[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many kills did your average soldier get in Afghanistan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: 1476760865160.jpg (934KB, 2100x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1476760865160.jpg
934KB, 2100x1395px
How many kills did your average soldier get in Afghanistan?
>>
>>31734161

>>
>>31734161
I got about 75. Confirmed around 60. I know some black ops guys who get like 200 a day.
>>
Your average soldier probably knows someone who killed someone.
>>
>>31734161

Much less than 1.

A-stan was a such a goddamn shitty war, I pity anyone that got stuck there for any length of time.
>>
Everyone in my platoon got at least 3 kills.
>>
Confirmed?

Maybe two or three per tour

Bear in mind that some tours were far fuckier than others, some men may have gotten 9 or even 10 confirmed kills, but chances are, you and your rifle could kill between 20 and 30 in a good tour.

Mortar crews and machine gunners probably kill far more though
>>
About 0.04 enemy killed for every American deployed at any point during the war.
>>
>>31734244
Fucking arty probably has the most
>>
My airforce buddy got 16 confirmed, two of them were teachers and the rest kids but oh well.
>>
File: laughingNCgirls.jpg (150KB, 900x804px) Image search: [Google]
laughingNCgirls.jpg
150KB, 900x804px
>>31734333
>kid I went to high school with joined the PA National Guard
>got at least 7 confirmed kills in an A10
>all marines
>>
File: 1464486606170.jpg (54KB, 400x688px) Image search: [Google]
1464486606170.jpg
54KB, 400x688px
>>31734288
>talking with arty bro
>he wants me to check out the M119
>go
>nigger has a slavaboo Kobra sight duct taped to it
>"Where the fuck did you get that?"
>"We get enough kills with this that we're starting to unlock the battlepacks for it"
>mfw still using stock M4A1
>>
>>31734200
what the fuck are you on genocide session

also [spoiler]praise the kek[/spoiler]
>>
>>31734161
that tactical protractor in the helmet band
>>
>>31734349
:(
>>
The majority didn't get one, not even one fucking guy. You're mostly shooting at shit that's outside the effective range of your carbine (maybe you hit someone though who knows) and the rest of the time you call in support while you all sit back waiting to see if they hit the right target. Most days though you don't even get to do shit, you just drive/walk around carrying heavy ass gear waiting for something to happen.
>>
My brother got one in three deployments. Shot him off a motorcycle.
>>
Did 2 tours and had 3 confirmed kills. 2 goats and a camel.
>>
>>31734161
>your average soldier
Far less than 1.
>>
They counted the 11 I got as a forward observer...the most any of our riflemen got was 3.
>>
>>31734217
And that someone knows someone who heard of someone kill someone
>>
as a f-22 pilot i shot down two Taliban Gripens. both the dudes ejected though and died, after landing in a camel stampede.
>>
my friend who was in Afghanistan (pic related)
said he lost count.
>>
>>31734363
that's it, I'm going 13B
>>
>>31739330
Well, how high can he count?
>>
>>31739593
High enough to make and upload this for some fuck all reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqWTUkTiPMs
>>
Only 25,500–40,500 were killed from 2001-2014 by all *good guy* forces combined so not much. There isn't that much to go around unless a few companies did practically all the killing.
>>
>>31734349
R.I.P
>>
>>31739656

"Average Soldier" is way too vague as well.

What country? Some countries were notorious for choosing quiet regions to deploy and gave their troops restrictive RoE. While on the other hand some were deployed more in dangerous regions and were more aggressive.

What combat role? Most military personnel were in non-combat positions. For example, a AH-64 weapons officer may have killed dozens, but all the many more people who support it (maintain the helicopter, are involved in logistics to supply the helicopter, use surveillence/SIGINT to direct the helicopter, the chain of command that commands the helicopter) may never have even seen a taliban fighter themselves.
>>
1.1 militians
20 civilians
>>
>>31734200
ok chris kyle
>>
File: 1474105786618.jpg (160KB, 760x430px) Image search: [Google]
1474105786618.jpg
160KB, 760x430px
>>31734200
>I know some black ops guys who get like 200 a day.
>>
>>31734161
does kills include green on blue?
wondering about the RAF
>>
>>31740343
>What country? Some countries were notorious for choosing quiet regions to deploy and gave their troops restrictive RoE. While on the other hand some were deployed more in dangerous regions and were more aggressive.
>This
Lithuanian SF have a crazy kill count.
>>
>>31741770
>Lithuanian SF have a crazy kill count.
Only because they don't give a fugg, but nothing endears you to the local populace like some trigger-happy faggots amirite? Purpose of such oh so "restrictive ROEs" is that theoretically you reduce untoward damage to the locals- hearts and minds wins insurgencies afterall, but some retarded NATO asslicker didn't get the memo- oh well not like they stay for more than 1 tour so who cares.
>>
No one on my tour got any, we were in bastion and Kandahar in the drawdown in late 2014 and were told to expect a big show from the Taliban as we pulled out, but they did Jack shit. Not even any IDF
>>
File: Spider-Man..jpg (33KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man..jpg
33KB, 560x315px
>>31734288
I'll never forget what my gunny said in AIT
>"I have 126 confirmed kills."
>He grins and holds up two fingers
>"Two with my rifle.
>hfw
>>
>>31734161

not enough
>>
I killed two men in Iraq.

