[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT 2: This Time It's Personnel, Kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 25

File: 1441875777229.jpg (1MB, 6016x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1441875777229.jpg
1MB, 6016x4000px
What is the best semi-auto intermediate cartridge rifle for left handed shooters?

Thank fuck I'm not devil handed but my bro is and I need advice on a rifle for him. He is leaning toward an ak pattern which seems like a decent enough choice.
>>
File: IMG_4758.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4758.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
I'm left handed and I prefer the AK over the AR in terms of ergonomics.
>>
What's the term for the light weight armor plates you use to supplement level IIIA soft armor up to level III or IV armor?
>>
>>31721557
Inserts
>>
I have a 1954 HRA garand, will any of the WW2 bayonets fit on it, like the M1 or the M1905E1? Or do i need the tiny M5 bayonet?
I don't want to impale liberals on a blade shorter than my dick
>>
The bayo that came with my Izhevsk 91/30 doesn't fit.

Anybody know how to tell what kind would fit and where to get them?
>>
File: IMG_20160126_164242.jpg (2MB, 1560x2080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160126_164242.jpg
2MB, 1560x2080px
>>31721373
Lefty here and I have no real preference between AK and AR platforms. My AR probably has slightly better ergonomics with all the left handed shit tacked onto it but for the love of god don't let him do an AR pistol and/or suppressor shooting. He'll get gassed the fuck out and have carbon shit plastered all over his face.
>>
>>31721373
Any of them. It's not hard to shoot left handed.
>>
>>31721759
He has shot a few rounds through my ar pistol; results were hilarious.
>>
>>31721373
>posting dr8co pictures
>why
>>
I just called the lgs around my area looking for a cz75 and one said they only had the 'pro' model. W...which one is this? SP-01? Said it was $649
>>
File: 1469465418545.jpg (210KB, 960x636px) Image search: [Google]
1469465418545.jpg
210KB, 960x636px
Can anyone link or send me to a site that would have metal replacement sights for a chiappa 1911 or recommend some. I have broken my internetwebsearchskills.jpg looking.
>>
>>31721373
The autistic child in me is screaming out of jealousy right now over the pika church n64.
>>
So I took my Mosin to the range today and had a bunch of trouble cycling the bolt after firing around 10 rounds of surplus ammo. The owner of the range took a look at it and said there was some major pitting on the inside of the receiver. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I damn well couldn't cycle the bolt without a mallet.
>>
>>31723084
same guy here
I looked up sticky bolt but that mostly seems like its a problem for loading whereas I'm having a problem extracting the fired round.
>>
>>31721664
hit it with a hammer
>>
>>31723084
>>31723148
Additionally there was grinding on the cartridges once they were ejected
>>
>>31723247
>>31723148
>>31723084
Hit it with a hammer.

In all seriousness, was it coated in compliance when you got it?

Clean the fuck out of the whole receiver and bolt. Boil some water and pour it over both while extremely hot (out of the stock).

Then oil it up and take it back out.
>>
>>31721373
stag arms made their name producing left handed AR-15 type rifles with good barrels for the price.

Though any AR 15 or rifle with a properly designed brass deflector will serve a lefty just fine, if you're dead set on a lefty rifle stag arms is a good place to start.
>>
>>31723084
Nothing can be done about pitting. pitting is what happens after rust has already done its damage.

Pitting in the receiver is not likely the cause of the sticky action, though.
>>
File: snipermosinquestionmark.jpg (1011KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
snipermosinquestionmark.jpg
1011KB, 3024x4032px
There's a guy near me selling a supposed PU Mosin for 225$. It has the holes filled in from the refurb factory and the stock is cut, but it looks a bit off. I already have a Mosin, but if this is the real deal it seems too good to pass up. Should I do it?
>>
>>31724968
Even if it's not really a PU, if it has a good bore, it's a good price.
>>
Is there some sort of list that shows what cartridges have interchangeable magazines? Not rifles, the actual mags.
>>
is .45 ACP really not all it's cracked up to be?

