[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you spiritually fit /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: marines-prayer-1500-ts600.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
marines-prayer-1500-ts600.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
The Marine Corps is quietly rolling out a new initiative aimed at building Marines who are fit spiritually as well as physically. In coming months, discussions about spiritual fitness and making moral choices will be part of the curriculum at the Corps' Officer Candidates School in Quantico, Virginia, and at corporals' and sergeants' courses around the service, Rear Adm. Brent Scott, chaplain of the Marine Corps, told Military.com in an interview.

>"We're now at the tail end of what was a long war in Iraq and Afghanistan. We found that much of the resilience we saw was not necessarily attributed to something that somebody could do in the gym," he said. "A lot had to do with the heart and soul of the individual." Spiritual does not necessarily mean religious, Scott clarified. He breaks spiritual fitness into three parts: personal faith, personal values, and moral living and decision-making.

>"A moral compass doesn't just come from a faith foundation; it's not enough to make a decision based on what is legally right or wrong," Scott said. "Chaplains will help Marines discover that compass for themselves -- that center of gravity that comes from their own upbringing, personal experiences, and religious teaching." As a first line of effort, Scott said, his office is creating discussion guides around a book on the commandant's professional reading list: "What It Is Like to Go to War," by Navy Cross recipient Karl Marlantes, a Marine veteran of the Vietnam War.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/10/18/corps-to-add-spiritual-fitness-to-professional-education.html
>>
Im so glad i got out. Those fucking sheep.
>>
File: 1446800526412.jpg (144KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446800526412.jpg
144KB, 600x800px
>>31726143
>not being an Airborne Combat Chaplain
>>
>>31726143
Really isn't anything new. It's basically a bullshit "holistic" phrase for "are you of sound mind and have a way to cope"
>>
>>31726143

What if you're an atheist? I mean, not Madeline Murray O'hair, but just have no use for or interest in religion at all?
>>
File: 1446800501349.jpg (168KB, 631x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446800501349.jpg
168KB, 631x800px
>>31726165
>>
>>31726143
I hated being at a ceremony preformed by a Chaplain, not because of anything he did but because such events were where edgy atheists would brag and remind everyone in the company how much smarter they are for being atheists and often act obnoxious.
>>
File: 1446800664340.jpg (129KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446800664340.jpg
129KB, 800x600px
>>31726179
>>
>>31726165
>>31726179
They look like faggot Italian wops.
>>
File: 1446800815083.jpg (130KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446800815083.jpg
130KB, 600x800px
>>31726179
'Cept they're Russian
>>
>>31726178
You shut the fuck up and put up with it like another mandatory training such as SARC or Equal Opportunity.
>>
>>31726178
>Spiritual does not necessarily mean religious, Scott clarified
A namefag who can't read, color me shocked.
>>
Wow gg faggot jesus dick sucking Americans
>>
File: 1476532595977.jpg (295KB, 1647x777px) Image search: [Google]
1476532595977.jpg
295KB, 1647x777px
>>31726249
If only we were sucking Allah dick like you huh?
>>
File: the corpse couple.jpg (456KB, 1521x1374px) Image search: [Google]
the corpse couple.jpg
456KB, 1521x1374px
>Implying anyone pays attention during these mandatory briefs
>Implying this isn't just to make your base chaplain feel like he's doing something valuable

Implications. Let the old fart chaplain say his stuff, smile nod, move on with your life
>>
File: annoyed-Patrick-Bateman.jpg (19KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed-Patrick-Bateman.jpg
19KB, 300x216px
>>31726178
>as an athiest
Literally, shut the fuck up.
As an athiest to another athiest, shut the fuck up and untip that fedora/trilby you shouldn't even own.

The most successful athiest is the stealth athiest. Religions are the best networking tools available.

>But I want to show the real me

Literally only women say this. No one cares about the "real you".
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 960x720px
For all of the literal retards, here is a nice little picture summing it up.
For people who are brain dead and drooling spirituality is a new age hippy bullshit word for dealing with life.
>>
>>31726180

I hate being lumped in with those guys. I've never once thought less of anyone for being religious. I only get annoyed when somebody tries forcing their religion on me. And even then I usually just ignore it.

