[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Lethal Cripple Weapon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 10

File: city + farm.jpg (552KB, 1834x1440px) Image search: [Google]
city + farm.jpg
552KB, 1834x1440px
Hey guys, I don't normally post on /k/, so sorry if I sound like a moron.

Anyway, I'm looking into getting a self-defense weapon since my neighborhood is looking slightly dicier every day and I don't really want to move out because I'm poor enough that I could only really move somewhere just as crappy anyway.

Thing is, I don't really want something lethal because if someone attacked me I'd really rather not kill him because
1. I'm a huge pussy and would regret it the rest of my life and...
2. I'm not up on self-defense laws in my nation/state/city/anything really and I'm more likely to not get thrown in jail for manslaughter or whatever if I didn't actually kill whoever was attacking me.

What I would like, however, is maybe a weapon good for breaking potential assailant's legs? That way they can't run away so they're still here when the cops come to arrest them. Is there a good weapon for non-lethal leg breaking that' easy to use? What are the best weapons for non-lethal self defense?

Thanks.
>>
The best weapon is being involved in your community and understanding the tensions that allow issues like this to exist.
>>
>>31725425

this.

Trust me anon, you don't want to find yourself in a situation where you have to use force.
>>
>>31725414

what state do you live in? often times non-lethal self defense tools are under regulation just as tight or more so than firearms and carrying a taser/pepper spray may be illegal
>>
File: 1439007585699.jpg (45KB, 455x476px) Image search: [Google]
1439007585699.jpg
45KB, 455x476px
>>31725414
>live in shitty shanty by the hillside
>well atleast its dark and quiet
>city builds monorail right next to house
>light and noise all the fucking time
>mfw
>>
>>31725425
Yeah, but that's not something that I can use when I'm in the parking lot coming home form work at night and that shady guy in the hoody is eyeballing me as I reach for my keys every time.
>>
>>31725443
Ohio.
>>
In b4 op does bodily harm to a perp and they sue him.

Dead men tell no tales
>>
>>31725479

You're probably worried for no reason anon. Is this man of a different color than yourself?
>>
>>31725498

pretty good state to be in as far as self defense laws go, at least at a cursory glance.

my advice is this:

1. get over yourself and get a CCW. Most people who have killed in justified self defense really don't give a shit about if after the fact and a CCW will always protect you infinitely better than a taser or pepper spray. It is also worth mentioning most shitheads run away if there's a gun pointed at them so the chances of actually having to use one past drawing it is quite low

2. failing 1, get a can of mace and/or a collapsible baton
>>
>>31725519
Yeah. He's black ad he's fucking crazy. He fakes being wounded on the street and when people go and try to help him he jumps up and tries to start fights with them. His handlers can't keep him under control half the time and he tried to rape one of my neighbors, but the cops don't do shit about it. Also he loiters around gas stations and Burger King trying to get into arguments with people and waves his fists around trying to start fights. I try to avoid him when I can but I think he wants my blood.

I tried talking to his handlers but they can't really keep him under control.
>>
>>31725575
>>31725574

ok if this is the case then definitely get a CCW, otherwise you're putting yourself in serious risk.
>>
File: shhhh... i'm hunting rattlers.jpg (67KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
shhhh... i'm hunting rattlers.jpg
67KB, 480x640px
>>31725414
Taser (unless law forbade it), pepper spray, bear spray (not as potent but goes the fuck everywhere), wasp spray, wooden handle, baseball bat, baton, pipe wrench (a bit slow on the swing), stink bomb (don't use this inside your home unless absolutely necessary, strobe light ,high velocity airsoft guns, paintball guns.

All I got off the top of my head.
>>
>>31725574

do not fall for this meme

OP, do not consider ending another person's life out of fear. There are many, many other ways to deal with issues like this. Be a man and not a cowardly shill who will end up in jail.
>>
>>31725591
Thanks, I guess. Maybe I could practice shooting and get really good at aiming for legs or something? Would that even work?

I've honestly never used a gun before, is there a certain type that's less powerful and less lethal? Also, I'm really poor, do guns usually cost a lot? I can't really afford one more than 400$.
>>
>>31725662

All of these are great suggestions
>>
>>31725664
Yeah, I'd really rather not use a gun. I like the collapsible baton idea, really. But I'm open to other ideas.
>>
>>31725507
Came here to post this

>>31725414
>>31725668
Listen here OP;

Gun rights are being eroded and cases where negligent use of a firearm result in the injury or death of people don't help.

