[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any kind of folding knife that is gold standard for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: reeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (13KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
13KB, 500x375px
is there any kind of folding knife that is gold standard for self defense and just to keep in your backpack. help would be excellent as i've got no idea where to start. i'm guessing i need folding because it's easier to conceal. but i'm not sure about brands etc. in return if you have any med questions, ask away, med fag here.
>>
>and just to keep in your backpack

If you consider a folder here, then you shouldn't be left alone with sharp objects.
>>
>>31729190
>folding knife
>self-defense

slash your wrists with it, autist.
>>
>>31729190
Spyderco waved Civilian.

Done.
>>
File: 20160706_184419.jpg (407KB, 746x510px) Image search: [Google]
20160706_184419.jpg
407KB, 746x510px
>>31729190
Look no further, friend.
>>
>>31729190
>folding knife that is gold standard for self defense
Probably Emerson CQC 7 or any of his other knives. Emerson ergonomics are designed for fighting first and foremost. Add to that he invented the wave feature and you've got as close to the gold standard as you can get.
consider Kershaw brand collabs if you're a poorfag.
>>
File: 241nbd1s700.jpg (68KB, 648x486px) Image search: [Google]
241nbd1s700.jpg
68KB, 648x486px
If you want something for pocket carry, get a folder.
Since just for self defense medium grade metal would be alright
Ctsbd1
Aus8
Even 8cr13mov
If you're getting it for your pack, get a fixed blade.
Basically 1095 or aus8 seal pup
>brands
Don't get a crkt, gerber, or anything else chink. Jap is alright, usa is best.
You could get a mikov for around $100
I really haven't had any problem with mine, and you can get them in damascus if you're really looking to impress.
>>
"defense" and "backpack" is a stupid combination
might as well just have a fixed blade in its sheath rigged up in your backpack so you can just reach in and pull

a folding knife belongs clipped to your pocket

>>31729348
for $20 the kershaw emersons are a steal, especially if its main goal is to stab someone. don't need expensive steel for that. even for utility purposes they take a very sharp edge and sharpen quickly even if they do happen to dull faster
>>
>>31729190

>knife
>for self defense
>keep in your backpack

A knife is a terrible self defense weapon to start with. Keeping it in your backpack means you might as well not even bother. It'll be handy for cutting apples, though.
>>
>>31729190
>knife made of legos.
YOU MAD MAN!!! THAT'S TOO CRUEL!
>>
>>31729190
Kershaw emersons are a good budget option
>>
File: 01bo054.jpg (86KB, 2000x1489px) Image search: [Google]
01bo054.jpg
86KB, 2000x1489px
>>31729190
böker rbb automatic.
it was designed as a easy to conceal self defense folder.

however i would suggest a small fixed blade knife, optimised for penetration as a defense tool.

i carry a eickhorn SEK tip up under my shoulder, just in case. because i am not allowed to carry a firearm most of the time
>>
>>31729743
Boker is pretty expensive for just a self defense knife. Also that much serration looks cringy
>>
>>31729190
>knife
>self-defense

Knives are terrible for self-defense applications. They have no reach, limited ability to incapacitate quickly, limited ability to incapacitate with non-lethal force, and are difficult to learn to use.

A tazer or collapsible baton would both be miles better choices than a knife for any sort of self defense use.

Don't let the impotent Jamal stabbing fantasies of a bunch of pocket jewelry collectors fool you into thinking otherwise.
>>
>>31730530

>baton

I wish there wasn't a need for a concealed carry license for those things, they're so cool.
>>
>>31729190
>>31730530
This.

Knives are the worst possible self-defense weapon.
>>
>>31729190
>just to keep in your backpack

If you can't get to it when you need it, it's useless.
>>
>>31729190
>knife
>self defense

Boy you fucked up in a half dozen different ways already

>folding knife
>for anything other than small tasks like opening packages or shit that doesn't make sense to carry a fucking bowie knife for

son stop
>>
>>31729254
what the fuck is with this sebenza meme? the blade doesn't even look sharp enough to shave with let alone kill a person. give me one good reason i should use this over a gerber knife.
>>
>>31729354
Uhhh wyd. CRKT makes great knives for the money. I own several and they all stand up to tons of abuse
>>
>>31729190
CRKT Hissatsu folder
>>
>knife that is gold standard for self defense
None. Knives are only for self defense when everything except your little dongle is gone. Even worse yet, if it's in your bag you can't even use it when you need to.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.