heard friend A say to friend B that 10mm beats it in ballistics and capacity
>>
>>31725185
You're friend is a liar
>>
>>31723382
I don't know if it was coated in compliance, what does that mean?
>>
>>31721373
AR or AK

>>31721759
You could always spend a little more and get a left handed upper receiver and an ambi lower
>>
File: chineseskswithbladebayo.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chineseskswithbladebayo.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
I found a $300 norinco sks with a blade bayonet on armslist, is that a good price for one? I've been in the market for an sks but I don't know much about Chinese ones so I'm a bit hesitant
>>
>>31725389
kek thought so

how about this, .45acp vs .45super?
>>
>>31725571
good price depending on condition. if it looked ok, i'd probably get it.
>>
>>31721664
This is hard to explain.

Step 1: no matter what anyone tells you, do NOT sand/file the inside of the bayonet. It will fit your barrel, but it needs to be stretched out. You have two options:

>option 1
Find a length of pipe the same diameter as a mosin barrel. Or a spare barrel. Or barrel scrap. Anything. Hammer the batonet on and off til the metal expands outward and you dont need a hammer

>step 2

Cheap and dirty. Find a drill bit that wont fit theough the bayonet ring. Place bit ON the bayonet ring where it splits. Beat on drill bit with a hammer until it fits inside ring. Test fit to rifle. Repeat if necessary.

I really need to make an infograph or video about this
>>
File: 1476322866674.jpg (10KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1476322866674.jpg
10KB, 250x238px
>>31725389
>implying 10mm doesn't beat .45ACP in ballistics

Are you just pretending to be retarded?
>>
What is the best LEGAL self defense device for a cross country road trip?

I got guns and edcc in my state of residence, but what with all the interstate reciprocity stuff (or lack thereof) laws I will UNDOUBTEDLY will be passing through states where I do not have a local license, and my state's licensing is not recognized.

Not on the run or anything, wanted to take a cross country road trip most my life, never actually did one coast to coast like I always wanted, but DID do a fair bit of smaller road trips in my teens/college.

As much as I'd like to just bring my edc along, like I do every day; I don't want to risk any legal shenanigans if I get pulled over for for some random nonsense.

So I'm thinking like a knife or something would probably be fine right? What is the US MINIMUM length restrictions? As in what kind of knife length and configuration (if fixed blade is illegal in certain areas) which is legal in absolutely every public area in the continental US?

I'm not planning on hitting every single ghetto and crime hotbed on the way or anything, OR getting into any trouble, but frankly I'm used to carrying protection, and most folk running into trouble didn't get up that morning planning on it; so what would you say is by "best option"? I'm reasonably not obese or afflicted by any physical debilitation and DO do outdoorsy stuff and recreational sporty stuff, so I have some degree of confidence in relying on my bare fucking hands in an interpersonal conflict situation at short range, but that's not much saying than an animal has the skin on its back and the teeth in its mouth when it's backed into a corner, I would prefer a dedicated easy to use tool. What's best for a 'layman'? I am certainly not a kung fu master of any particular vocation, so please no esoteric showpiece weapons that you could technically carry in your trunk if you're just passing through etc... (I'm aware of similar 'passing through' laws for guns, but I want something on my belt/pocket)
>>
File: IMG_20160113_192548.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160113_192548.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>31725486
A lefty upper is rather pricey and there is a lack of quality parts, namely BCGs. I don't have a burning desire for an ar pistol nor shooting suppressed so I'm fine waiting until the lefty market improves.

>ambi lower
Pray do tell what the fuck is that?
>>
>>31725860
You're thinking too hard. Either break the law while being just (carrying wherever you go), or don't break the law and give up some of your ability to defend yourself.

This is more of a moral dilemma than anything.

Justice doesn't come from judges. Not all laws are good.
>>
>>31725959
Bottomline though, he'd still be breaking that state's law, which defeats the purpose of his post

I'd like to know too, want to make a cross country trip too someday
>>
>>31725959
>implying I give a fuck about the law on a moral
look manm I don't want to go to jail, I don't wanna die either.

