[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transporting non CA legal guns through California

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160221_145709792.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160221_145709792.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
I'm getting out of the military and need to send my shit home for a bit before I can move it out of state. My question is, is it legal to transport non Cali legal funs through Cali to Oregon? Or will I be a winner of a waterboarding vacation at Guantanamo bay as soon as I land?
>>
>>31728926
Make them featureless and you might be ok.
>>
>>31728928
Knights armament is banned by name along with my RPK and golani
>>
>>31728935
there is a federal safe passage law, if your starting and ending destinations have the guns you own as being legal, you can transport them through less friendly states without issue
>>
>>31728964
This.

Though, I think they can only be transported in a compartment separate from the cab, unloaded, magazines unloaded for the federal peaceable journey law to apply.
>>
>>31728964
My situation is shipped to CA from Hawaii and driven to Oregon, does that sound like it would be covered by safe passage?
>>
>>31728970
Agreed
>>
>>31728977
Should be.

Just to be safe, keep it in a locked container separate from any ammo.
>>
>>31728926
What's the gun OP?
>>
>>31728999
It's a Mossberg 500 in a bullpup stock with a 50rd galil mag I stuck in it for the lulz
>>
>>31729001
Ah I was confused by the mag lol, I thought it was a shotgun though.
>>
>>31728926
Just pack em up and don't tell anyone. Don't get pulled over either. Not like anyone will know.
>>
>>31729001
Mossberg 500 one hell of an rifle
>>
Yes, you're fine.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act
>>
>>31729882
One of the law's provisions was that persons traveling from one place to another cannot be incarcerated for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas), provided that the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, that the firearms are unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment, the firearms are located in a locked container
>>
>>31728926
Find a reputable, honest, out of state gunsmith, preferably where you are moving to. Call him, let him know whats up and that you would like to pay him to "maintain" your guns for an indefinite amount of time or however long it takes for you to relocate. Agree on a reoccurring fee, and go with that.

You are in the military, soon to be were. You know the rules. Its on and off, not "sort of" we don't make our own rules, we don't interpret the rules.

Now is not the time to get lax and make your first steps back into civilian shoes a bumble fuck because you wanted to try and do things "easy". Easy is a trap. It always will be.

Good luck with the move.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.