[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle East Thread "POST ISIS EDITION"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 24

File: Kasim.jpg (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kasim.jpg
131KB, 800x800px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahMxGAPQHiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66LqbzXQZS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJrNYt-a5W8
>>
>m*ndic thread
>>
>>31718803
Why is everyone so pissed off about him? Is it because of his bias or what?
>>
>>31718785
QT3.14
T
>>
File: Razvaljotka.png (1MB, 1125x649px) Image search: [Google]
Razvaljotka.png
1MB, 1125x649px
Is actually the root of the problem is the acute shortage of fresh water, which is why the crowd destitute peasants flocked to the city. Crowds of immigrants have increased demographic and economic pressures in the cities, and the regime, initially ignored the problem, only worsened the situation, when reacted harshly to mass protests in Daraa.

The reasons for the crisis of water associated with the program of Hafez al-Assad, the former president of Syria, who in 1960 decided to increase the area of wheat fields to harvest enough for full coverage of domestic needs and even to export. Since the 1970s, under the wheat plowed more and more forest land and even the desert. Approximately half of the required water from the Euphrates and came from wells, dug with the permission of the authorities. Soon, Syria was able to meet its domestic needs for wheat, and even create reserves. In addition, water-demanding cultivation of cotton began. But man-made problems, coupled with natural disasters have undermined this program.

Erez twenty years after the beginning of the program, the level of groundwater has fallen sharply, and began salinity of wells, and often - and pollution. Syria has been suffering from acute water shortage, the government has failed to solve the problem, the fields were abandoned, and the farmers and their families migrated to the cities, where the groundwater level is also decreased to a level after which their use becomes dangerous.

In the 1970s, on the Euphrates in Syria dam and reservoir named Assad was built in the 1980s, Turkey has started to build the dam Ataturk, one of 22 dams on the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, originating in Turkey and flowing through Syria and Iraq, and flow into the Persian Gulf. Very quickly, half of the water of the Euphrates, falls into Syria, became to remain in Turkey. With the fall of the level of the Euphrates on Syrian territory expanded drilling pirate artesian wells,
>>
File: Bf.jpg (89KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bf.jpg
89KB, 486x720px
which ultimately led to the depletion of the aquifer.

Drought years even more complicated situation, especially three years of drought, starting from 2008. Syria, to the point does not need to wheat, it has been forced to start importing grain. The government did not help the farmers, and they began to move to the cities. If in the 1970s, about two-thirds of the workers were employed in agriculture, in the 2000s, their share has fallen below a quarter. Millions (of the total number of about 20 million people) have migrated to the city, unable to withstand this influx.

And plus the explosive growth of the population in Syria in recent years. That's all.
Peace in Syria will come, when the population will decrease by at least 10 million. Then the nature of the rest. In the meantime, the laws of Malthus and Darwin's work.
>>
>>31719404
because he's the #1 /pol/ shitposter on this board
>>
File: 1347182329001.jpg (68KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1347182329001.jpg
68KB, 500x666px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foxfw0F4eCI
>>
File: 1347469737413.png (197KB, 636x649px) Image search: [Google]
1347469737413.png
197KB, 636x649px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russian-air-defense-raises-stakes-of-us-confrontation-in-syria/2016/10/17/85c89220-948c-11e6-bb29-bf2701dbe0a3_story.html?tid=sm_tw

>It appears the Russian military asked their UK counterparts to specify where exactly in eastern Aleppo British specials forces are based.
>>
>>31718785
I thought George Bluth was only guilty of light treason.
>>
File: CvEc5V2WYAEjnjj.jpg (382KB, 1200x1027px) Image search: [Google]
CvEc5V2WYAEjnjj.jpg
382KB, 1200x1027px
>>31718785
I have nothing today. A Step map of northern Aleppo, there was some minor SAA advances on two fronts (not enough to care about) and the battle of Mosul stalled out a little.