In a perfect world, I would just bring along the same things I bring along every day. That being said, I'm not rich enough to fight the feds in court, so getting prosecuted is more or less the same as getting killed to me; the end of life as I know it.
>>
>>31726027
You might consider passing through scarcely populated states on your trip, or states with a large white population, generally you won't have a problem, can make it coast to coast without incident
>>
>>31726027
Don't get caught then, even if it means running or hurting law enforcement. I know that sounds edgy, but really, the laws in place set forth by some state governments and the federal government is 10x more edgy.

>>31726054
This post is mostly right, but there are faggot white populations that don't like guns.
>>
File: Lego64.jpg (85KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Lego64.jpg
85KB, 1000x750px
>>31723069

I made mine out of Lego. The Pikachu one is obnoxious because of how huge it is
>>
>>31721566
>Inserts

Thanks, Anon. Stay classy.
>>
>>31726072
>Don't get caught then, even if it means running or hurting law enforcement. I know that sounds edgy, but really, the laws in place set forth by some state governments and the federal government is 10x more edgy.

Agree but contesting the state law just isn't worth it/won't work, the legislators who made those laws are on the same moral warpath as the common lib on the street, no amount of facts or solid evidence will convince them otherwise, better not to draw attention to yourself in the first place

>but there are faggot white populations that don't like guns.

That's arguably moot as unlike criminals/urban youths they generally encompass perfectly normal people that just have skewed political views and can be avoided fairly easily, and generally won't go peering into anon's car, at which point all it takes to avoid that is hiding gun from view

If he's going coast to coast though and passes directly through the midwest, he can pass safely through plenty of pro gun states
>>
>>31726054
>>31726072
Guys, I'm trying to go on VACATION, not some kind of sacrificial mission for greater justice or some shit jesus christ.
>>
What are the best iron sights for a glock?
>>
>>31726254
Oi mate we know, dunno what the other anon is trying to convince you of, I'm just trying to say stay out of the culturally enriched routes to your destination and in the safer (and arguably more scenic) midwest, and not get busted for bringing your personal safety guarantee of choice with you
>>
>>31725417
cosmoline
>>
>>31725860
Have you're states permits and look up on a reciprocity map where you can go and avoid other states. You might be surprised how many states recognize eachother.
>>
What's the sexiest pistol I can slap a reflex sight onto?

Price notwithstanding
>>
>>31726933
P99

gotta get 'dem picatinny rails though
>>
/lit/ here, I need some help:
I'm participating in theater and I'm adapting a war scene to Iraq instead of Vietnam

what would be the equivalent of rice paddies in Iraq?

what kind of weapons would a US Army private use; what kind would an insurgent use? I was thinking M4 and AK, but not sure if that's a good selection.

what would you call the homes of Iraqi insurgents? or would holes be preferable?

sorry for it being off topic, but I trust you guys more than I do /pol/
>>
File: ppq_rmr_900.jpg (324KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
ppq_rmr_900.jpg
324KB, 900x675px
>>31727013
Damn. Not bad.

I like options though, I'm gonna keep this in mind as I continue looking
>>
>>31727050
We're all /pol/ here
>>
Should I get a Kriss Vector 10mm pistol (side arm is G20) or a Battle Rifle (new caliber) for the happening?
Already have AR

>>31726933
G40
>>
>>31727050
>what would be the equivalent of rice paddies in Iraq?

Roads near canals and/or tall grass and sewage areas.

>weapons would a US Army private use

M16A2 or M4, depending on the time period.

>what kind would an insurgent use
Pick a rifle. AK is fine.

>what would you call the homes of Iraqi insurgents? or would holes be preferable?

