station and pay an additional 100 dollars to get finger printed, photo ID'd and have it all sent to the Feds in Boston (some went right from the the course to the station)
>waited 2 months, got a call to come pick it up
>now can carry anywhere in the state
>no waiting period for purchasing guns
>pretty decent selection to pick from
lifes not so bad sometimes
>>
>>31747350

fpbp
>>
File: 1467305241677.png (46KB, 766x351px) Image search: [Google]
1467305241677.png
46KB, 766x351px
>>31747350
good goy, no more white babies

white babies are evil
>>
File: screamingpepe.png (487KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
screamingpepe.png
487KB, 900x900px
>>31745925
It's really not that bad. I livee in Middlesex County and have mine. The pain in the ass thing is that if you live in a city or have a liberal progressive Police chief it can be more difficult.
1) Go on Groupon and search for gun safety courses in your area. Find one that specifically says that it will certify you for a MA LTC Class A.
2) Go to the class, it's usually like $100 without the Groupon discount, and at the end they give you a certificate with your name on it.
3) Call the Police station in the town you live and ask to set up an appointment to get your carry license.
4) When the appointment comes up you go in, have to pay another $100 to them to do the Cori Check, fingerprinting, and they'll ask what kind of license you want. Say specifically that you want a Class A with no restrictions. They may try to trick you into agreeing to restrictions like "only target shooting" or some nonsense. Refuse that.
5) Like a month later they'll call you and let you know that you license is in.

If it takes longer than that, call them and ask what's going on. I know a guy whose license was denied with no reason and without being told, and he had no criminal offenses or any reason to be denied. In that case, write a letter to your representative and they'll sort the chief out very quickly.

Pic related is me when AG Healey banned "duplicates" when I had an AK in the mail heading to my FFL.
>>
>>31747350
>>31749833
Why should he wait longer?
>>
>>31745925
What shithole town.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.