Syrian rebels have been awfully quiet lately. You can speculate why. I think you people can guess why. I won't be around until the morning updates.
>>
File: 1343620364111.jpg (145KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1343620364111.jpg
145KB, 890x890px
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/18/us-and-uk-reject-russian-offer-of-syria-airstrikes-pause?CMP=share_btn_tw
>>
What are the videos in OP's post?
>>
>>31719909
Why is our MIC shilling so shit tier in comparison? All Ameriboos get is 3 minute commercials full of board room buzzword trash.
>>
Afrin Kurds killed 2 FSA

https://twitter.com/Gencturk122/status/788449648327274496
>>
File: BoljiMnogo.jpg (267KB, 1024x1014px) Image search: [Google]
BoljiMnogo.jpg
267KB, 1024x1014px
>>
Russian disco

https://twitter.com/ahmadalkhtiib/status/788261518664167428
>>
>>31719404
They're just cucks. When Mandic isn't around everyone loses their balls and stumbles on who will be the one to create the next thread.
>>
>>31721168

Protip: Most of the good MIC shilling is marketed directly towards politicians and the military.
>>
The Turk rebels and at least Afrin canton are going to fight either tomorrow morning or the next day. It will be interesting to see what the Turk tanks and air force do and what the US will do.
>>
>>31719607
>>31719615

Interesting. But any sources?

I knew the Arab spring in Egypt was a result of increased costs in food, but this is new to me.
>>
File: 6631121.png (768KB, 871x1542px) Image search: [Google]
6631121.png
768KB, 871x1542px
Is Syria the worlds most embarrassing country? In b4 crying MIDF
>>
>>31718785
Solemani is a stupid subhuman sand nigger. His "strategy" in Syria & Iraq failed and required bailing out by Russia & US to get anywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 500x572px
>>31724026
>>
https://twitter.com/ald_aba/status/788510618856919040 Here is some fighting near Mosul featuring one of those sweet homemade 23mm rifles
>>
>>31723696
US won't do shit, Afrin canton is not that relevant for US anti-ISIS efforts whilst Turkey is a major ally, whether you like it or not.

Erdogan probs just wants the villages that the Kurds stole earlier in the year back without getting too close to the SAA (some believe Erdogan and Putin made a deal regarding Turkey's Syria op, hence why Turkey has been almost silent on Aleppo while everyone else is screaming about muh bunker buster bombs)
>>
>>31724042
I think it's that the attrition of the war was working against him (esp. since the SAA wanted to hold onto irrelevant shit like Idlib and was stupidly overstretched), nothing wrong with him as a commander
>>
>>31722918
this. I try to start threads but my current schedule makes my activity on here schizophrenic in nature.

>>31719607
>>31719615
>someone else understands the correlation between economic growth (particularly in the agrarian sector when looking at Syria) and the possibility of conflict.

Im so happy. It's a topic that is overlooked when people try to figure out which countries are prone to possible civil wars. What is kind of scary/surprising is that the country that will most likely have a civil war when one looks at the economic growth, steep demographic changes, the GINI index, individual freedoms and style of government is China, according to Professor Allen Sens (Canadian security expert in the field of nuclear weapons and civil unrest/wars, and coincidentally one of my profs at Uni).
On another note, European states are preparing for what they see as a wave of radicalized nationalist returning home when ISIL falls. This has sparked fears that the jihadists that return home will attempt to continue their offensive Jihad and will attempt to create larger cells in their European home states.

It's gonna be interesting to see how the local authorities handle the waves of civilians and ISIL fighters (which are faking being civilians) that are attempting to flee the city.
>>
>>31723999
>Interesting. But any sources?

Should be pretty well known for people ITT, just use google.

>The drought caused 75 percent of Syria's farms to fail and 85 percent of livestock to die between 2006 and 2011, according to the United Nations. The collapse in crop yields forced as many as 1.5 million Syrians to migrate to urban centers, like Homs and Damascus.
https://news.vice.com/article/the-drought-that-preceded-syrias-civil-war-was-likely-the-worst-in-900-years

>Syria’s drought 'has likely been its worst in 900 years'
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/mar/02/syrias-drought-has-likely-been-its-worst-in-900-years

As for the reason behind the droughts, well that's a mixed bag. Seems like weather science is closer to Scientology so who knows exactly.
The Turkish damn is definitely part of the reason, over use of water and dwindling aquifers is also likely. It happened in a number of neighboring countries as well.