That's not how it works, insurgents generally didn't live in holes in Iraq ala VietCong hiding out in tunnels in Vietnam. Insurgents in Iraq blended back into the population centers, and operated out of houses, business buildings and apartments.
>>
>>31726436
Yeah its still got it on the metal thingies on the stock for the sling.
>>
>>31727166
thanks, time period is during the last decade (00s)

in one of the lines, the soldier describes breaking into a hooch in Vietnam; would it be fine if I just say they broke into a home or an apartment complex?
>>
>>31727546
M16A2 is more common pre-2005, M4 is more common after. Both were used in both time periods because logistics isn't perfect.

Saying house or apartment is fine. Breaking into a house is fine. Remember though that house clearing missions are almost always deliberately pre-planned and are at least company sized, and usually its bigger. Most fiction really underestimates how heavy the military rolls.
>>
>>31727602
yeah, I'm kind of hoping to get more insight on that as well. The playwright is vague on how many people are attacking; they just state that their Sargent orders them to enter these hooches and attack everyone on sight as they're Vietcong. I was thinking of saying that their company entered the complex and had orders to shoot everyone on sight.

I was also thinking of maybe using a street market in place of the rice paddies, given what was replied earlier (maybe it was you who replied?)
>>
>>31727657
>Sargeant
Delete this. It's Sergeant. Probably my biggest, most common military fiction pet peeve.

The idea of "kill everyone on sight" is highly, highly out of place as a common thing for Iraq, except in very rare instances like planned, long awaited assaults like Fallujah.

I think you need to just do more general reading on the subject of military organization to find a way to understand what you're writing. A squad is generally not going to operate on it's own, and a platoon or company is going to have it's decisions made by an officer and NCO pair. The idea of total free fire is plausible if there is context, maybe.

If you want a smaller element in a modern setting you have to look at slightly more irregular elements. Without taking the easy out of "muh special forces" that fiction relies on, you may want to look at Small Kill Teams (SKT). SKTs or similar type teams are generally meant to provide overwatch to convoys and routes and help indirectly by relying information and spotting. They are not meant to clear out buildings in and of themselves. However, if you are writing fiction you can probably come up with a plausible way to put them into clearing a building. You've got a 4-8 man team, requiring at least one radio operator and one designated marksman. Everybody else is there to provide fire in case the team is compromised and needs to fight to break contact.
>>
>>31727730
thanks for the help, I'll definitely read up on the subject and come back at a later time to see if there could be any input.

all I've had to go off of are reserves and guys in the Air Force
>>
>>31722674
METAL replacement sights? Don't think you're going to find any. It's not a very popular gun and nobody I know if makes aftermarket sights for it.
>>
Gonna get AR 500 III+ 10x12 plates. I'm a tall skinny motherfucker, is it worth the money to get the multi curve ones? Is it worth it to get the Paxon build up? Which one is probably more important?
>>
File: AK Pistol zastava m92pv.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
AK Pistol zastava m92pv.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Gonna ask in AKG, but here as well, always wanted a AK/AKM, but don't know what kind/make too get. Ak pistol is fine as well.
>>
cz-75
what should i buy and what can i still buy?
>>
Can anyone recommend a (cheap) picatinny reflex sight that will keep zero on a 12 gauge? sub100$ would be ideal
>>
>>31729398
What do you mean? You can buy any of them. CZ doesn't currently make any trash.

What do you want it for? That would narrow down the choices.
>>
File: 73ee6a5491dd_sf_4.jpg (38KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
73ee6a5491dd_sf_4.jpg
38KB, 540x360px
Is the image quality of cameras from attack choppers and whatnot really as shitty as it looks in footage? doesnt look like you can make out much
>>
>>31729728
Not going to happen buddy, sorry. Sub $100 red dots have trouble just functioning properly on .22s, forget about shotguns. There's a reason good ones cost what they do.
>>
>>31721539
>being able to cycle the weapon manually and operate the fire selector without removing your dominant hand from the pistol grip

No shit you'd pick an AK over an AR. A non-ambidextrous AR is a bitch to use if you're left-handed.
>>
1. What's a POG?
2. If someone points a handgun at me, and I grab it by the front, could I prevent the handgun from cycling or would it maybe prevent the gun from firing altogether?
3. Can I prevent an open bold gun from firing if I hold it by the charging handle? (When the trigger is pulled obviously.)

