[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dual wielding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

Is there actually any benefit to this?
>>
>>31740870

Violence of action
>>
>>31740870
No, may be firing more rounds, but half won't hit, so might as well just use one and save the other magazine, or give the 2nd gun to somebody else.
>>
>>31740870
if you're ambidextrous, you can shoot with the first gun until it's empty, then instantly switch to the other gun. it's like having an instant reload
>>
File: HOW 2 DUAL WIELD PISTOLS.jpg (659KB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
HOW 2 DUAL WIELD PISTOLS.jpg
659KB, 3200x2400px
>DOUBLE THE POWER
>DOUBLE THE ACCURACY
WHAT MORE IS THERE TO UNDERSTAND?
>>
>>31740870
It's called a "movie". It's full of visually cool things that don't work in real Life, like Tom Cruise (pick any movie)...
>>
>>31740870
Could be useful for the first few seconds, when you have overwhelming firepower as >>31740875 said. Violence of action. After that it's pretty useless.
>>
>>31740870
Perfect for Mexican standoffs. Wouldn't show up to one without it
>>
>>31740908
>like Tom Cruise (pick any movie)...
Collateral
>>
Suppressing fire.... maybe
>>
>>31740870
Yes - when you have obsolete fudd guns like 1911's it gives you the same ammo capacity as modern guns but with a higher rate of fire and a reduced accuracy.
>>
Here's a question: What do actual "hitmen" use? 9mm? .45ACP? .12 g?
>>
Prior the widespread availability of semi-automatic rifles and submachine guns I think it makes sense.

What would you rather in trench warfare?

1. Full length bolt action rifle with a length about the same size as you are tall.

2. A melee weapon like a knife or a shovel.

3. Colt 1911.

4. Two Colt 1911s.
>>
>>31740875
What does that even mean? As a sentence, it makes no clear sense.
>>
>>31740870
Check out some cowboy action shooting, anon. Gunfighter is the prefered division for a lot of experienced single action shooters.
>>
>>31740991
Revolvers. No brass, you see. Although, I once talked to a retired hitman who used to work in the 80s and early 90s. He said it doesn't matter. Back in his day, there were no cameras in most places, nor was everyone armed with a camera on their cell phone. His style was to mag dump into someone in the most populated place possible. He'd get away with it because the cops would have no clue who to look for after interviewing a hundred witnesses.
>>
>>31740991
.22LR. At least that's what Mossad uses.

has anyone ever done a sick gundrive in recorded history.
>>
>>31741020
>Revolvers. No brass, you see.
That makes sense...
>>
>>31740996
Put chaos onto your opponent so they'll panic and wont be able to think straight. "Look at that badass motherfucker, I am so fucked"
>>
>>31740870
Suppressing fire.
>>
>>31740870
No, it's better to holster one of your pistol and shoot with the other. When you run out of ammo, ditch your current pistol and draw your holstered pistol then continue firing. That's what cowboys did with Peacemaker back in the days.
>>
>>31740996
The recoil from firing single handed and lack of support from your off hand when firing a pistol would make hitting targets difficult, you'd also have to re-acquire your bead after every shot instead of laying into the target

And you're holding a pistol in each hand so double the effect
>>
>>31741020
Cool to know but, what caliber?

Heard someone say .22lr
>>
>>31741449
>That's what cowboys did with Peacemaker back in the days.
But wasn't that more about the lengthy time it took to reload? Whereas a semi-auto, it's just eject, slam, rack..
>>
>>31740931
Rain man
>>
>>31740870
It is if you have akimbo raffica, stopping power, and steady aim.
>>
>>31741496
>Cool to know but, what caliber?
I'd go 7 or 8-shot .357mag, but I'm no hitman. I remember reading about a vigilante taxicab driver in Houston that would deliberately drive into bad areas of town, for the chance to be robbed so he could kill the perp. He used a .41 mag. Happened back in the 80's...
>>
>>31741449
>That's what cowboys did

That does not qualify the technique. Cowboys were the nigger gangsters of their era.
>>
>>31741543
Jesus that's asking for trouble

I'd also say a 7 or 8 shot but in a semi auto .45, ballistics even w/o hollow points are enough to rupture organs completely and for sure destroy the brain
>>
>>31740886
This
>>
>>31740870
>>31740875
>>31740992
>>31741551
violence of action is an infantry fighting concept where you use firepower and speed to overwhelm, suppress, advance, and overcome your enemies position. ideally it will entail maneuvering to reduce their ability to retreat or maintain cohesion. it's very effective at producing infantry kills with small arms although wasteful of ammunition and useless if the enemy's position isn't known.