>>31725280
I agree with your assessment, the Kurdish advance is quite odd. Perhaps it's a kind of negotiating tactics. Yeah we'll retreat from X villages we recently captured, but will keep, a few of them.

>villages that the Kurds stole earlier
Interesting wording, especially considering many of these villages were Kurdish pre-civil war. I guess the Turkish backed rebels are going to steal them from the Kurds and the SAA is stealing neighborhoods in Aleppo.
>>
>>31725839
>Yeah we'll retreat from X villages we recently captured, but will keep, a few of them.
it might have to do with the fact that they need to juggle the allotment of territory. Given that the territory captured has to be shared between the Kurds, Iraqi army, Shiite militias, Sunni militias and the Turkmen, it might seem weird from a military point of view, but from a political point of view it makes sense why they'd relegate some territory to other actors that might not be so friendly to them.

Also, despite Turkey's inclusion in the offensive, Russia has threatened that if Turkish troops enter Mosul, Russia will "liberate Cyprus from its Turkish regime" i.e. force the Turks to cede Cyprus and withdraw.

The source I found that reported this is AWD. Will try to corroborate the report if I find any more sources that state the same thing.
>>
>>31725839
>Interesting wording, especially considering many of these villages were Kurdish pre-civil war.

Kek was more referring to that time when the "FSA" got so BTFO by ISIS they had to give up one of the larger villages in exchange for safe passage through Kurd territory as FSA territory was split into two pockets, I can't remember the details exactly
>>
Shit post to bump. A lot of action, mainly coalition bombardment ongoing in the Mosul offensive now. Back in Aleppo rebels rejected a Russian approved 8 hour to withdraw truce. Who knows maybe today will be a lot more exciting than Tuesday which was slow by Syrian standards (other than the FSA/YPG flare up)
>>
https://twitter.com/geopolitiquee/status/788611892533141504
Breaking IS video of a SVBIED on Pesh in Hamdaniya 40 mins ago. Heavy air raids there as well. Looks like IS finally showing their teeth.
>>
>>31727778
Rudaw live stream up. This might good today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cveVoKXvYEY
>>
So if this drought cause is accurate, will the immigration from the middle east to Europe due to the resource strain only get worse? Will the entire region go so dry an exodus(and the brutal levels of warfare related to it) is inevitable?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (120KB, 1891x862px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
120KB, 1891x862px
>>31727778
But when do I get mine?
>>
>>31727997
how the fuck do they even drill the gun barrel
>>
>>31728048
Pretty sure they take them from zsu23's
>>
>>31727990
>will the immigration from the middle east to Europe due to the resource strain only get worse?

The EU has no one but itself to blame for the rapefugees. Had they literally said, "No you cannot come here, fuck off we're full." there would be NO migrant crisis.

I hope states like Poland and Hungary continue to give Brussels the finger over this.
>>
>>31727990
ME is irrelevant compared to around a billion people that will be affected by drought due to shrinking Himalayan glaciers or desertification in sub Saharan africa, reduction in Niger river and explosive growth in Congo basin. There are hundrads of millions of sub Saharan's that are too poor to get to Europe, in decade or two they will be capable of making the journey. That Sub Saharan immigration is going to kill Europe, with Muslims, countries can claim cultural differences, no possibility of integration without sounding racist but with sub Saharans only reason will be because they are black since most of them speak English or French and are Christian.
>>
File: 1321114933822.jpg (3KB, 126x124px) Image search: [Google]
1321114933822.jpg
3KB, 126x124px
In Aleppo, the terrorists took hostage its Western instructors.

This explains the hysterical panic in the United Nations in connection with the Russian actions

in the media leaked sensational information explaining why Suddenly Western countries so painfully react to the bombing of Russian VKS near the city of Aleppo, which hold so-called representatives opposition interspersed with frank bandits under the black flag.

