[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, hollow points are the go to for self defense/carry rounds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (109KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 880x660px
So, hollow points are the go to for self defense/carry rounds. We don't need to discuss the ins and outs of why, but it got me thinking. Are there any /k/ approved fmj specifically designed for self defense that would defeat multiple or thick layers of clothing without overpenetrating before expansion?

I live in a moderately mild part of the states so the thought never really occurred to me before but I'm interested in learning more about the subject so lay it on me

>pic related, what I carry
>>
>>31743954
How big are your mom's tits?
>>
>>31744038
Yeh figured I should've waited for night /k/
>>
>>31744051
I am a member of night /k/.

You're question is stupid. So I'm toying with you. At best this is qtddtot.

Also, how big are your mom's tits?
>>
File: image.png (368KB, 727x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
368KB, 727x547px
>>31744074
>I am night k your question is stupid im the best troll

I hope to learn more on a subject so I ask a question. Get called stupid. Pro shit. Gotta love the community

Couldn't really say. She's getting on in years so there's really no way to tell. Thanks for the help chief
>>
>>31744119

No kid. Look HP contracts and does more flesh damage. FMJ is going to punch a hole and go through. It's that simple.
>>
>>31744119
He's actually right.... dumb question... google would reveal that gold dot 9mm penetrates 4 layers of denim and 16" of ballistic gel... no need for fmj..
>>
No.

There are HPs that will reliably expand despite 4 layers of denim. Federal HSTs and Winchester Rangers are the most advanced, reliable, and effective rounds on the market right now.
>>
HST or Gold Dot.

Now git nigger
>>
Underwood Xtreme Defender
>>
>>31743954
Absolutely, .380 is only useful with FMJ.
>>
>>31745340
Stop spouting fuddlore. Google ".380 Ammo Quest" and you'll find test data proving .380 FMJ still overpenetrates, but there are several worthwhile brands to buy that perform quite well.
>>
>>31743954
If you're seriously concerned with that, then get a jhp with a polymer insert like hornady or something. But must modern jhp rounds shouldn't have that problem.
>>
File: FAPD9GRD.jpg (47KB, 504x289px) Image search: [Google]
FAPD9GRD.jpg
47KB, 504x289px
>>31743954
>there any /k/ approved fmj specifically designed for self defense that would defeat multiple or thick layers of clothing without
>>
>>31743954
>hollow points are the go to for self defense/carry rounds
enjoy your failure to expand if it gets a single thread from a t-shirt stuck in it
>>
>>31745578

Why do you faggots keep posting your Philips head bullets? Weren't these supposedly the rounds you can use for bear defense?
>>
>>31745605
Because it's the best, even when hollowpoints (including your Hornady baby-safe tips) don't fail to expand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0piGeTVMZWs
>>
Choosing FMJ over HP for defensive ammo is dumb, unless you have a crap gun that can't cycle HP ammo.
>best case with HP
you shoot HP and it reliably expands, causing damage
>worst case with HP
it clogs with clothing and penetrates like FMJ anyway.

most decent HP ammo doesn't "clog" with fibers. some manufacturers fill the hollow tip with polymer to exclude fibers if you're really worried about bad guys wearing denim jackets.
>>
>>31745605
>Weren't these supposedly the rounds you can use for bear defense?
That's the Xtreme Penetrator, I posted the Xtreme Defense, which is crazy different for looking nearly identical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnFwr2ycgXk
>>
>>31745551
Neat. That's like a fruit gusher bullet.
>>
>>31745639
>"barrier test"
you don't buy HP ammo to defeat barriers, and you don't buy barrier defeating ammo to cause tissue damage
opinion discarded
>>
>>31744119
>Google doesn't exist
Christ, society is fucked.
>>
>>31745715
It has a huge, gaping advantage with barriers, but it's still better through plain gel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClJcJ8LQFbQ
>>
File: betty_crocker_gushers.jpg (48KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
betty_crocker_gushers.jpg
48KB, 400x300px
>>31745693

Thanks for reminding me of that fucking disgusting candy. It's one of the few things that made me question my decision to move to America.
>>
>>31744074
>too intelligent to not parade my autism and sperginess on 4chan
>hurr durr look at me, i know something he doesn't, i bet if i withhold that information he will kiss my feet and suck my dick. haha ha, yes, i am le king of 4chin
>toying with you

go back to /g/ you spergy fagit
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.