[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I getting fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Local seller is selling a mosin pistol for $299.
Comes with 300rds of ammo and a leather holster.

Am I getting fucked? Also general acquisition thread?
>>
>>31744240
No.
/k/ will say you are because they bought one in 1994 for 80 bucks though
>>
>>31744240
Probably that 300 rds of ammo makes up for the price, x38r is hard to find
>>
>>31744240
Seems reasonable tbqh family
>>
>>31744252
I got mine in 2009 for 70 from JG sales.
>>
I got mine for $90 with zero expectations and I still feel like I got fucked.
>>
Geeeet eeeeet
>>
>>31744240
they were $100 for just the gun back in 2012

the ammo has always been a special snowflake
>>
>>31744328
The seller told me he had bought it for $119, we also exchanged stories about nigs calling him up trying to bargain on it.
>>
>>31744261
thanks for the new filter
>>
File: affirmativegoat.png (48KB, 453x456px)
affirmativegoat.png
48KB, 453x456px
>>31744436
>hasn't had a tripfag that's been here for forever filtered until today
Fucking newshit leave.
>>
>>31744240
Seems like a good deal, considering the ammo.
>>
File: IMG_0403.jpg (361KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0403.jpg
361KB, 1000x1500px
>>
>>31744454
Stop stealing my pics, that's a federal offense.
>>
File: f27.png (5KB, 414x275px)
f27.png
5KB, 414x275px
>>31744482
No.
>>
Op here,
How do I not get murdered by someone when I buy this. The guy on the phone was well spoken.
>>
>>31744530
walmart parking lots have lots of cameras at least
>>
>>31744530
Do the buy in front of a police station.
>>
>>31744530
Meet him somewhere public of course, well-spoken is a good sign. Maybe bring a buddy if you want, hell our local police station has 2 parking spots with a camera in their parking lot for a "online trade location" thing
>>
>>31744574
>our local police station has 2 parking spots with a camera in their parking lot for a "online trade location" thing
That's kinda cool.
>>
>>31744240
>mosin pistol
It's a Nagant. Same Belgian dude that worked on the Mosin design, but that's it. Actually, the Mosin had very little input from Nagant (just the feeding system), but I digress.

$299 with the ammo is probably fair, given that I've seen Nagants going for as much as $250 alone lately. However, be aware that Nagants are legendarily terrible to shoot. Cool novelty and collector's item, though.
>>
>>31744530
Shoot him when you drive up to his car. You'll catch him off guard and he won't be able to shoot you first.
>>
>>31744530
Bring someone along with you, do it in a public parking lot.

An optional course of action is to have a busted ATV with you that you can offer as part of the trade, allowing you to save money. People love it when you do that, and they will be less inclined to rob you when you're offering such a sweet deal.
>>
>>31744596
What do you mean bad to shoot?

The seller said it is pretty accurate when using single action.
>>
>>31744604
A boat motor is a better bargain these days, followed closely by lightly used scuba gear
>>
>>31744613
The round is anemic as all hell, on top of being rather spshul snowflake. Ejecting the spent casings can be a chore as the ejector rod can be a finicky bitch. The trigger in general is not anything to write home about, and its DA is the stuff of legends in the firearms community with how heavy it is. Mine also is not accurate by any means, but others report better results.
>>
>>31744637
I'm a fan of the "barely used iTunes gift card" myself. If they're a particularly stubborn customer and start yelling about how I'm wasting their time and should never have come if I didn't have the agreed upon cash, I throw in the "dusty 24" CRT TV" offer.
>>
>>31744637
>used scuba gear
Every time.
>>
>>31744604
>>31744637
This OP
you can't go wrong
>>
>>31744261
>"Milsurp" dude
>dislikes milsurp handguns, dislikes milsurp ARs, only ever talks about his 2006-tier AR in /arg/
I remember when you used to be cool.
>>
File: Ahugefuckingmistake.jpg (41KB, 437x478px) Image search: [Google]
Ahugefuckingmistake.jpg
41KB, 437x478px
>>31744701
>dislikes milsurp handguns
It's not my fault the Nagant is dogshit.
>dislikes milsurp ARs
They're only shit if they're an A2/A4.
>only ever talks about his 2006-tier AR in /arg/
Because it's totes sex yo.
>I remember when you used to be cool.
I don't.
>>
File: ye boi.png (175KB, 283x474px)
ye boi.png
175KB, 283x474px
>>31744482
>EVERYBODY
>H-HEY EVERYBODY
>I MADE THIS ONE
>GUYS, THIS ONE IS MINE
>I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS
>MOM COME SEE THE PIC I MADE
>>
File: 20160613_132135.jpg (1MB, 1920x986px)
20160613_132135.jpg
1MB, 1920x986px
>>31744722
>I don't
When you were talking about SBRing your Draco and stuff and showing off all your, y'know, military surplus firearms.
You have a neat collection and seem knowledgeable but now you're just a goteposter