You should never even touch your holstered weapon unless you believe your life is or is about to become endangered.

If you are forced to draw your weapon, it will not be for intimidation, it will be to shoot.

If you have to shoot, you will not shoot to incapacitate, you will shoot to kill.

Feel guilty for taking a life? Don't. Barring natural selection/RULESOFNATURE, your attacker was a list of things including a criminal, druggie, idiot, whose poor life choices led to their death, they will not be missed. It was either them or you, choice is obvious there.
>>
>>31725689

No hand weapon will allow you to overpower an attacker if you aren't well trained with said weapon and situationally prepared. You want pepper spray, maybe a taser. Really, it doesn't have to be that hard, do not put yourself in baton range.
>>
>>31725703
>>31725703
Okay, shit like this is why I DON'T want a gun. Even though the guy I think wants to attack me is a crazy asshole I don't want to kill him. Like I said, I'd feel awful about even that. I don't give a shit about laws of nature; nature is evil and says that whoever eats fucks rapes and steals the most gets to pass on their genes and be successful. Fuck nature, humans can be better than nature. If we lived according to laws of nature we would all be rapists and shoplift from grocery stores all day.

That's why collapsible baton sounds like a better idea. Just, god, I get so pissed when people try to use Laws of Nature to justify doing shit like killing that I'd feel awful about. Honestly, I'd even feel bad about doing a mercy killing where the guy is in constant pain and begging me to kill him. I just want to stay out of that whole situation all together.
>>
>>31725852

This is really why no one should be allowed to carry. There is never a reason someone should have to die when pepper spray is proven more effective than attempted deadly force.

What you are looking to do is disable your attacker and get the police on the scene. They can handle it, that's what they're there for.
>>
>>31725852
>I'd just want to stay out of that situation altogether

Hope crazy-brains feels the same way and doesn't rape you to death after being enraged by your feeble swings of a plastic baton at his shins.
>>
>>31725414
Humans have evolved to be very persistent and tough. Unfortunately, this means any tool that can reliably stop an attacker also has a reasonable chance of killing them.
If you can't bring yourself to use a gun and put them down, get yourself a decent hickory axe handle and reconcile yourself with probably dying should you have to use it against a motivated assailant.
>>
>>31725852
You're close. Don't try to use a baton, you will not will. Don't do the alt-right boogie of shooting up everyone you see, you can stop your attacker at range and have authorities come in and take him away. Filling out a police report is a lot better than getting sentenced. Be safe anon.
>>
>>31725852
If you're too scared to kill someone and too poor to move then your fucked.

You're a cripple. You're not running away from anyone so you're a prime target for anyone who has enough strength to knock you down.

Instead of using the greatest equalizer man has available to let a 70 year old man have an equal chance to a 6'4 23 year old violent felon you're going for a collapsible baton, pepper spray, or a taser.

All of which are not 100% effective barring the baton that requires the training and willingness to use it appropriately.

Meanwhile a firearm will make the biggest brute rethink if he wants to fuck you up, because getting shot hurts and will kill you. You're more intimidating with a firearm then as a spaghetti legged cripple holding a baton, taser, or pepper spray.

You can be freaked out and scared of "taking a life" even if it means you possibly living and not in a crumpled heap on the ground bleeding out from 8 stab wounds to your abdomen or unconscious while your brain swells and hemorrhages.
>>
>>31725852
Nature isn't evil, it's not whoever eats, fucks, rapes, and steals the most ending up on top; nature is a thing of survival and humans also like order/society. In a modern setting, that adds up: people get jobs, work, and have kids to survive and in the event someone tries to take that away from you, you better be ready keep living.
By simply going to work, you are following laws of nature and the person who plans to harm you, is barely scraping by and sees you as an opportunity, you have to prove him wrong and stand on top.
>>
>>31725970

Do not carry a firearm for intimidation. Just don't.
>>
>>31725852
You don't get to make that choice when a pcp-fueled crazy is out to get you, all that "humans are better than this" goes out the window, a person charging at you with the intent to kill takes you off that level and onto theirs.

As cool as they are, collapsible batons are illegal for civilian use in most states and even if you use them properly where they are legal can result in legal persecution

Any forcible eye irritant like mace/pepper spray may not always work, especially if your attacker's on drugs, you can also be legally persecuted

If the perp is dead though, they can't very well press charges. If you want a grey area here you're not going to get it.