The fact is that the thugs, trapped in a desperate situation in besieged city took hostage of their foreign instructors, asking the West to their (thugs, not trainers) protected. Otherwise, the West, which is trying to overthrow Assad did not disdain to support the most notorious thugs threaten huge trouble.
>>
A turkish twitter account reported that the Euphrates Shield Rebels declared Tel Rıfat, held by the SDF/YPG, as military zone, one hour ago. There is also some reports of clashes and shelling between the Rebels and SDF/YPG along where their lines meet, south of Mare.

Also, an pro Rebel twitter account that I never seen before, "FSA News", is claiming that the Rebels took back all of the 1070 apartments.
>>
>>31719909
19:15 has the only footage I've ever seen of Russian ATGM from helicopter. One even hits a moving truck.

Pretty cool.
>>
File: 1476881018003.jpg (62KB, 803x535px) Image search: [Google]
1476881018003.jpg
62KB, 803x535px
The sounds of war blend together in a long catastrophic connotations. Fighters, explosions, machine guns.

We here a cry for help over the unencrypted radio used by IS.
- Are we allowed to abandon our positions? an appeal from a IS-figther to their command.

The room is black with soot after the nights fire, but the hole in the floor is even blacker. To stand at the edge is staring down into a abyss. Frightening and seemingly bottomless.

Only when someone lights a torch it is possible to imagine an end down there and when the eyes finally become accustomed you can see another hole down there - an opening to a tunnel into the earth.

When the sun came up this morning, this was still an escape route, or an assault route, here the IS-men who were set to defend their positions. The village called Shaquli, it is just over a 10 km from Mosul.

Before the major offensive began, this was an important fortification line for IS.
- Now we have killed most of them, says an officer of the Kurdish peshmerga.
He points to a burned-out car and says:
- We shot about 1000 bullets toward the car. Six people were in it, they are buried in the mounds there. What was left to bury that is.

He guides us from house to house. The Tunnel that connects them has been cleared with the help of burning car tires. If someone was still down there then ... well what a horrible death.

We step around the remains of the life here, it is remote from the hero propaganda IS themselves cabled their followers in the world. As late as last night, they were here on dirty blankets in the stench of feces and general misery. They heard to the world's most powerful war nation pour down bombs on the village and attacking ground troops approached from several directions.

If the young men from Europe's suburbs had seen this end in front of them, they still come here? For two years they had their caliphate. Now it is being torn to pieces.
>>
File: 1476880221001.jpg (51KB, 440x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476880221001.jpg
51KB, 440x800px
>>
>>31720746
He was a patsy.
>>
Inshallah, we will not be brothers!
You infidels us and traitors!
Spirit, you have no mudzhahidskogo,
does not carry you Banner Tauhidskoe!
You yourself dubbed "secular" -
This fitna, friends, trust me.
You are so many, and, sorry, wrong .
well, we, God willing, faithful!
you bomb us tread.
Many brothers you to Paradise to go.
Sunna - a word unfamiliar to you,
you still a child in chains shackled.
you have the house free, kids,
and we harness the pilots in a cage !
Do Mujahideen blood is
hot, what you give us for the "native" Blind?
and brothers eyes fearless,
Inshallah, we have for you dangerous.
matured and became bold,
Sharia because we, the faithful!
we are enemies to their knees placed -
we rebelled and the rules themselves here.
And nothing hidden apostates, pray -
They wash their blood their.
you send new instructions -
And we've got the lights of rebellion.
you tagutskaya Democracy.
Do we not brothers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD9L5gRc2wE
>>
File: AlCiadaTrans.png (2MB, 1230x632px) Image search: [Google]
AlCiadaTrans.png
2MB, 1230x632px
>>31729894
>>
File: 1448903511386.jpg (129KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
1448903511386.jpg
129KB, 1023x682px
WHAT THE FUCK ?!

https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2016/19-october-free-syrian-army-forces-take-total-control-of