"cowboys" had braces of pistol, but often carried two or three because reloading was painfully slow. many would carry completely new cylinders already loaded as well since on some black powder guns you would remove the barrel with a small notch and locking piece, pop off the spent cylinder, then "load" a new cylinder in it's place and reattach the barrel. compare that to individually loading all the cylinders again, under fire, and you can see the advantages.

with two pistols, often one was used when the other was empty to simply continue the pattern of fire to suppress the enemy while allies performed the killing maneuvers. you could also "new york reload" where you, much like the old cowboys, would simply hold the other pistol in the offhand and switch out your empty pistol for it if needed, otherwise you reloaded as normal.

gunfighting is intended to see you survive to get home - so whatever is effective tends to work, even if it might seem silly.
>>
>>31741511
>Rain man

That would have been an awesome movie if Dustin Hoffman's character had been a hitman. That autistic fuck would have been like the terminator, a /robot/ killing machine.
>>
>>31740870
Remember seeing something about a sniper being discovered by VC patrol in Nam, drew a 1911 and a revolver then proceeded to charge them both guns blazing. Killed a few of them and freaked the others out enough for them to fallback for long enough for the sniper to make a retreat. In close, in a pinch two guns are slightly greater than one; Impactical as fuck though.
>>
This scene is a perfect example of one of the rare times it would be a decent idea to dual wield

>he didnt show up duel wielding like its better, they were in some heavy shit and he grabbed his buddies gun
>experienced shooter
>cops come around the corner at close range and he has overwhelming firepower before they can shoot back
>two cops, shooting at both at the same time
>>
>>31740870

There is absolutely a benefit to being Harvey Keitel.
>>
>>31741686
Didn't he die in the movie?

That doesn't sound very beneficial
>>
>>31742378
Well, he died as Harvey Keitel, not as a god damn faggot
>>
We all know about the reasoning behind why dual wielding is dumb/pointless/wasteful.

But what I want to know is, is it possible to train oneself to be proficient at dual wielding? Now when you break this question down

>How accurate are you shooting with your left/right hand?

>How accurate are you shooting one handed?

>How quickly can you acquire two different targets with your left/right hand at the same time?

Basically, is it possible to become good at it? Regardless if it's dumb in the first place.
>>
>>31740870
Maybe for emergency suppressing fire.
>>
>>31740991
Doesn't really matter, since they have time to place a shot.

>>31741020
No longer true. Realistically it would now be easier to use a silenced semi auto when the target is asleep/alone and hide/get rid of the body. No body, and the person is considered "missing" for a while, letting the trail cool down.

Plus it isn't too difficult to pick up the casings.
>>
>>31742585
Shit. Read that as suppressed, not silenced.
>>
>>31742452
fair point
>>
>>31742502
>How quickly can you acquire two different targets with your left/right hand at the same time?
>at the same time

Extremely small, even with "practice". You would be legitimately better off engaging each target separately from one another.
>>
>>31741543
I think I remember who you're talking about. He had a mohawk right? What a weirdo.
>>
>>31741020
>>31741410
>>31741496
>>31741543
>>31742585

I'll go ahead and say this for anyone who's interested. The revolver as a tool for clipping someone isn't actually that amazing, it doesn't kick out brass, but unless you live in a really high rate of murder area, the wound and slug will be used to determine caliber. The slug's got the important information on it, imprint from the rifling in the barrel. The casings are not relevant, because you would have loaded your weapon wearing gloves.

As far as using a suppressor, it's probably unnecessary. Being heard is fine, being seen isn't. A suppressor is also going to change the marks left on the slug, possibly making identification easier.

If you're savvy, you'd want a gun that's common to the area, and caliber choice is dictated by that, that said you can't go wrong with .38, 9mm, .45, and .380 and .357 as well.

If your can swing it, a shotgun is your best route, leaves no ballistic data unique to any one shotgun. Using a break open would be the way to go, and if you don't give a fuck, a sawed off will aid concealment and make you look like a classic hard man. Shotguns are harder to get rid of.

The biggest thing is to clean and dispose of the gun after, and clean GSR off yourself, which is really easy to do in spite of what CSI shit shows would have you believe.
>>
Question to americans

is it possible to have pic related but with 2 uzis as open carry?
if yes in which states?
>>
>>31740996
it can be summed up in a quote from "True Grit"

Rooster Cogburn: You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him
>>
>>31745734
God damn dude...