Your choices either A. Carry a firearm and shoot dead anyone who clearly threatens your life, or B. minorly injure your attacker with non lethal means and get fucked in the ass legally or failing that, by your attacker.
>>31725970
This as well, think hard about the alternative.
>>
>>31725852
Look senpai, this should be an easy choice to make.

>>31725987
he already said he doesn't want a gun.
he is very likely to hurt himself or others

killing can literally make you go insane
>>
>>31726034
>he already said he doesn't want a gun
Then he's asking to get his shit pushed in
>he is very likely to hurt himself or others
Tell me about it
>killing can literally make you go insane
Only if you're a sheltered pussyfoot who can't control your emotions
>>
>>31725414
>hing is, I don't really want something lethal because if someone attacked me I'd really rather not kill him because
>1. I'm a huge pussy and would regret it the rest of my life and...
>2. I'm not up on self-defense laws in my nation/state/city/anything really and I'm more likely to not get thrown in jail for manslaughter or whatever if I didn't actually kill whoever was attacking me.
>
>What I would like, however, is maybe a weapon good for breaking potential assailant's legs? That way they can't run away so they're still here when the cops come to arrest them. Is there a good weapon for non-lethal leg breaking that' easy to use? What are the best weapons for non-lethal self defense?

I guess you really don't know. There's a reason why when you get into a defensive situation and have to draw and shoot your gun, they advise you not to aim for the leg or anything. In a situation like that, if you attempt to disable your assailant by maiming or injuring them, it's very damn likely that you're going to be hammered by the prosecutor and told that if you had time to maim/injure him, you had time to run and call the police. Also, his family WILL sue you if your state doesn't have civil immunity for self defense cases. Just buy a gun. If someone really wants to do you harm and they have one and all you have is a club or knife, you might end up in a box in the ground and it'll be a fat lot of fucking good your sympathy for your poor attacker did you.
>>
>>31726034
Well he should prepare his anus for blunt force trauma.

My life and my family comes before any scumbag piece of shit that decided that my or my family's well being was worth a fistful of dollars.

I'd choose lethal force when applicable to protect myself and my family every single time and sleep that night like a baby.

Meanwhile I feel guilty sometimes taking the life of pest animals on my property.
>>
>>31726034
Sure it can screw with you, if you think about it the wrong way.
If a guy breaks into my house or tries to stab me for my wallet and I kill him, in no way am I breaking any moral code. Even religiously, most religions allow killing in this regard.
>>
Buy some mace and do a lot of cardio so you can run away.
>>
>>31726084

"if I don't have muh guns then any and every scary black person out there is going to beat me up!"

Look, there are women getting a lot closer to black males without protection, so man up and stop using pussyfoot in a sentence.
>>
>>31726127
The dudes a cripple. He's not making any quick getaways. Any option he has that doesn't immediately stop the attacker while he rolls away or limps away depending on how crippled he is.

He's fucked if it's a home invasion either way.
>>
>>31725414
any weapon capable of "breaking someones legs" has a real potential to be lethal while having the downside of probably requiring some actual training to be able to use it properly.

melee or hand to hand combat really isnt something you want to get into with a stranger as you don't know their skill level.

Further, without propper training you're actually MORE likely to use more force than required and end up in a jackpot.
basically what >>31725507 this anon is alluding to.

Also, holding somebody could very well end up getting you charged with kidnapping or false arrest if you aren't very familiar with your laws, and it doesnt seem that you are.

I would suggest OC spray and/or an actual Taser (not stun gun) but only if an actual firearm isnt an option where you're at and only as an absolute last resort.

>>31725668
Do you know why they dont train cops to aim for limbs?

1) Its not going to stop the threat.

Bullets arent magic and to be useful they have to hit a person in an area thats going to cause quick and massive blood loss or neurological death.

2) Its a small target that's probably going to be moving and you arent, and will never be Chuck Norris.

3) You're not going to be able to aim properly in the heat of the moment, with your heart racing and adrenaline dumping.

