[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

m1 carbine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: m1carbine.jpg (17KB, 710x340px) Image search: [Google]
m1carbine.jpg
17KB, 710x340px
So i have been wanting to get one of these rifles for a while as a fun plinker gun and something for the wife to feel comfortable shooting. I do not care that it is a reproduction rifle, just using it for fun. So can any anon make recommendations for companies to buy a new M1 carbine from? lets try to keep the upper limits of the price around $1800. I know about fulton and a few others, just wondering if there is a best rifle for the money out there. Thanks
>>
>>31742930
if you want the feel of an m1 carbine but want the best bang for your buck just get a chiappa citadel
>not paying out the ass for a real m1 carbine
>not paying out the ass for .30
>>
>>31742951
Yea, no. I don't want the .22. I can reload .30, I'm not really worried about price of the rounds as they are fairly cheap around me anyways and there is always online.

So not one of you guys on here owns this rifle to make any recommendations for me?
>>
From what I can tell all the repros are pretty shitty. Auto-Ordanance, and Inland are the main repros it seems, and so far the reviews aren't that great. The Chiappa M1-9 is also an option, but it's also terrible.
>>
>>31742930
Auto Ordinance makes them new and sells for sub $900

I tried to link the site but 4Chan thinks I am a robot

The product SKU is AOM130
>>
>>31742930
You know that you can still get originals in pretty good shape on Gunbroker in the $700 range, right?
>>
>>31744087
My grandpa had a Vietnam era Auto Ordinance M1 carbine that may or may not have seen combat.
To this day I have never had more fun shooting a gun
>>
File: m1.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
m1.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
You can get a new 'inland' one for 1400 but they're not that amazing (I prefer my original more) or you can get a chiappa in 9mm that takes glock mags for 600ish however they have a shitty rear sight. Honestly just stop being a whiny fucking cuck and get a surplus one for 800-1100 and use tulammo for it. You can get 50 rounds of tulammo for 16 bucks in 30 carbine.
Mine runs well on it
>>
>>31744164
I've got a 505xxx s/n Inland. Love it. Not a single complaint.
>>
>>31744174
Wanting the actual caliber the gun was chambered in makes me a whiny cuck? Man I just thought I knew what I wanted, thanks for the enlightenment.

I was unaware that you could get a surplus one for that price and it still be in good condition. I'm wary of buying surplus guns, especially if I can't handle the gun before purchase, hence going new and having a warranty so if something fucks up its not on me.
>>
>>31744116
Are there things I should steer clear of when buy originals? I'm not versed in buying used guns online, so feel free to tutor me here
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.