>>31745934
Technically in any open carry state, but I have to believe regardless of where you were, someone would call the police, and others would stare at you.
>>
>>31746070
but it wouldn't be illegal to walk around like that?
like the cops would show up, check ID and stuff and then fuck off?
>>
File: .9mm.png (731KB, 800x1349px) Image search: [Google]
.9mm.png
731KB, 800x1349px
>>31740991
>.12 g
>>
>>31746091
It would probably be a bit more protracted of an encounter than that. Also, you'd probably be told by every establishment you went into, to get the fuck out of there.
>>
File: 1434561782965.jpg (31KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434561782965.jpg
31KB, 400x600px
>>31746149
even in a small town in texas?
>>
>>31746175
Yes, probably. It's not common anywhere for people to just walk around with two carbines hanging off their sides. People might not tell you to get the hell out, or leave them outside. But everyone would still think you're an asshole.
>>
>>31745934
Is this actually what noguns yuros think Americans do?
>>
>>31746091
>cops would show up, check ID and stuff and then fuck off?
at the discretion of the police

most likely they would annoy you until you sperg'd then arrest you on resisting arrest and black van you the fuck out of town after confiscating your weapons.

One thing you need to understand about american police is that they have unlimited power to annoy you without having to formally charge you for anything. We have these awesome "asset seizure" laws.

So they could detain you, arrest you for resisting arrest, seize your akimbo uzi's, then drop the charges and release you 24 hours later.
So you get a night in jail, and are entitled to the right to spend a few grand and a year or two going through the court system trying to get your uzi's back.
Either you lose in court and lose out on several thousand dollars and years of your life
or you win in court and you lose several thousand dollars and years of your life and get told that the police department lost your property in some kind of inventory mishap (insert bullshit excuse here).

Back to start, you now have the option to spend more years + money pursuing those abortions of justice. Or drop it.

Either way the US government gets to milk you for money in court fees, and your lawyer makes his 3rd vacation house payments off you, while you pursue your principles.

TL;DR it would be a very long and drawn out method of fucking yourself.
>>
>>31745934
>>
File: z545g.png (62KB, 1321x1681px) Image search: [Google]
z545g.png
62KB, 1321x1681px
>>31746216
>>31746246
now i'm disappointed, I didn't really wanted to know if it was possible or not, I just wanted a bit of comfort and pity because I'm too much of a pussy to ever leave the house, I would never ever be in the US and actually try to do that, I was just hoping that somewhere on earth there is a place where I can holster my uzis and walk around them like a free man free from oppression, you don't know what its like when its illegal to defend yourself and your property, imagine shit happens and you have to take it and swallow it, arms bound by stupid laws who protect criminals and punish citizens.
Feeling like a sheep who is just waiting to get its throat slit.
>>
>>31740870
Yes, but only for covering fire, and in that case, just use a submachine gun.

There was a famous eastern European gangster/hitman who used dual pistols just to put loads of bullets downrange, forgot his name
>>
>>31740870
Firing both at the same time?
No.

But the new York reload isn't a terrible strategy. You can holster one pistol when it's empty, then draw and fire the other while you reload the first one in the holster. Keep up a near-constant stream of fire.
>>
>>31746325
We'll that bummed me out to read. For what it's worth, I've open carried in a shoulder rig all over in Seattle, and never had a single bad experience with it. If you did it with handguns, you'd probably be fine.
>>
>>31742502

Usual Suspects portrays it more accurately with the garage bit, Baldwin has to line both the mooks up one at a time whilst they're fighting with his buddies, then fires both at once and manages to tag them.
>>
>>31746572
>Seattle
>Open carry

Really? I thought Seattle was too liberal for that shit?
>>
>>31745734

Ballistic identification is basically bullshit and only matters if they get a hold of the gun you used, in which case you are already fucked.
>>
>>31746698
For the most part Washington is okay in terms of gun rights, universal background checks are one of the worst things though. Seattle is definitely a liberal hub, but eastern Washington gets pretty conservative.
>>
>>31746725
>if they get a hold of the gun you used, in which case you are already fucked
Only if they find the gun in a way that connects to you.

>shoot someone with a cheap pistol
>toss pistol in an alleyway in a bad neighborhood
>local dindu picks it up and starts carrying it
>dindu is stopped by police, arrested for unlicensed concealed carry
>police check the ballistics
>Jamarius Jones is charged with the murder you committed
>>
>>31740908
That scene is pretty much perfect, and one of the few times two guns works. Grab two beer bottles at 15 feet and try for 5 rounds in 2 seconds.
>>
>>31741020

The actual answer is: inexpensive but decent pistol bought face-to-face, oil filter suppressor, rounds loaded with gloves.