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>31730672
1: A POG is a member of the military that isn't in a combat role. It stands for Person Other than Grunt. Generally looked down upon by people in combat roles.

2 and 3: Both situations are theoretically possible, but would require a ridiculous amount of hand strength to work and in the case of the open bolt one, super speed. The semi auto would still get a round off.
>>
What is better and why: Walther PPQ or Walther PPX? Price is not an issue and I already own several handguns for plinking and CC. I've just been curious about having one or the other lately.
>>
>>31730997
>>31730672
Also, you might be able to stop a double action revolver from cycling.
>>
>>31730672
>>31730997
If you grab or push the slide/barrel assembly of a semiautomatic pistol you should push it out of battery so it can't fire at all. Obviously this isn't something you should rely on, but it's possible, and getting pistols pushed out of battery is common when, for instance, someone tries to make a contact shot during a struggle. Jusy pushing the muzzle of a pistol against someone can knock it out of battery.

You wouldn't need a ton of strength either. Neither pushing a pistol slide/barrel or holding the bolt of an open bolt is very hard. Spring pressure really isn't that much.
>>
File: CZ-75-SP01-Shadow-Viper-1.jpg (176KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CZ-75-SP01-Shadow-Viper-1.jpg
176KB, 1600x1200px
>>31729965
Some models aren't available in other countries

>pic related, NEVER EVER
>>
how should i carry my bersa? hammer down saftey off or cocked and locked?
>>
File: 1474604742557.jpg (119KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474604742557.jpg
119KB, 1000x800px
I fucked up the firing pin screw in my no.1 mk.3 SMLE. Is there a place to get a replacement w/o a whole bolt assembly?

Pic unrelated
>>
Anyone know off the top of their head if you can install a Geissele low profile gas block on a stock Ruger AR-15 barrel without heavy modification?
>>
>>31731635
You can't carry a Bersa Thunder cocked and locked you retard. You don't actually own one do you?
>>
File: 1437406172911.png (90KB, 264x258px) Image search: [Google]
1437406172911.png
90KB, 264x258px
Here's a question, let's say there is a group of miscreant teenagers either on foot or in a car doing shit like egging houses or smashing mailboxes. What would be the legality in lighting them up with a paintball gun or their car?
Let's say they're white, to take out the race issue, and we're not in a libtard gun free retard State like California or New York but basically imagine how Alaska's gun laws are minus the "fuck you government we're not going to follow your gun control laws" law.
>>
>>31733230
That's assault and battery.
>>
>>31733243
Even if you're defending your property? Even if you don't even hit them (on purpose or accident)?
>>
>>31733259
It doesn't let them off the hook legally, but yeah you're committing a crime too. Also, since paintball guns have the potential to permanently maim somebody if they happen to hit them in the eye, the law can probably throw some extra bullshit on top.

Unless your or somebody else's life or limb is in immediate, direct threat, violence is going to land you in legal hot water. Film the fuckers and the car and send the footage in.
>>
>>31733287
Fuck that's pretty gay. Well no survivors it is then! :^)
>>
>>31721373
Can you dye green Magpul furniture black with fit dye?
>>
How come caseless magazines and bullpup isn't the future?

Is there any advantage to having a magazine feeding system like a G11 or the SMG in Halo as opposed to a bottom-loading system?

What are ways guns can be made to inherently reduce the recoil?

I'm trying to think of a concept for a plausible future gun so I wanna know these things.
>>
>>31733574
>How come caseless magazines and bullpup isn't the future?

Ergonomics, modularity, and cost vs. improvement ratio.

