[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which handguns go up in value over time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: THISISGOOD.png (2MB, 1350x938px) Image search: [Google]
THISISGOOD.png
2MB, 1350x938px
Which handguns go up in value over time?
>>
>>31744047

Authentic WW2 handguns
>>
>>31744047
Hi point
>>
>>31744059
Is there anything that typically goes up in value just based on the brand, how iconic it is, or is it just buying some old collectible in good condition and never using it? Surely there are certain guns that increase in value.
>>
>>31744047
Literally all of them except maybe Saturday night specials. Firearms aren't like cars or electronics, they very rarely depreciate besides when they go from new to used
>>
>>31744081
Hmmm, nagant revolver

i heard many people talking about it's price going up by time
>>
>>31744047
>>31744081
Literally only guns that aren't made anymore. There is not a single production handgun that increases in value as it's being produced.
>>
>>31744188
This. exception being production guns that took a nose dive in quality after a certain date, pre 64 Winchesters will always be worth more than their current production price.
>>
>>31744075
Nice meme
>>
>>31744188
Is there one that notably goes up in value like a Python or something?
>>
File: IMG_4761.jpg (41KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4761.jpg
41KB, 600x338px
Kel-tecs
>>
>>31744047
>Which handguns go up in value over time?

>pre b cz75
>west german p226
>rtf2 glock 19
>gen 1 glocks
>vertec m92
>gen 3 s&w autos

All assuming they're in good condition. Nobody is going to pay $900 for a beat to shit trade in
>>
>>31744802
kek
>>
>>31744802
>65 fucking MILLION dollars
Please tell me he used the money to commission Kel-Tec build a PF9 that isn't 99% plastic
>>
>>31744047
Don't basically all guns go up in value over time?
>>
>>31745121
No. There are bubbles. When people are pushing milsurp or police trade ins as cheap, it's a small bubble until that stock is gone. Like the most recent is the berretta 92, before that it was mosins, sks had its hayday. When people buy a gun they want to get a deal and feel clever about getting something for less. They never want to sell it for less than what they got it so they'll hang on to it and maybe get rid of it in a trade.
Although I'd look for older smith semi's like a model59 or something for collection since most companies are moving over to polymer frames and wouldn't ever justify the cost of manufacturing and marketing a frame people would just call heavy.
>>
>>31745121
There's this thing called supply and demand, anon. Generally when the supply is limited and the demand rises the prices tend to as well.

>>31744047
See above.

Inflation not withstanding, as long as it's out of production it'll likely go up in price. Some more than others. It was only four years ago you could still find an AK easily under $400 and a Mosin under $100. On the other end of the spectrum I recall eyeing Pythons around $1,500, now they pretty much start at $2,500

I think a lot of that has to do with a massive influx of new shooters, good for us, bad for the guns we want to buy. I keep wanting a P7 and it's nagging me that by the time I decide to finally get one it'll probably be $2,000 minimum.

On a side note: are pure Inox 92s considerably more than the current production Inox 92s?
>>
I know things like all steel colt 1911s and revolvers gain value, partly because they are iconic but go out of business every 6 years or so. Find a good company making a limited supply of full metal weapons that is probably shit tanking in a decade and you're set.
>>
>>31744994
I think the final buy price was like, $113,000 or so.
That was probably a shit bid or shopped
>>
>>31745244
>>31745250
What about if shillary gets into office and shits all over our gun rights? THEN wouldn't the value of all guns basically go up?
>>
>>31744188
Mk. 23's are still being produced and have increased in value steadily. But then again the production is limited nowadays.
>>
File: 0922161316.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0922161316.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>31744047
Thing of a historically significant or a popular firearm going up in value is. The manufacturer making a particular handgun for the first time ever... Example would be my walther PPQ .45 First german made walther 45 EVER.
>>
>>31749912
Hahaha what?
That's not how it works guy. That gun is not noteworthy in the least. It'll go unnoticed pushed aside like the steyr m9 type pistols. You have nothing. Might as well shoot it and enjoy it.
>>
>>31744047
Those that already did, will continue to do so.
>>
Rare ones
>>
>>31746184
Don't ask me I'm not an expert on guns or politics.
Hillary rhetoric on "gun show loop hole" as she likes to call it makes me think she wants to do away with private sales altogether so I would kind of expect regular gun prices to go up from manufacturers when people are not easily able to get used, and value on a bought piece plummeting since retailers will get a bulk discount on purchase and offer peanuts for pre-owned ones.
>>
>>31752287
I might of exaggerated about private sales but basically I would expect a lot more restrictions on private sales making it more difficult to get rid of one you don't want, so places that typically buy them will have more people funneling in to sell there when they want to trade off or get rid of something they don't really want so they'll offer less.
Manufacturers will jack up prices because it's not like they're wiping their ass with 100's.
tl dr, guns get more expensive, lose value
>>
What do Llama Commander sized 1911's in .40 go for these days? Wth the white plastic grips
>>
>>31744047
Whatever gunscare, ban, war, and etc... literally whatever is trending, it's a whole greed and sheep mentality thing. Soon probably by next year those $130 Mausers on J&g will go up to $3-400 in price. Basically just watch what's out there and look at the news and forumns. I knew the SKS would go up a few years back so bought 2-3 every year til the Russian import ban and when assholes started selling them for $300-600. I still won't sell them until I either see a price dip or there's another world war
>>
>>31752303
That company finally went down in 2005. Probably worth $200-500 depending on the condition. Magazines are worth $30-65 for some reason.
>>
>>31752302
Like it's basic capitalism buy low sell high. I just think hillary is going to cause massive inflation for gun prices by limiting who can buy/sell further, if you are at the mercy of designated buyers and sellers aside from anyone that can own one legally it's just going to restrict the buy low sell high and cut off being able to find deals aside from typical marketing gimmicks and be at the mercy of whatever pricing they want to set it at which is buy low sell high. inflation. would hope it doesnt extend to other economic policies but political agendas doesnt allow common sense sometimes. cant say i'd be terribly enthusiastic about it probably try to sell off my guns if she gets elected and kinda cry to myself about how much money i lost.
>>
>>31752287
>>31752302
>>31752333
M8, they can "close" the "gun show loophole" aka require a 4473 for all gun purchases, including private sales, and no one will abide by it. That's why I find it funny whenever they bring up more gun control. They either legally can't, or if they can, they will never be able to enforce it. Basically, if I want to sell my pistol my buddy, I'm going to walk up to him, hand him the gun, he hands me cash, and we go our separate ways and no one knows that transaction took place.
>>
Most guns 50bplus years old that are no longer being manufactured
>>
>>31752976
For friends and family, yeah, I would do the same thing and just ignore the BG check shit. Not a worry in the world there.