REEEEEEEEE
I really hope this is fake !
>>
>>31729464
Thanks for the timecode, that was quite interesting. Is that video feed we're seeing on a screen in the cockpit, or some sort of helment mounted magic? Looks like it requires quite a bit of finesse to get on target.
>>
>>31729350
Yes there are still reported YPG/FSA clashes ongoing at this moment. About 1070. I will say the same thing about the reported rebel advance I said about the reported SAA/Hez advance in the last thread. They probably took a few buildings. Probably recaptures after losing some the other day. Besides both sides making outlandish claims over the projects the only significant news out of all this was the death of a Hezbollah special forces commander the other day in 1070. There are several versions on how he was killed making it more weird. SOHR said he was killed in a unknown location, unknown how, somewhere in Aleppo during a battle. Hezbollah says he was killed by a IED in 1070 and rebels say he was killed by a rocket. All i know for sure is yet another high ranking Hez life has ended.
>>
>>31725949
>Also, despite Turkey's inclusion in the offensive, Russia has threatened that if Turkish troops enter Mosul, Russia will "liberate Cyprus from its Turkish regime" i.e. force the Turks to cede Cyprus and withdraw.

Source for this?
>>
File: CvH6Ho-WcAAcl5N.jpg (221KB, 1100x719px) Image search: [Google]
CvH6Ho-WcAAcl5N.jpg
221KB, 1100x719px
>>31730626
Let's take a look at why these apartment buildings are so hard to take. Each one is a high rise "Soviet style" apartment building. Each building can be turned into a mini fortress. If rebels stay off the top floors they can avoid being crushed by indirect fire and continue to use the building as a position. They can move between each building with trenches. In a way it's a lot like Jobar.
>>
>>31730719
They really should flatten one house after another with concentrated fire until nothing remains there.
>>
Green-On-Blue attack in Kabul
ANA open fired on US soldiers killing 2 and wounding 3
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/20/world/asia/afghanistan-soldier-attacks-americans.html?smid=tw-nytimesworld&smtyp=cur
>>
>>31730719

These would make cool FPS maps

Like Pavlov House for RO2 times 50 in density
>>
There seems to be a fair bit of coverage of the Iraqi advance on the BBC lately.
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-37701250

Why the fuck is a retard like General Abbas leading an assult? You got tanks on a motherfucking open desert, against enemies who doesn't have air or armour, this by all definition should be a cake walk. How the fuck did he get pushed back?

I could probably do a better job and my best military acomplishment was winning a game of PR once as the commander.
>>
>>31731002
>I could probably do a better job and my best military acomplishment was winning a game of PR once as the commander.
this is how 50-75% of /k/ is and thinks
>>
>>31731042

>But it works on wargame
>>
>>31731002
What is TOWs.
>>
To recapitulate some news of the day:

>1.
Rebels in north Aleppo, with help of turkish artillery, start shelling kurdish controlled territory.
They warn the kurds to completely evacuate Tal Rifaat and everything east of it, and that they'll start an offensive in 48h.
Bonus point for the SAA/russians bombing the rebels with airstrikes in the area.

>2.
Turkish army enter Syria south of Afrin, possibly to open another entry point for them and directly help the rebels in the area.

>3.
SAA completely loses 1070 Housing Project to the rebels.

>4.
SAA is attacking both Souran and Taybat al-Imam. Rebels call for help from JFS.

>5.
In western Ghouta, more than a thousand rebels and their families are being evacuated from Moadimyia and Qaboun to Idlib.
Rebels are trying to resist in Der Khabeya, but the future doesn't seem sunny for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 371x209px
>>31725375
>China
>most likely for civil war
>not Africa/South Asia/Middle East/Venezuela

I recommend this prescription for your professor.
http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm498442.htm
>>
>>31729096
>The EU has no one but itself to blame for the rapefugees. Had they literally said, "No you cannot come here, fuck off we're full." there would be NO migrant crisis.

And if the US hadn't destabilized the entire Middle East by starting 3 wars in it the crisis would never have happened.

The EU is following international law by granting asylum to refugees. Unlike America, they stand by what they preach.
>>
>>31731322
I'm gonna wait for independent confirmation of 1070's fall
>>
>>31725949
>Given that the territory captured has to be shared between the Kurds, Iraqi army, Shiite militias, Sunni militias and the Turkmen

I replied to a guy talking about Efrin though.
I do see what you're saying in relation to Mosul area.