Regardless of how focused internet nerds are are the tiny little details of guns, and arguing about what is best, for a large scale military unless a gun is a significant improvement over an existing design you won't get them to adopt it. It's especially difficult when the new design uses radically different ammunition and parts which aren't backwards comparable. Compare such and overhaul against the reality of how the US (or Russian) military has instead incrimentally upgraded rifles for 50+ years in such a way as to slowly phase new equipment in and maximize backward compatibility with existing equipment.

>G11

Weirdo kraut spacegun. I don't actually fully understand it. But that complexity alone makes it a terrible choice for an infantry weapon.

>Halo SMG
No real advantage. They visually kind of copied the P90, but stuck the mag on the side so that it looked cool. Vidya designers have more concerns than realism.

>What are ways guns can be made to inherently reduce the recoil?

You can reduce felt recoil with a bigass spring. See: AR-10 and AR-15.

Also if you want to get crazy, you can use counter weights like in the AN-94.
>>
I have an adapter to use saw bags on my rpd, when i go to find them i can only findthe bag part not the hard plastic part with the mount.
Anyone know a good site to buy them?
>>
>>31733574
Caseless ammo tend to cook off when your gun gets too hot, also it's very expensive to manufacture.
>>
>>31733662
Well right now, I'm trying to consider a concept future rifle without practicality and budget considered, and then work backwards.

First I thought caseless, but then I had ideas for weird magazines and the only caseless rounds I know of (G11) are rectangular and rectangles don't take well to weird magazine shapes.

Then I thought about orienting the magazine like the G11 does but then figured there wasn't any real weight advantage to that (unless somehow doing it like that improves the weight distribution making it easier and faster to place accurate shots).

I'm trying to make something that feels like 20 - 50 years of firearms improvements but also isn't a literal laser gun.
>>
>>31733705
You know what, it's fiction man. You don't need to autism about the nuts and bolts. Call it caseless, give it some set capabilities, and be done. The quality of the story doesn't hinge on you having a diagram of a working spacegun.
>>
>>31733714
But the whole point of the fiction I'm creating is to try and create realistic firefight action without relying on a superhuman protagonist gunslinger who can fan the hammer and hit a man 100 yards.
>>
>>31733736
>create realistic firefight action
Take literary cues from books about war. There's a lot of materials you can draw from. Hell make it A Game of Thrones in space.
>>
>>31721627
Does anyone have an answer for this?
>>
>>31721373
AR a rubber pad on the deflector if his rifle happens to flip rounds in his face.
>>
File: 39 vs. 59.png (622KB, 1269x485px) Image search: [Google]
39 vs. 59.png
622KB, 1269x485px
>>31721373
I have an opportunity to buy a S&W Model 39 or S&W Model 59. I can only buy one. Which one should I buy, or should I look at the Gen 2 steel framed versions?
>>
>>31721373
What the fuck does a pokemon based N64 have to do with a P226?
>>
File: 1476150871930.jpg (45KB, 670x472px) Image search: [Google]
1476150871930.jpg
45KB, 670x472px
>>31731831
>pic unrelated

a reply is not an OP post

it does not require pictures new friend

just post nothing
>>
If I get in good with some liberals and make up a sob story about how since a child I've been sexually and emotionally attracted to firearms but everyone rejects me for my gun lust..
>eventually get to a point where guns have genders and self-rights
>get married to my favorite pistol
>tell the government they are refusing rights to my legal wife by restricting her transportation around our great country
>get to take my wife anywhere i go, by my side always.

Worth the effort?
>>
>>31721373
Can someone please post the Hickok copypasta about him buying 2 liters. I want to post it on all of his videos
>>
File: 1467395206392.jpg (469KB, 1900x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1467395206392.jpg
469KB, 1900x1331px
CZ SP01 tactical or CZ75BD?
Is there really any down side to the SP01?
>>
File: 1-xgyFkMRPRrFMYKzyYdoVSQ.jpg (443KB, 1300x828px) Image search: [Google]
1-xgyFkMRPRrFMYKzyYdoVSQ.jpg
443KB, 1300x828px
My son is joining the naval academy, does he get the blueberry (or soon the forestland) uniforms?
Does anyone else prefer the blueberry uniform over the new ones (im speaking aesthetically)?
Can a Naval aviator become a Admiral?
>>
File: 17xqU1V.jpg (331KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
17xqU1V.jpg
331KB, 1440x2392px
Can anyone identify the guns that Ozzy has in the lower two images? Thanks.
>>
Should I get the incog eclipse or shadow if I want to IWB at my 3-5?
>>
>>31721627
All bayonets made for the M1 will fit any M1 of any maker or year
>>
>>31721373
Consider this