The only way to overcome that is constant stressor training or actually going out and getting into those situations on a regular basis, which basically means you have to go be a cop. A cop in a bad neighborhood actually, and even then you'd have to be very aggressive.

tl;dr go buy a gun, learn how and when to use it and stop making assumptions.
>>
>>31726162
>>31725970

All of these people thinking OP is a cripple READ THE POST
>>
>>31726130
Look at black on white rape percentages. Maybe women should start carrying firearms.
>>
>>31725883
Try disabling a tweaker with mace. Or any kind of determined attacker. It's not 100%, neither is a firearm but it is a lot better, trust me. That being said I believe that if I'm at a respectable distance drawing a firearm and keeping it at a low ready is perfectly acceptable. Bad guys like victims, not adults who take responsibility for their safety. The police aren't there, you have to stand for yourself because they're a mile away and don't even have the call yet. Above all of that it's all of our right to carry, I bet you also believe in first ammendment busting "trigger word" policies at public colleges. If that's not bait you're a pussy who should crawl back into his safe space.
>>
>>31725668
Wounding someone will only legally get you in more trouble. If you have to pull a gun, you have to shoot to kill. That's why a gun should be a last resort.
At least that's how I look at it
>>
>>31726212
>"Maybe"

Nah, definetly
>>
File: 1475741565410.gif (929KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475741565410.gif
929KB, 200x200px
I don't like this thread. I really don't like this thread.
>>
>>31726212

hi /pol/

>>31726084
>>31726216

so I guess giving any advice other than "durr hurr open season on black people!" on /k/ makes me a weak individual? What do you think puts gun enthusiasts in such bad light? Gee, I wonder if it's the fact that unarmed kids get shot by trigger-happy "operators."

Grow up and get some perspective.

OP, mace is incredibly effective at disabling even motivated attackers and has considerable range. You can carry it most places, and it won't get you on the news if you use it to defend yourself.

Because that is the whole point, defending yourself. Not trophy hunting.
>>
>>31726162
He's asking for a weapon to cripple someone with, no saying he is a cripple.
>>
>>31726298
No, I'm not saying that you have to shoot niggers. I didn't even say that would. What I did say was that you need to take responsibility for your own safety, not talk a bunch of shit you don't know about self defense and disregard personal liberties under the false belief that the government will keep you safe. For fucks sake, do you know how many people who call 911 are put on hold? Do you know what the response time is during one of the 7 police mandated Starbucks breaks are throughout a shift? If you mace someone and it works and you've stopped the threat good for you, but if it doesn't you're fucked. How are you even going to call the police with this dude on top of you sensually raping your ass and using your tears to wash away the mace? I prefer to be in a position where I'm ahead of the game. I'm not shit talking you for wanting to carry mace, I'm shit talking you for not considering you're wrong, seemingly wanting talking throw away civil rights and believing that the calvary is always two minutes away.
>>
>>31726298
Nobody is telling anyone to go open season or be proud of a killing, only justifying it.

Kids get shot because they live in shit neighborhoods where the possibility of them being armed exists, stop being naive.

I grew up around Hispanic kids (this was in middle school so the oldest was probably 16) in California who bragged about stealing, drugs, beating up other kids for retarded reasons, carrying weapons, how they offended the law/cops, and their parents having guns; they also had younger ones who looked up to this shit.
>>
>>31726408
Are you really that afraid? I never said anything about taking away "civil rights," even though your interpretation of civil rights may be wrong.
>>
>>31726298
You really are convinced that our advocation for killing is racially based, aren't you?

In the heat of the moment, when a drug crazed criminal is charging at you with a knife, I guarantee you the last thing you're going to be thinking about is the individual's ethnicity, the same goes for anyone of us here. It doesn't matter if they're black, white, hispanic, whatever, the deciding factor of whether or not this individual deserves to die is definitively "are they threatening my life?"

That's the only distinguishing characteristic necessary, race and upbringing are barely an afterthought.
>>
>>31726446

>live in neighborhoods where the possibility of them being armed exists

Do you know who ends up killing them? People who are actually armed and unreasonably afraid. Don't act like you aren't unreasonably afraid of people of a different color.
>>
>>31725883
>>31726034
>>31726127
>>31726130
>>31726298
>>31726463
CTR out in full force tonight

Look, op, no one on here WANTS to take a life, it's a shit thing to go though when you do, but in that moment when you have to decide if you want to live or die, you had better hope you chose right.
>>
>>31726473