We killed a lot more. Does that excite you? I've seen men tortured. Just like call of duty, right dudes?
>>
File: warrior.jpg (871KB, 2000x1337px) Image search: [Google]
warrior.jpg
871KB, 2000x1337px
>>31734161
Well, for the Americans, they probably got a few of their allies, not so many of the enemy though.
>>
>>31734349
Thanks for your service
>>
>>31739330
Kinda looks like me
>>
>>31734161

Most kills were from artillery, armored vehicles, air support.

It's my understanding that for Canadians in Helmand, it was LAV gunners doing the vast majority of the killing.
>>
>>31744471
Butt hurt detected.

>Id seen berry gud men buy in dat der uni-form ::::DD
>>
Ran over a squirrel once, pulled over and cried for 20 minutes
>>
>>31744713
I deliver pizzas. I made it a policy, after almost wrecking my car over a rabbit, that I never quick stop or swerve.

I keep track because I feel bad.

2 cats (1 had a collar)
15 rabbits
7 squirrels
1 crow (flew head first into my windshield while driving)
>>
Never got a confirmed kill but I hit one with an RG33.

Thats at least like 10 points.
>>
about 3.50
>>
>>31734161
>your average soldier
Well, soviet soldier kill at least 1 dushman
>>
>>31744555
Lame.... just lame.. bait better boy.
>>
>>31734238
I had a blast. Rode in a helicopter, went on long walks with my buddies, and shot two talibs. 5/7 would do again.
>>
>>31734161
Median is probably 0
>>
>>31734161
most soldiers deployed there never even fired a shot in combat.
>>
>>31745029
Not 7/11?
>>
There are several soldiers in logistics for every one combat infantryman. "Average soldier" is not the right term. Average infantryman would be more apt. I knew a dude from my high school who was deployed in Afghanistan in 2013 and he said he'd gotten a few kills in about a month in a half, but I didn't get an exact figure.
>>
>>31741770
>>31741944
Good hearts and minds are for faggots. How many wars do we have to have before the meme ends? Lithuanians sound based desu.
>>
File: Back deck A6.jpg (929KB, 1685x1264px) Image search: [Google]
Back deck A6.jpg
929KB, 1685x1264px
Even if you limit the count to soldiers that were deployed forward and left their base the numbers are so random as to be pointless.

As a tank gunner I personally shot no one. However my troop B gunner put a canister round into a group of maybe 20 guys.
>>
>>31734238
It wasn't so bad. Boring maybe, but not that bad.

It was hot and dusty so that was annoying.
>>
>>31734161
My friend was a Nasty Girl and he got one

Himself
>>
>>31734363
Lol'd
>>
>>31744540
This is why you should commit crimes near military bases.

>Suspect description
>20-something year old white male between 5'9"-6'1"
>Athletic build, short hair, wearing running shoes.
>>
>>31745120
I'd say 9/11
>>
>>31734349
I bet he really was NC then, keep the noobs away from the damned libs.
>>
>>31744768
Road kill? Holy fuck anon.
>>
>>31739593
To one if he's infantry.
>>
>>31744754
Any deer? Lmao.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 640x662px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 640x662px
I got one. We had just crossed around one of the billion poppy fields when we took contact from the West and staggered against a berm/half wall.

There were probably 4-5 ragheads taking pot shots at us from a small hut and shed about 200 meters over the wall. Most of the shots were WAY low or way high. I'm sure they did hit the wall but I don't remember seeing anything or any damage afterwards.

It was only my fourth time to have bullets cracking overhead but I still remember everyone laughing and resuming conversation about John Deere tractors and who had the shittiest/oldest hunk of junk that still ran. Which put me at ease. We fired back.

I was at the Southern end of the wall, returning fire and I'll be honest. I couldn't see shit. Just their heads popping out every now and then and an AK popping up over a window/around a wall/etc. Unbelievably stereotypical.

I got off one mag and came back to reload/take a drink of water someone threw near us while we radio'd in air support. After....it was only 3 minutes, I poked out around my corner and saw two guys crawling up to us, about 150 meters away. I yelled at everyone and we shot at them.

The guy on the left stood up and I was already anticipating the shot. I fired three rounds and two hit. He was alive for around 2 minutes but I felt like forever. Later when we examined what happened, one hit him in the upper gut (probably the diaphragm) and another in the calf.

I got congratulated and everything was confirmed.