Afterwards, clean gun, strip gun, into the rivers and dumpsters it goes.
>>
File: DSCN4313.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4313.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I tried dual wielding 10mm's. The 29 holds 10 rounds and the 20 holds 15. When the 29 ran out of ammo it I was still squeezing the trigger and it got awkward and uncomfortable. So I hid them in my back pack and went home and swore I'd never talk about it.
>>
>>31740991
cci .22 quiet
>>
>>31740908
the dual wield scene in the usual suspects is bad ass as phuck.
>>
>difficult/impossible to aim both at the same time and thus fire accurately

What if we throw lazor devices in the mix?
>>
>>31752079
they'd have to be different colors so that you know which dot is which gun
>>
>>31752079
I was actually thinking about this for a while lately how to make akimbo pistols work, aim one handgun with the sights (a red dot would probably work better) then try to see if you can pick up the other lasers dot on the second one. At least that's what I would try.
>>
>>31740991

Aussie Mafia style was sawn off shotgun then revolver to confirm.
>>
>>31752099
>this
>>
File: 1.jpg (43KB, 722x966px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43KB, 722x966px
>>31740870
up close only
>>
>>31745734
Fuck yeah use a lupara
>>
>>31740870
>2 guns = 2x power
>double the clip size
>If someone tries to disarm one gun, you can shoot them with the other
>ability to shoot 2 people at once
>easier to dodge other people's bullets while using pistols
>>
>>31740870
Perhaps your opponent is close enough that you can be guaranteed to hit yet far enough that he can't grab you. In all likelihood, you look cooler.
>>
File: 64563456435645.png (296KB, 599x309px) Image search: [Google]
64563456435645.png
296KB, 599x309px
>>31740882
>>
>>31754546
Well Revy's a pyschopathic freak of nature in an anime, she doesn't count
>>
>>31741020
>I once talked to a retired hitman
that's so cool anon.
>>
>>31746311
kek that's so badass -- what movie?
or is that just a promo shot??
>>
>>31754932
That's chuck norris euroanon

The man, the meme, the legend
>>
>>31740930
you mean two
>>
>>31754932
thx, i know it's chuck, but is it a screenshot or is it just a publicity pic?
>>
>>31740870
Maybe if you have eyes that work independently of one another. Or you don't use your sights, like, at all. Maybe it's possible to rapidly switch your eyes between guns while firing? Or maybe you're blind and target via sound? Anyway, have fun reloading.
>>
>>31754983
this is for you anon >>31754983
>>
>>31741600
>violence of action is an infantry fig...

Its an ancient common sensical observation about how momentum and morale work that it sounds like someone turned into a trademark phrase to take credit for to sound like a military genius or something.
>>
>>31752099
>>31752690

damn you both are retarded.

There's no reason to use different colors. Either dot would get you in the ballpark of where you want to shoot, which is as good as you are going to get firing two guns.

If you have one gun pointing one way, and the other pointing another, it will be self evident which dot is which.

Goddamn i fucking hate retards like you guys.
>>
>>31745734
Snub nose with lead wad cutters, odds that anyone can actual get any info from what's left of the bullet are essentially zero. Also the little NAA 22 revolvers are known for not leaving rifling on the bullet due to the length of the barrel
>>
File: 20160403_164956 - Kopie.jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20160403_164956 - Kopie.jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
>>31740992
>>
>>31754917
not this anon but you would be surprised how many people that were professional murderers and hit men are living peacefully in third world countries after violent conflict end or they just age out of fighting age, Colombia, SEA, and lots of places in Africa and the middle east.
>>
>>31741618
I think that would be leon the professional
>>
>>31740992
Non, you take as many grenades as possiable then when those are gone you jump in the trench with what ever melee weapon you can get.
>>
>>31742502
I think you could do "ok" with practice. You would be instinctually shooting, much like a bow. But the amount of time, effort, and money would be better spent on better equipment and getting good with one gun.
>>
>>31756155
>Snub nose with lead wad cutters
I think wadcutters would be a bad idea. How common are wadcutters in stores? I have never really looked for them, and can't think of anytime I have seen them. So basically you would be giving the oppsing force and another "finger print."
>>
>>31740870
A E S T H E T I C
>>
If you are ambidextrous you can use akimbo to quicken your attacks on multiple targets.

Instinctually aim your pistols, look at the first target and refine the aim, fire a burst of rounds, on the second and third trigger pull you should be looking at the next target and refining your aim for that second gun.

If you're good and lucky and have 2 double stacked pistols you have just chained up 10 guys and put 3 bullets each into them before you need to reload.
If you're not so good and not so lucky you winged the first guy with your first bullet, missed with the next 2 and now he is drawing on you while your focus is elsewhere.

Really only useful as a surprise.
Or if you are fucked anyway and want to go out like a boss
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.