>a drug crazed criminal

how many faces do you see on the news that are "drug crazed criminals?" F-A-N-T-A-S-Y-L-A-N-D
>>
>>31726493

taking a life is not normal OP, it is a very very deep and unusual concept

wtf is a CTR anyway
>>
>>31726298
Grow up? Get perspective? Here's some perspective, how's your mace going to go if you have to let it go inside? How's that mace going to work if you're overpowered (you have been bullied syndrome so I'm guessing you're maybe 130 and insanely insecure, not advocating for bullying here just figuring that you were and you deserved it) and getting it yourself? Grow up, accept that you don't know everything. Get perspective, understand that nothing is perfect and accept that you may not be arming up enough. If that's okay with you then it's okay with me. You don't have to be right all the time, not even on the internet
>>
File: jYLBryf.jpg (185KB, 950x647px) Image search: [Google]
jYLBryf.jpg
185KB, 950x647px
>>31726491
>Do you know who ends up killing them?
Me when they break into my house.
I never said was afraid, I am merely looking at them with prejudice, but they better be afraid of me when they see me on the roof of my house, AK in hand, eyes slanted, skin yellow.
>>
>>31725414
>Thing is, I don't really want something lethal because if someone attacked me I'd really rather not kill him because 1. I'm a huge pussy
Sorry, no cure for that. At least rip peacefully knowing you weren't racist by shooting tray von dindu.
>>31725852
>Even though the guy I think wants to attack me is a crazy asshole I don't want to kill him
>nature is evil
>Just, god, I get so pissed when people try to use Laws of Nature to justify doing shit
>>31725668
>I don't want to kill him, just break his legs
You're genuinely stupid and hopeless. And if you actually believed in God at all, you wouldn't be saying dumb shit like you do about nature being "evil" and men "rising above the laws of nature". Yeah, just don't fucking eat or drink anything, you can show The Lord and everyone else how stupid his system is, right?
>>
>>31726522
26% of all violent crime is committed by active drug users in the United States, reports the justice department
>>
>>31726539

how small does your penis have to be to make write this out?
>>
>>31726522
Now your just avoiding the substance of my statement

Yeah, criminals don't need to be on drugs to do criminal things either, only stupid enough, that doesn't help your arguement

I'll say it again, when it's happening, it doesn't matter, all that matters is, "oh shit my life is in danger"
>>
>>31726582
Further more, in that same report, it states
>The evidence indicates that drug users are more likely than nonusers to commit crimes, that arrestees and inmates were often under the influence of a drug at the time they committed their offense, and that drug traffick- ing generates violence. Assessing the nature and extent of the influence of drugs on crime requires that reliable information about the offense and the offender be avail- able, and that definitions be consistent. In face of prob- lematic evidence, it is impossible to say quantitatively how much drugs influence the occurrence of crime.
>>
>>31726491
Haha...you caught us we're all racist. Nice projection fag. Also great factual statement. Also look up crime states and take a community college statistics class and then tell me that looking twice at Jamal-likes-to-wear-his-pants-by-his-knees is unreasonable. I know that I'm more likely to be attacked by a white person I know, however black strangers statistically are the only group of people who I don't know that have some remote chance of meaning me harm. I don't fear black people (sorry people of color as is currently what you head in the sand, apologist, non trigger word using wastes of space are saying) I just know the facts of the matter and mind that when I'm in public.
>>
show of hands how many posters in this thread (now 19 posters with 59 posts) have shot and killed an intruder in their home?

how many are just angry virgin nerds who think they will earn the respect of their internet peers? Thought so.
>>
>>31726491
> Don't act like you aren't unreasonably afraid of people of a different color.
'Cept I'm not, I live in one of the safest cities in America and many of my neighbors aren't white and honestly they're more well behaved than me.
When I go to a different side of town I see yellow thugs (I'm oriental myself), when I go out in the middle of nowhere I see white thugs, if I go down town they're black; it's not color that makes me "afraid" (more like cautious), it's their behavior.
>>
>>31726607
When the debate is lost slander is the tool of the loser.
>>
File: Argument-triangle-image.jpg (151KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
Argument-triangle-image.jpg
151KB, 500x376px
>>31726607
>>31726667
Nice
>>
(still 19 posters)