But otherwise? I've done enough buying and selling online that the majority of the people I trade with here in Texas won't even deal with you unless you show them your LTC. I don't think they'd be A-OK with doing a sale without a 4473.

That being said, I've said it before and I'll say it again, despite people getting all butthurt when I suggest it.

There should be some easy, accessible mobile app or site you can go to, that, with a person's authorization (they can type in their DLID or something), you can run a BG check on them that'll be a simple T/F or Y/N on whether they have particular charges (sex offender, restraining order, felonies, etc.). You, in turn, can receive (without login or e-mail verification) a unique reciept ID showing you did the check (to protect yourself in the even that person comes back saying they got the gun from you if they used it to commit a crime).

I don't think it should be mandatory, but encouraged (it'd look good in court to say you checked, prove it, and they came out okay). On the flip-side I think 4473s ought to go away and LGS adopt the aforementioned instead, if they choose to.

The BG checks only need to be made accessible, private companies can maintain the websites/apps/whatever.

Just my $0.02, now rip into me again, /k/ about how I am a fascist.
>>
>>31754233
>There should be some easy, accessible mobile app or site you can go to, that, with a person's authorization (they can type in their DLID or something), you can run a BG check on them that'll be a simple T/F or Y/N on whether they have particular charges (sex offender, restraining order, felonies, etc.).
Is it illegale to run a BG check on someone without their consent without reasonable cause? Don't call me retarded, seems kind of weird that someone can just run a BG check on me randomly desu...
>>
>>31754297

You could most likely find all that info with 10 minutes of google fu
>>
>>31754385
>having faceberg
>having tweeter
>having a jewgle account
>having any online presence whatsoever
Heh, nothing personnel, kid.
>>
>>31744157
I don't know if you're joking becuase lol nugget, but the hand nugget, while hardly a collectable, has jump very substantially in value. Like 150% in just 2-3 years due to no imports
>>
>>31754453

>sex offender, restraining orders, felonies

Yeah real likely to find those on FB right?
>>
File: Reichswehr Luger.png (250KB, 746x475px) Image search: [Google]
Reichswehr Luger.png
250KB, 746x475px
>>31744047
Off the top of my head, Colt Python/Anaconda/Diamondback because Colt will never reach that level of craftsmanship again.

Guns with a certain type of history also have very hungry markets.
>>
File: 1441757237083.jpg (134KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
1441757237083.jpg
134KB, 895x895px
>>31754474
>not advertising that you diddled a kid on your Facebook account
Fucking normies get out REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1459040741550.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1459040741550.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>31754297
Background checks only take into account publicly available information. It's not like they're hacking your email or looking at whatever sick algorithm google uses to sell you dragon dildos. The reason they cost money and are difficult at all is because our inept government still uses paper for records, despite requiring several private industries (I'm in healthcare) to use digital record databases.
>>
>>31754516
>(I'm in healthcare)
On a scale of 1 to rolling on the ground, what is your reaction when people want to "ensure the mentally ill cannot have access to guns", thereby violating HIPAA?
>>
>>31744266
Yeah, a python, because they are out of production.>>31744802
>>
>>31746184
If its anything like obama, she won't do anything and idiots will horde and drive the price up.
>>
File: consider the following.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>31754638
Supreme Court justices are on the table now, family.

And since apparently the Supreme Court can pass laws nowadays instead of just enforce them, there's a lot at stake.
>>
>>31754638
More than likely this. Gun ownership is an all time high of almost 50% of the country, and infringement upon that would cause a huge uproar. It'll most likely be small shit I.E mag caps and licensure plans but that'll more than likely be the extent of it.
>>
File: IMG_20150805_202352.jpg (2MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150805_202352.jpg
2MB, 3200x2368px
>>31744047
My meatball might I guess.
>>
>>31754733
Is that a suppressor?
>>
>>31754577
HIPAA is a Bill Clinton fuck up anyway, one of the many legal reasons healthcare is so fucking expensive (USA is the best place in the world to sue people and the only place in the world where what you contribute to your country can in fact be just being a dickhead lawyer putting doctors and hospitals out of business)

It's not like gun legislation matters in the US at all anyway. I do pain management to supplement my anesthesia income and I've had several patients with felonies kill themselves with firearms.
>>
File: IMG_20150810_180718.jpg (3MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150810_180718.jpg
3MB, 3200x2368px
>>31754737
Compensator. Has holes in the top to direct the gas upwards to help with muzzle flip.

>>>/wsg/1358186
>>
>>31754783
Neat!
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.