7.62x39 drops off at 300m or so. But up until that it's a highly effective cartridge (and much past that if you just ADJUST UR FKIN SIGHT) for both soft and hard target penetration.

5.56 shoots much straighter past 300m than 7.62x39, however it's not very effective at all past 400m (and that's IF you have a 20" barrel and are using a high velocity round). It's essentially a .22 around that range as it doesn't fragment. In fact its fragmentation is picky at any range, you need proper barrel length, powder load, bullet weight, etc. It's just a very picky cartridge overall. It also sucks at cutting through wind, branches, and barriers such as walls and vehicles.

Thus I have opted for 7.62x39, and if I feel I need to reach out further than an intermediate caliber should go, I jump to a .308. 5.56 seems pointless to me unless you're hunting small-medium game (and you like lead fragments in your food) or you have a practical purpose where too much penetration could be harmful, such as police and hostage rescue operations.
>>
>>31737384
They're airguns. Look to both be pump BB guns.
>>
>>31736282
>Is there really any down side to the SP01?

It's larger, heavier, and more expensive.

>>31734590
They're all great, what do you want one for? It really depends on what your intended use is. If you just want a nice collectible the 39 would be the best choice probably, as it's the oldest and the model all the rest were based on.
>>
>>31734590
>>31737873
Also the 39 is a piece of history as the first American double action semiautomatic pistol. Also retro 1960s SEAL coolness.
>>
How hard would it be to make a gun that loads ammunition? Like you could load the gun with powder, cases and bullets and the recoil would push the next bullet into the next case to make the next round? That way you would have to carry around a bunch of cartridges.
>>
File: 91 gi.jpg (647KB, 1143x857px) Image search: [Google]
91 gi.jpg
647KB, 1143x857px
>>31721373
I know that CTD has a super shitty history, but i am trying to get g3 mags. And even with their outrageous shipping, they are still cheaper than others. Should I do it? I don't really give a shit about how i'm supporting a horrible company, I just want my mags for as cheap as possible.
>>
Is Arma 3 right?

Is the future really going to be shooting 6.5 out of an ACR and all the weapons are just variants of the main rifle?
>>
>>31738565
>Not buying 100 for $150 when you had the chance
>>
>>31738641
Got the gun recently my man.
>>
Didn't want to shill this company with it's own thread.

Has anyone used Freedom Munitions? All their reviews seem to be excellent. Prices are good. Thinking about putting in an order for a few hundred rounds.
>>
If it's all about shot placement, why does Joules of energy of a bullet matter?
>>
>>31721373
Tell him to get a cackhanded AR15 (Stag Model 2TL/4L)... Or do what the muhreens do and tell him to suck it up and learn to shoot like a real merican and not some effete lefty euro wannabe liberalace
>>
File: cz-usa-805-bren-carbine.png (191KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
cz-usa-805-bren-carbine.png
191KB, 2000x1333px
Would my drunk-ass be good for supplying my local militia with a bunch of CZ 805 BREN S1s or can I do better in the AR-15 market?
>>
Making a milsim-ish mod.

What are the official names of the roles of a full squad and are they any different between say, Army and SEALs.
>>
What does the G3 ruin brass?
>>
>>31740748
considering the 805 is like 2k each yeah id go with just a bunch of cheap ars, then you could spend more on ammo and mags

what are some good copper solvents? preferably cheap ones
>>
how do i make a 5.56 glock?

are custom shotgun shells illegal for home defence?
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.