Anyways, by the time air support came in they had packed up and ran off, leaving us one dead and one wounded who we sent off in the helicopter. He was shaken up and scared shitless of us but complied.

That's my story. I never tell anyone. I don't "see his face" in my dreams. I remember he was wearing a dirty black shirt, had a beard and looked mid-30's. He only had a shitty handgun, not sure what it was.

It's never anything that's kept me up at night either. I don't think it changed me, really.
>>
>>31734161
Know some marine who got over 15 in Afghanistan
>>
>>31745673

I think that's probably what messed with me for a day or two after it happened.

>"I feel...the exact same? Am I a psychopath or something?"

And I argued with myself over it. But then I justified I wasn't with,

"Well, you've loved women before. You love your family back home. I love the guys who have my back. I feel bad for the guy I shot, I wish it were quicker. But I've thought the same about deer I've killed. I do feel things. I'm fine."

And never really thought about it afterwards. It's something I never really think about. Maybe three times a year.
>>
>>31744754
Do you deliver near some small animal breeding ground? I've been delivering for like 2 years and have maybe one suspected rabbit hit
>>
>>31745673
Do you think your training influenced that?
>>
>>31739593
20, if he takes his shoes off to count
>>
>>31745652
Beta male humor
>>
>>31734161
Most people got 0 kills.
Some people got a few dozens
Artillery and airstrike got most of the kills, though.
>>
>>31745761

Not really, it made me a better shot, definitely. I grew up around guns my whole life (Texas here). I was taught to shoot. But never taught with technique of that makes sense.

I think it was hunting while growing up.

I remember feeling guilty as fuck after shooting my first bird when I was probably 11 or 12. Lasted for like a week. My first deer was the same but maybe for a day and then I had my first deer steaks. God damn, so good.

Then I got to a point of hunting and sure -- caring about putting them down fast. But I knew that this was one of the oldest practices in existence (besides pissing and shitting, hahah) and we never wasted anything. Even the bones went into compost for our garden or to the dog.

Anyways, if anything had influence -- it was probably that. Which sounds fucked up that I saw another human being as an animal. I didn't. But I comparmentalized it all the same. That this was the order of things. And he made the choice to engage us.
>>
>>31734161
Modern combat dictates that your "average solider" isn't killing the enemy as much as suppressing him, flushing him out of his positions and securing strategic locations with the support of air support, artillery and heavy weapons/snipers which I'd imagine got the better portion of the "kills" in Afghanistan
>>
>>31745708
The idea that killing a man is supposed to torture you mentally for eternity is a relatively new invention.

Back in Teddy Roosevelts day it was like taking a hunting trophy or your first lay. Yeah it feels weird and maybe some remorse or awkwardness but there was no expectation of a life shattering event.
>>
>>31745846
Him trying to close with you probably helped. It's personal then.The cheeky fucker.

Plus you got his buddy to hospital, that's worth a nod from the afterlife.
>>
>>31745846
Yeah, well you also weren't exceptionally cruel or did anything fucked up, you just shot him twice...
>>
>>31745985

Yeah, I think the same. I understand how having a CQC encounter or watching your buddy die can fuck you up. But the actually shooting wasn't that bad.

>>31746012

That's true too. We were just trying to keep them away so air support could come in and take care of it. Even when we were shooting the two crawling, it was a LOT of just suppressing. There were a few guys who REALLY wanted that kill and were truly trying. But for most of the others it was just suppression.
>>
>>31745784
twenty one if he takes his pants off
>>
>>31745786
assmad grunt detected, why don't you live a little instead of being TRIGGERED?
>>
>>31746350
thats the same way I got fired from teaching at an elementary school
>>
>>31745652
Infantry here, still fucking lol'd
>>
>>31744754
good 4U. I've have a little saying
if it's bigger than the bumper brake; 10 and 2 drive on through.

Unique kills - 1 pheasant, 1 possum, numerous doves (poof and a feather dusting)
>>
>>31739593
Green.
>>
>>31744754
Wtf? Do you deliver in a free range petting zoo? I have been delivering in a sorta country area and have only killed one possum and a raccoon.
>>
>>31734161
less than one. Real life isn't callallahdootie
>>
>>31734161
We killed around 40,000 people in Afghanistan, and there's almost a million people who can call themselves a Afghan war vet.

So the average is dick all.
>>
>>31739473
Go 13F you get to see it
>>
I know some guy around here that got over 300 confirmed kills.
>>
>>31734161

I shot a bird out of the air with a paintball marker before.

>finished game of paintball
>one ball left in hopper
>decide to shoot it randomly
>see a dragonfly buzzing around above me
>aim, shoot
>hit the dragonfly, fuck yeah
>see a poof of feathers a bit higher in the sky
>bird falls to the ground with a big *fwump*

Managed to hit a Magpie that I wasn't even aiming it.

They made me kill it with a knife and bury it. Was my first time actually killing an animal.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.