>on topic
If it's all-matching that's not a bad price for 2016 OP, the ammo makes it a good deal as well. The cheapest you're gonna find that stuff is 33 cents per round or so.
Check the bore and cylinder for excess wear, also if it's a "CCCP" gun that adds a little bit of extra coolness.
Mine pulls at a (crisp) 8lbs in single action and shoots to point of aim at 15 yard. I can shoot a quarter-sized group at that distance if I do my part and take my time. I find reloading it rather fun, the ammo is low pressure enough that the cases don't stick and you don't even need to use the ejector rod most of the time, just push on the brass sticking out of the top of the cylinder.
Not to mention they're Mosin-tier easy to take apart and clean.
>>
>>31744771
>When you were talking about SBRing your Draco and stuff and showing off all your, y'know, military surplus firearms.
Okay, wanna see the same two dozen or so guns again?
>You have a neat collection and seem knowledgeable
Yeah, and I've answered the same questions and corrected the same retardation for over five years now. Gets old yo.
>but now you're just a goteposter
Gote is love, mang.
>>
>>31744530
I'll leave the money behind the grease disposal bin at the Red Robin, you talk to Paco, he will unlock the gate if you give him the pistol. The money is in sequential bills, so can be tracked if there is any trickery. After Paco is sure of the functionality of the weapon, he will give you the gate key so that you may retrieve the money behind the bin. It's actually not there, but a phone number. It's a burner phone in my pocket. You call it, I don't answer. I wait it out to see what kind of person I'm dealing with. I watch you from afar for the next week to track your movements. After I am satisfied with your character, I leave a note in your mailbox. The note is typed and printed from a crowded library so as not to be traceable. The note tells you where to find a Visa gift card loaded with $350 dollars. It hasn't been activated yet, I still hold the activation codes. This is your final test. If you respond satisfactorily to the inaccessible card I unlock it.
>>
>>31744812
>Okay, wanna see the same two dozen or so guns again?
Better than seeing the same boring AR a hundred times desu senpai
By the way the A2 profile makes sense when you're handing an AR to every chucklefuck in the military who run the risk of slamming that shit into a tree and bending the barrel
Not everyone needs a super special operator hyper-light pencil barrel, it's a few ounces of extra weight at the front of the rifle at most
>>
>>31744856
>run the risk of slamming that shit into a tree and bending the barrel
Stop triggering me.
>Upon completion of the primary test, the straightness gauge, (to indicate barrel bend) would not pass through 1 of 30 M16A1 rifles and would not pass through 14 of 30 M16A2 rifles. An investigation of this condition found that the barrels were not bent but that barrels contained metal foulings. Technical personnel suspected that jacket hardness, powder fouling, and the fast twist probably worked together as contributing factors.
>The M16A2 "heavy barrel" is heavy in the wrong place. The problem with the M16A1 is a temporary bending of the barrel which occurs from the stress of various firing positions causing bullet strike to vary, e.g., the difference between a bipod firing position, and a position using a hasty sling will change the strike of the bullet at 300 meters by three to four feet or more. The "bending" takes place between the receiver and the sling swivel/bayonet stud. The M16A2 barrel is "heavy" only from the sling swivel to the muzzle--where it can have no effect on the bending problem. The Marines plan to test a new barrel which may correct this problem.
>Not everyone needs a super special operator hyper-light pencil barrel
They don't, but no one needs the buttfuck retardation that is the Govt. profile barrel unless they're doing a clone build.
>>
File: 20160329_142034.jpg (2MB, 1920x931px)
20160329_142034.jpg
2MB, 1920x931px
>>31744895
Also consider the fact that a heavier profile at the muzzle would result in less barrel whip AND give a little bit of reduction in muzzle climb.
I'm not saying your points are invalid, but it's a tradeoff of only a few ounces for a lot of small yet tangible benefits. I can see why they went with the A2 profile for back in 1986 when the only things you'd hang on your rifle were a sling and occasionally a bayonet, the AR is extremely light by comparison to other service rifles anyway.
I'm agreeing with you that today it doesn't make a ton of sense to go with the A2 profile for a "modern" build.
>>
>>31744812
show my ur slav shit pistol collection :^
plz
>>
File: MilsurpWife.jpg (62KB, 958x960px)
MilsurpWife.jpg
62KB, 958x960px
Also, this is me and my hot wife!
You jelly noguns fags?
>>
>>31745034
That's a big fucking dude. Makes me feel good to have a gf who is a ballerina.
>>
>>31745034
>philtrum non-existent
an actual retard
>>
>>31744253
R guns has Russian surplus for &5/14 and 1000rd spam cans for like $400
>>
>>31744436
>>31744454

What do you mean by filtered?
>>
>>31745034
> soulles POS
I always knew that tripfags are cancer, but holy shit
>>
>>31744701
Giddy is the only cool poster in /arg/ anymore
>>
>>31744252
100 bucks in 2015
>>
>>31745381
Agreed, he's relevant and probably the funniest trip
>>
>>31744967
The A2 barrel still manages to perform worse than the A1's in terms of accuracy, so while you get some negligible reduction of barrel whipping with the increased thickness you have that downside and the added detriment of it acting like a heat sink right at the muzzle, meaning it will be the last part to cool

Really the A2 barrel is a good example of how NOT to use thickness to improve performance
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.