[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people try to be frugal when purchasing a pistol. Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Glock_17C_cropped.jpg (463KB, 1628x1190px) Image search: [Google]
Glock_17C_cropped.jpg
463KB, 1628x1190px
Why do people try to be frugal when purchasing a pistol. Don't buy some unreliable piece of shit that doesn't work at least buy a used Glock.
>>
>dont buy unreliable piece of shit
>buy used glock

r u memin me sun
>>
File: IMAG0752.jpg (757KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0752.jpg
757KB, 3264x1836px
Realistically, people like to save money. Myself included. Any day I would rather but any Glock over $2000 dollar 1911. That being said, I also buy budget guns that I know perform well. Like my ATI 1911. For me it's balance of value, quality and price. I just don't think that paying for a gun that I could 3 or 4 guns for the same price is a good idea, especially if the only benefits are finish and smoothness.

However that being said there are garbage guns that are cheap and a lot of people buy. The fact is that a new shooter doesn't really know what to buy, and will probably get something cheap to try and get into shooting. Realistically, however, of the person refuses to listen to others and still buys the garbage, he/she probably won't really get into shooting.
>>
>>31743025
Sorry for my shit grammar, my phone skipped some words and corrected others
>>
>glock
>reliable
>>
>>31743046
Nice try kike
>>
The people that buy cheap shit guns are most likely old /noguns/ who don't think they will ever need to use it. They live in a fantasy world where nothing ever happens and that if anything WERE to happen they would scare the people off with the gun.
t. most of my family. They have never even shot the guns they own or cleaned/oiled them.
>>
I don't think newfags factor in ammo, either. You're going to be spending hundreds just learning to shoot the thing
>>
>>31743109
I don't know if it was just me, but the first time I shot a pistol I caught on and really only needed 20~30 rounds to get comfy with it. Granted I was no, and still to this day, crack shot.

Then again I already had a long history shooting rifles beforehand.
>>
File: 800px-Steyr_M-A1_1.jpg (77KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Steyr_M-A1_1.jpg
77KB, 800x583px
If you already buy our products at least get something Upper Austrian, Lower Austria a shit
>>
>>31743156
The reason he said it takes hundreds is because you have to practice different things. Quick drawing from your concealed holster, rapid shots, firing from concealment, firing against multiple targets from different distances, firing off hand, quick reloading. Just some examples. If your basis for "learning" your gun is that you shot a still target 30 times then good luck to you in a combat situation.
>>
>>31743237
How are those pistols?
>>
>>31743359
Oh, shit like that.

I've always considered "learning" a weapon just getting used to how it handles and shoots. You know the basic shit. Forgive me.
>>
>>31743373

COMFY trigger and I like the sights

Also it looks nice, no aftermarket though
>>
>>31742824
People dont understand that you get what you pay for.
I'd rather buy something expensive that lasts than something cheap that's mediocre.
>>
>>31743373
Feels almost as nice as my $900 Strike One

Feels superior to all of you, really

Only part I hate is expensive mags and holsters
>>
>>31743373
mediocre
expensive mags
no aftermarket
>>
>>31743109
and hence why after their first+ammo+cleaning supplies+whatever-else
They usually factor in other expenses whenever purchasing another gun, unless they're dumb.
>>
The " you get what you pay for" " diminishing returns don't exist" fuddlore way of thinking is one of the worst memes to grace society.
Just because something costs twice as much doesn't mean it's inherently twice as good.

I think if Hi Point charged $500 for their guns, /k/ would love them.
>>
>Buying a Glock
>Ever

Tip top phantasmagorical kek kekington.
>>
>>31745178
I wouldn't say $500. they feel way too shit for that. though i'd say they'd still be an easy sell at $300.
>>
The current market cost of most firearms is highly overvalued, even after the cost is lowered at the dealer. Your Glock is one of the prime examples of a new tech reducing actual production and material costs while also incurring higher consumer costs due to market perceptions. The cost and demand is growing but the economy is not reflecting those changes for most buyers. People still want reliable and new firearms but they're feeling the crunch so they try to buy a reasonably priced gun and make up their losses elsewhere, usually in ammo and holsters. That's why people buy $1000 dollar Sigs and HKs but put it in a $15 nylon holster and feed reloads and tulas into it.
>>
When it comes to a pistols I buy police trade in Glocks. I would be hard pressed to spend more then $600 on a pistol.

For fighting rifles the sky is the limit! SCAR 17S being my most expensive purchase at $2600
>>
What's a good ccw pistol I just turned 21 today
>>
>>31742824
Instant gratification.

Why save up $500 for a good ass pistol when you can snatch up that SDV40E the dude behind the LGS counter keeps pitching at you for a mean deal of $230?
>>
Is a 92fs good
>>
>>31746523
>bulky
>shit capacity for it's size
No.
>>
>>31742824
i thought you were going to say why be frugal and buy a glock. it's decent, but i'd say the bare minimum.
>>
File: 1476461129722.jpg (170KB, 600x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476461129722.jpg
170KB, 600x960px
>>31746566
>17 rounds is shit capacity for a fullsize
Did you buy one of those ridiculous polymer CZs that hold something like 19+1 or 20+1 by virture of having the longest grip known to man or are you just living in 2003?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.