You wanna review some of the names and refutations you've posed against myself and others? usually it's the accuser of ad hominem who is the one with nowhere to go
>>
>>31726723
Thanks bronon. Saved me a copy of that shit
>>
>>31726759
Nigga, when I called you a pussy it was in and paragraph larger than your inbred sister/daughter could write in a week. You just said I got a little dick. Child. I'm calling you a child because you don't understand personal responsibility, not because I have no where to go. Fag. That last one was def ad hominem for sho
>>
>>31726759
What was your argument even to begin with?
Earn the respect how? This is an anonymous board, there is nothing to gain and again nobody has glorified self defense killing in anyway.
>>
>>31726841
The fucking great part about this is that this guy is going to grow out of this phase in a couple years and probably be teaming up with us against another fag troll like him. Only kids would come to /k trying to start an argument like this.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
just hit them with the depression.
>>
>>31726912
I like this
>>
>>31726841
my point is that you do not need deadly force to protect yourself. you are a threat to yourself and everyone around you without training from the proper authorities. sorry not sorry if you think anyone is trolling you here, you just happen to be extremists
>>
>>31726967
You realize that the qualifications for a CCW involve training by those certified by the sherrif's office, correct?
>>
>>31726967
Lol, first thing in this thread about training. Proper authorities? Back to the government being the best thing since sliced bread...fucking sad. You know how many people on this board are vets right? What about them, they need more training? Can they give the training? Will the local police train me? Is any lard ass with his nra certification good enough? Next thing you'll tell me that universal background checks are going to stop "gun violence" in its steps. Nobody needs 30 rounds to hunt. You're helpless if the government can't save you...etc. People like you are the reason this country is going down hill, you wouldn't shit without permission or approval.
>>
>>31727017
He is fuckin CTR, normal libs don't argue like this on here.
>>
>>31727017

Do you actually need 30 rounds to hunt? Let's start addressing the point there.

Secondly, with all due respect, does being a veteran immediately entitle you to use deadly force on US civilians?
>>
>>31727028
Ctr?
>>
>>31726967
While there are plenty of options for self defense, a trained person armed with a firearm is the epitome of self defense and with many less than lethal devices you're putting yourself in unnecessary danger.
With sprays, the attacker could be covering their face, and people have warded off the effects. Also what if the attacker has a gun?, I'd only get pepper spray if I was short on cash.
With less than lethal devices that require you to get up close, what if they have a knife or a gun? You're pretty screwed.
Taser? Sure, but I much rather drop $1000 on a gun that be effective 100% of the time.
>>
>>31727068
Lol, hunting has nothing to do with the 2nd. It's just another lame strawman argument. The only one talking about killing is you, everyone else is talking about stopping a lethal threat in kind.
>>
>>31727028
>>31727077

What is CTR and why is everybody being called CTR all of a sudden?
>>
>>31727103
What if you hit something other than your intended target?

Guns are not effective anywhere near 100% of the time.

Many people all over the world defend themselves appropriately without firearms. Some nations ban firearms outright, and yet people defend themselves. You cannot say "I know if I have a gun, I will be safe." You are not, and are most likely a danger to others.
>>
>>31727068
For hogs, which are pests and need have their population monitored, they come in packs and you're gonna need as many bullets as you can get.
For animals like bears, you'll definitely need it.
There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to acquire 30 round magazines.
>>
>>31727068
>need
That is a very toxic mentality as it can be applied to a whole number of rights besides guns
>>
>>31727173
This dude doesn't really need all that free speech he's got going on there...it would be a shame if someone where to slowly and systematically legislate it away while smiling and pretending thats not what they're doing.
>>
>>31727142
>Some nations ban firearms outright, and yet people defend themselves
Citation needed
>>31727114
Newfag
This has literally been going for months
>>
>>31727114
Correct the Record is a media outreach program intended to promote pro-Hillary Clinton messages on social media. Sounds like the old conspiracies about JIDF, but is plenty verifiable and well funded.

For some reason, there has been a massive and noticeable push in the last few days of pro-Clinton posters around here and elsewhere. God knows why, maybe it's because we're approaching the home stretch of the election, or the recent leaks of DNC improprieties have them feeling uncomfortable.
>>
>>31726967
>you are a threat to yourself and everyone around you without training from the proper authorities.
>you just happen to be extremists
I'm sorry, do you deem yourself a little lord? That nothing happens without your say-so? You imagine yourself a "proper authority" on guns while saying that lethal force isn't needed to protect yourself(which is the exact opposite of what most ccw course teachers advocate for, and for good reason), you say everyone who owns guns without training(We're in the information age. Anyone who wishes to read about these things can find textbooks full of info about almost anything) is an extremist threat because "proper authorities" didn't evaluate them, and you call supporters of the constitution extremists?