That's why I can't read Dawkins. The guy literally does nothing but rant against creationists.

>>31726232

Get fucked. I have another thread where I'm OP. I'm not turning that shit on and off to satisfy your autism.
>>
>>31726143
I got kicked out of the army for loli and jailbait, so no.
>>
>>31726303
Not my fault you're so fucking stupid that you can't even separate the concept of spirituality from religion.
>>
>>31726297

Religion is dying. I'm not celebrating get that in any way, but it's true. It's why the Catholic Church gets priests and nuns from tropical shitholes like the Philippines. People in developed areas veer away from religion because they have better things to do and the spiritual is not compatible with a scientifically advanced culture.

Also, I don't hate religion. Or the religious for that matter. I was raised hardcore Catholic. My wife's family are all Southern Baptists. I would never insult anybody for their spirituality. I just have no need for it and would rather not be bothered with it.
>>
>>31726336

Spiritual: relating to or effecting the human spirit or soul.
>>
>>31726414
>Let me ignore the context in which the person being interviewed is using the word
>Words also can't have more than one meaning or connotation in different situations
Do you find it difficult to breath?
>>
>>31726470

I probably find it less difficult to breathe than you find it to spell.
>>
I'm a Catholic, we get priests when needed in our army, and there's plenty of Catholics around especially among officers and NCOs. Can't really complain.
>>
I'm a druid, as has my family going back thousands of years.

People shit on me all the time, yet Christianity is no more strange than the multitude of religions that have existed on this planet for ages.
>>
>>31726514
>*sniff* ya well you missed an "e" while typing
So you're still retarded and can't understand context?
>>
>>31726143
How the fuck does anyone get away with being parented so badly?

Oh wait, they voted Obama in 08 and 12

Trump 2016 and 2020 to fix parenting
>>
>>31726601
I'm sure your family goes back a gorillian years in their Druid faith <@;^)
>>
>>31726613

Sure, I get that he said it doesn't necessarily mean religion. I also get that he went right into talking about "personal faith".
>>
>>31726601
>I'm a druid, as has my family going back thousands of years.

Do you wage warfare with the summoning of magic beasts within enemy lines ?
>>
>>31726637
No, only a couple thousand. Still a long fucking time, but considering that some kikes have familial lineages going back nearly to the Bronze Age... it's not too far-fetched.

>>31726657
Kek, I wish.
>>
File: 1474867384934.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1474867384934.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>>31726143
I'm not vehemently against religion. There may very well be some next level higher power out there doing whatever it is it does. But. Religion as it is today is nothing but an excuse to chuck rocks at people that don't believe the same shit as you, and this is how it has been since its conception. The idea of religion as created by man is inherently a tool used to sow hatred and discontent, and no religion is an exception. The barbaric groups of the follow religions in which killing their enemies (those that do not believe what they do) is the one true way to live their lives and obtain eternal happiness. Meanwhile, the more developed and intellectually cunning groups use religion as either a means to create scapegoats for alterior motives, or to simply make themselves feel superior to others that do not follow their same beliefs, insisting that their morality is the one true way to live life.

It's all a fucking shit show. Organized religion is a joke. By all means, believe in something. It's healthy to. But do not get caught up in the stupidly that has plagued our world for thousands of years. It is completely illogical in every possible way. "My imaginary dad can beat up your imaginary dad". It's idiotic. Believe in something worthwhile, not in a dick waving contest.
>>
>>31726747

This. I'm a Germanic heathen, but outside of my girlfriend and a couple other people whom I actually practice with, no one knows. I look like an average guy and never talk about my beliefs at all, because they shouldn't matter to other people.

Just keep your beliefs to yourself and the world becomes a better place.
>>
Seems like instilling moral values in soldiers and future civilians would be a good thing. Seems like a positive, it sounds good to me

no I'm not religious
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.