[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuddy fives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: springfieldcorner.jpg (55KB, 425x310px) Image search: [Google]
springfieldcorner.jpg
55KB, 425x310px
Thoughts on the XD45? I already own a 1911, is there any reason to own one of these too? 1911 is cool but heavy and low cap. My hands are small and can't get comfy behind a Glock 21 so that's out.
>>
>>31743021
DonĀ“t buy Cro-Shit.
Get a compact USP variant or something
>>
>>31743021
garbage. get a glock or an m+p
>>
FNX 45
USP
>>
File: download (6).jpg (5KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
5KB, 270x187px
Random anon jumping in. Really considering xdm 45 myself. Seems good
>>
>>31743275
The grip texture is horrendous. Was uncomfortable to shoot after 4 mags
>>
>>31743293
add grip tape?
>>
>>31743021
XD owners typically have punisher skulls and assault life stickers on their V8 nisans. You don't want to be a part of that.
>>
>>31743021
Stainless magazines and other superior features to unenlightented glocks... just no lanyard is the only downside I can think of. Points well and MOD 2 GRIP ZONE is where it's at.
>>
>>31743021
It manages the impossible feat of being uglier than a Glock.
>>
I want to get a metal framed 45, either a 1911 or something like a Sig. I already have a polymer wonder 9 and it's practical but boring.

What should I be looking at for around $800-1000 to spice up my collection?
>>
>>31743129
I support these choices.
>>
I have an xd9. Nothing wrong with it, except moderately pricey magazines. IMO, the M, S, and mod 2 are ugly AF; but whatever floats your boat. Also, probably the comfiest grip I've used (have 11 handfuns, 5 diff pistol grip rifles). And if you dig it, mechtech makes a carbine unit for the xd.
>>
XD fell out of favor when they did the grip zone crap. It is no different than what Glock or M&P is putting out. XDs are solid. The only detractors you see in this thread are cosmetic related or punisher skull related. So no real critiques from these nerds.
When I bought mine the major deciding factor for me was a smoother trigger pull and tighter sights. I also have bigger hands so the XD just fit better.
Seriousy there is nothing wrong with Glock, M&P, XD, or FNX just try em all.
>>
>>31743021
Great gun, though I suggest the XDM, mostly for the aesthetic and accessories it comes with. Also has better resale value.

If you're open to other options, the FNX is probably the best full size 45 around.
>>
>>31743021
Would consider USP full size or compact, M&P, G21sf/G30, and the P220. Beyond those probably not
>>
>>31743021
It's big so tiny hands will probably be an issue. Love mine personally, 13+1 is awesome. Never had any reliably issues either. Just a bit of a pain to find non-generic holsters, which is true for any accessory for the xd line.

Also >>31744578
Not sure when punisher became related, but most of the criticism is undetectable bullshit.
>>
>>31745188
>undetectable
That was supposed to be "undefendable" fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>31745188
Oh i know...
>cosmetic related or punisher skull related, So no real critiques from these nerds
>>
>>31743021
I personally don't care for it, a friend of mine loves the ever-loving shit out of his XD 45.

On another note I shot this and my USP 45 side by side and the XD 45 surprisingly had considerably less recoil.

If I had to go for a modern, full-size 45 though I'd be hard pressed to get the FNX 45 or the HK45. The HK feels so much better, and I am an HK fag, but the FNX 45 is better for the price (unless it's the Tactical version) and is +3 on capacity.

On the cheap end I'd go with a Glock over M&P or XD. I've owned all three (in 9) and as much as I hate to say it I think Glock is the best of the bunch. Plus you just can't beat it's after-market.
>>
>>31743021
I've had mine since 2010 and love it
>>
It's a good polymer pistol. It fits my hand better than a glock and in 7 years I've never had an issue with it. It makes a good CC and HD handgun.
>>
>>31744578

>Grip safety on XD

Not saying it's a bad gun, but not all the negatives about the gun are cosmetic.
>>
>>31745349
usp or fnx or hk tactical? how are grip width for fnx vs usp? i heard usp is thicker but lower boolits
>>
>>31746030
Why do you consider that a negative?
>>
>>31743129
If you go FNX, keep in mind the mags are $50 and do not drop free
>>
>>31746230
I've only shot the USP, held all three at least.

As for the FN I always thought the grip patterns were too uncomfortable, but I didn't find the 45 to be too thick. The HK45 was easily the most comfortable of the bunch.

USP is a thick grip for sure, and the least ergonomic, but not bad. It's only fewer than the FN by one, not three like the HK45 (12, 13 and 10 respectively) Why they have never bothered to do any updates to the USP frame is beyond me. It's clearly still a seller but I guess maybe not enough to merit updating the mold.

Also beats me as to why H&K just can't into capacity.

>HK45: 10 rounds
>P30, VP9: 15 rounds

This would make sense if they were all compacts, but they're all full size, and should hold 12 (like the fucking USP) and 17 (like the Glock 17).

It's funny but sad how this can be a deciding factor. I read once that they did 15 for the P30/VP9 due to some import/export legalities, but not sure how much truth there is to that.
>>
>>31743021
FNX 45 and USP 45 are the best options right now. Also USP can shoot .45 Super
>>
>>31746995
For 45 super you just want a fully supported chamber, which the USP does not have. The USP tactical might
>>
>>31746242
I bet it's one of two reasons.
>muh competition shooters
Supposedly competitions shooters had a habit of pinning grip safeties down or removing them completely.

>muh one story from arfcom about a dude with a 1911
Dude in question was shot in both hands and didn't have a proper grip on his 1911 after, you know, being shot in the fucking hand. He then adjusted grip and returned fire.
>>
>Also USP can shoot .45 Super
XD can shoot .45 Super no problemo and .460 Rowland with just a barrel swap and maybe a mag spring.
Plus with a PRP trigger it's pretty sweet.
>>
>>31746995
People shoot 45 super through the FNX 45 without issues.

With an EFK barrel, people use 400 corbon just fine too.
>>
>>31743021
so im looking for a .45, double stack, DA/SA
ive looked at
>sig p227
>HK USP
>smith and wesson 4500 series
Thoughts, what else should I consider? how are .45 CZ's?
>>
>>31746970
honestly, how does the USP have such shitty capacity? it blows my mind how such a reputable company literally can't compete with other popular brands because of that one factor (along with overly expensive guns).

it's t w e n t y s i x t e e n
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.