Fuck off, I got better things to do than discuss things that should be common sense with human waste like you.
>>
>>31725414
Fucking always be aware of your surroundings, and if shit goes down try running the fuck away first. If they chase you and you can't escape, kill them with your CCW. If you don't carry and can't get them to give up the chase, you at least removed the home field advantage from your attacker and his buddies that were probably waiting behind you for him to distract you.
>>
>>31727142
Well that's what training is for and most scenarios where you will draw, you'll be alone or secluded, with the exception of your attacker.
Compared to tasers and stun guns (weird word, because most "stun guns" require you to contact their skin), firearms are definitely superior in warding off attacks. When the attacker is presented with lethal force, the benefit/cost of attacking you goes out the window. No amount of money or goods is worth your life.
I never said that, people defend themselves all the time through other means, I said that having and knowing how to use a firearm is the most effective. I wouldn't say "successfully", because many countries have poor self defense laws leading the defender to be at the mercy of the law and the assailant. Countries that ban firearms outright or make it difficult to obtain a firearm and defend youself generally have a higher "victims per capita".
Having a gun doesn't guarantee safety, it won't prevent your attacker from attacking you unless you open carry or have cringey pro-gun stickers all over your car.
>>
If OP -needed- a gun ever in his life he would not be here right now. Facts.
>>
>>31725414
Hey man, it doesn't look like you want a self-defense weapon. As the other anons have mentioned, you can't just buy a gun and expect to be able shoot someone in the leg with it, or just buy a baton and hope that it'd come in handy. If you don't know how to use it it's probably going to end up in the hands of your assailant and he's gonna beat your ass with it.

1) Buy some pepper spray
2) Buy a taser
3) Get a dog so you don't have to fight. Not a bitch rat.
4) Insure your shit. If he really breaks into your house, just lock yourself in a room and call the cops. Ignore everyone calling you a pussy, it's what a sane person would do.
>>
>>31725852
Actually the values of teamwork, cooperation, and community are staples of human nature. We are pack animals, and every human society that ever survived and thrived did so because their members adhered to a strict social contract. Why do you think even selfish undeveloped assholes like children even have an overblown sense of justice? It is because we hardwired to hold each other accountable for actions deemed harmful to our community. Deviant behavior is most often found in cases of overcrowding, lack of prospects/poverty, and/or lack of emotional ties or sense of community. Nature is a cunt, but humans have banded together and made her their bitch.
>>
>>31727326

>made her their bitch

no they have not
>>
>>31725852
Why don't you just let him stab you then? You clearly have such low self esteem you don't value your life enough to defend it with any vigour at all. Or if he ends up raping you, you could tell the cops it was consensual so the poor guy doesn't have to suffer a prison term. You are putting the safety of your attacker ahead of your own life.

Obviously taking a human life is a big deal, and using lethal force is a measure of LAST resort when you have absolutely no alternative. But it is an absolutely conscionable thing to do if you are put in a position when you need to.

So frustrating how /k/ has been overwhelmed with these CTR #imwithher cowards, whining on about their alt right bogeyman. If you think guns are bad, WHY ARE YOU ON A WEAPONS BOARD?
>>
>>31726298
If he's fucking set on non-lethal, better to get gel pepper spray. Better range and potency than regular pepper spray. Also, yeah, better be able to run like the wind.
>>
>>31727382

Why do you all want to kill people?
>>
>>31727408
Can you read?
>"Obviously taking a human life is a big deal, and using lethal force is a measure of LAST resort when you have absolutely no alternative. But it is an absolutely conscionable thing to do if you are put in a position when you need to."
>>
>>31727408
Why do you want people to be at the mercy of criminals?
>>
>>31727430
Who are you to determine if someone is a criminal?
>>
>>31727439
If someone is trying to rob or harm me, they are definitely a criminal.
>>
File: ears.jpg (106KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ears.jpg
106KB, 600x400px
>>31727408
You only hear what you want to hear.

Everyone sage this thread, OP is a faggot that doesn't listen.
>>
>>31727439
A law abiding citizen
>>
>>31727439
Who are you to decide that someone defending themselves is immoral? If someone was kicking in your door right now and you had a gun and a phone would you be calling 911 while they made entry to your home or would you be defending yourself? Simple plain direct question. I'm betting he won't answer
>>
>>31727492
Nobody is ever kicking down my door anon
>>
>>31727737
Nah...they don't do that in safe spaces. You're right. It doesn't happen to you or anyone else. Also great job not answering the question. You got boxed into a corner of your own lies and refused to go full retard. I commend you sir, you would be great on my nieces middle school debate team. They need a water boy, they get thirsty spouting off facts and properly constructed arguments. You might learn something.
>>
>>31727737
Seriously, if it were to happen would you call 911 while someone was actively breaking into your home with unknown intent or would you grab a gun and stand on your own two legs? The odds of it happening don't matter because it does happen, to thousands of people every year.
>>
>>31725414
what are you gonna have worse nightmares about
1. killing some sick fuck
2. getting robbed, raped, and generally brutalized and victimized
3. getting killed and never having a nightmare again
>>
>>31725414
>Non-Lethal Cripple Weapon?

No weapon can guaranteed to be non-lethal in every possible scenario so due to this fact such weapons are called less-than-lethal weapons.
>>
>>31727818
Got real quiet in here after that huh?
>>
>>31727797
Of course I refused to go full retard or I'd walk around with a gun all day like Zimmerman looking for people to follow
>>
>>31725414

Non-lethal self-defense is dangerous territory, literally and legally.

Anyone who is not dead is capable of killing you.

If you feel non-lethal force is justified and lethal force is not, but you wind up killing them accidentally, you just committed manslaughter. Not to mention the strong possibility of a surviving attacker suing you.
>>
Honesty op, just get a pistol and ccw. You don't want to be in a situation where you're saying you don't think you are in serious danger of getting killed, so I only sort of maimed him. If you are in serious danger of getting killed, you need to put that fucker down. Plus with a lot of non lethal weapons like a Tazer you've only got one shot. A Glock 17 has 17 and a 19 has 15; that's a hell of a lot more chances to hit for someone who's probably not going to be serious about hitting the range.
>>
Yeah, shoot for the legs. Make that nig nog bleed out because you hit an arterial vein.
>>
>>31728369

OP remember this is how these individuals really feel
>>
>>31726667
No kill in the house, but I did have a nigger kick down my front door right as I finished cleaning my turkey gun. Dude ran out faster than Usain Bolt when he saw that.
>>
>>31728224
No one here is advocating that. The ZimZam was a retard who put himself in a stupid situation and then legally defended his life. Let that sink in. He had every reason to fear for his life when he pulled the trigger, as decided by a jury of 12 who knew way more about what happened then you ever will. His actions leading up to the event were stupid, the media coverage was retarded and misleading and it should have never gone to trial because he was clearly defending his own life against someone who was bashing his head into the sidewalk. If you have a problem with the latter half of that there are plenty of places you could go. Also another deflection. Great work. You've avoided answering a direct question again. When will you realize that you're simply a close minded fool? I've given you every chance to accept that not every situation can be solved with mace and a 911 call. I've openly said it's okay if you felt that was enough defense for your own life. You've done nothing but be evasive in your arguments and play straw man games. If you can't come to a conversation with more than a self righteous attitude you need to look into your heart and really ask yourself if these are your beliefs or something that's been conditioned onto you. Really just say that you'd call 911 and hope for the best. I'd have some respect for the fact that you're a man of conviction.
>>
>>31728431

Please examine your own argument first. It is based on a very unlikely scenario which relies on literally every other method of defense not working, and guns working. This argument also assumes that the subject will never cause any secondary damage with his gun, including but not limited to:

Harm or death to bystanders at any point of his ownership, but especially during the time of supposed engagement

Property harm at any point

Property harm at time of engagement

Legal harm / bad decision making walking around with a death machine and being told to be scared and how nobody would mess with him if he brandishes...

I could go on
>>
>>31728532
Thanks for the specifics, learn how to argue. All I'm saying is if someone is a legitimate threat to my life I'll stop them. Which is the same thing the police will do for you after you call them. If they make it on time. Which they probaby won't. Would you call 911 or pick up a gun when someone was kicking in your door? Two choices, but you either can't make up your mind or won't admit the real answer.
>>
>>31728431
There has been nothing but xenophobia and an utter disrespect for humanity to the "if someone approaches you in a way that makes you feel threatened shoot the dead" argument. The media has been swift about picking up stories like this so they no longer get buried under the rug. We have an issue with unarmed people getting shot to death EVERY DAY, and it's an ugly truth that there are moral and real consequences for ending somebody's life. Is it to much to ask to stop solving every problem by shooting people? That should not be our party line anymore.
>>
>>31728431

You are absolutely ignoring the fact that there are more than two options and shooting somebody dead on first sight should obviously not be one of them.
>>
File: autism.gif (512KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
512KB, 480x270px
>>31725852

Y'all niggas postin' in a bait thread
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.