>Russia has threatened that if Turkish troops enter Mosul, Russia will "liberate Cyprus from its Turkish regime"
I very very much doubt they have the capability to do so.
No doubt Russia knows this so I doubt they would make such an idle threat.
Even if the Russians have the capability, I doubt they would care enough about Mosul to threaten to do this. I doubt they care enough about Syria to threaten with this.... And there they are actually invested.

>>31726076
Ah, I see :)
I remember this.

>>31727990
>So if this drought cause is accurate
The drought is 'part' of the cause. The situation in Egypt was not much better. But the government was willing to meet the demands of the protesters and Mubarak stood down.

Not saying Assad had to stand down, initially the protesters' expectations were pretty low. But sending the Shabiha in was definitely not the right move. What works against a few dissidents here and there fails against masses.
>>
File: CvI_MBOXgAA4rtw.jpg (90KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
CvI_MBOXgAA4rtw.jpg
90KB, 1200x630px
>>31731438
I would wait for proof too.
Pic is a underground terrorist base of operations in northern Homs. They claim these are school children with their teacher , you decide.
>>
>>31731463
>hey claim these are school children with their teacher

Yeaaaah, riiiiight
>>
>>31731463
Looks like my school in Baltimore
>>
File: Oris.jpg (135KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Oris.jpg
135KB, 1000x666px
>>
>>31731345

Venezuela will be a straight up coup, even the most fanatical elements of the Venezuelan army won't stand with Chavists when their men stop receiving food.

The failure of peace talks in Colombia may provide a contingent of foreign fighters that will complicate things, but it's 50/50 on whether it happens
>>
>>31731002
The main thing you don't understand is how LITTLE control a commander in real life has. Especially when those under him are incompetent.

You depend on others for everything, getting correct information, good assessments, getting your orders to the field commanders and those commanders executing properly and improvising well.
High commanding officers have much more impact in times of peace, building and training the force. With some forces a high command has good enough control.

This is not RTS.

>>31731393
Which 3 would that be? The US started one war in the ME and that was in 2003.
The Libyan war was spearheaded by Euros.
And the Syrian one started for internal reasons.

But all of this is besides the point. The ME has been engulfed in wars, some times worse than anything we're seeing now, for most of the century. Why has the 'refugee' crisis happen just now?
Because Merkel invited these people and worked to keep the borders open.
There is nothing in international law that makes the Greeks or even more so the Germans accept people who have been living in refugee camps in Turkey for a couple of years already. And that's for the "refugees" who are Syrian at all.
>>
>>31731622
>Which 3 would that be? The US started one war in the ME and that was in 2003.
Yes.
>The Libyan war was spearheaded by Euros.
Wrong. The US voted for it in the EU, launched the first strikes on Libya, and did 70% of the bombing. Furthermore, only our and the French special forces were on the ground.
Libya was mostly the US, alongside the French and Brits. Correct, we were doing their bidding, but without us the intervention would not have happened.

Finally
>Afghanistan
>>
>>31731622
>There is nothing in international law that makes the Greeks or even more so the Germans accept people who have been living in refugee camps in Turkey
[Citation needed]

The UNHOR treaty is very clear on refugees.

Yes Merkel made it worse, but let's not forget that before she told them all to come in June 2015 Germany already had recieved 500.000 of the 1.4 million in 2015.
>>
As reports of Turkish air force jets bombing YPG targets come in after reports of Ruaf bombing Turkish backed FSA in support of the YPG this has to be the most passive aggressive proxy war ever. They are literally flying next to each other bombing each others proxy forces.

I'm out till the morning reports.
>>
>>31732391
The UNHOR treaty is very clear on refugees.

Yes it is, do you mean the
>The core principle is non-refoulement, which asserts that a refugee should not be returned to a country where they face serious threats to their life or freedom.

Syrian refugees have been living in Turkey for years, many have remained in Turkey since. It's clear that Turkey has offered these people asylum it's clear that in Turkey they do not face a threat for their life. And so they lose their status of a refugee as per point 2 of the definition of "refugee" in the treaty.

Yes, refugees and "refugees" have been trickling into Europe for decades. The liberal governments of the EU countries are to blame for refusing to uphold the laws or even giving a shit about their native population.

>>31732372
>France and UK bring up the idea of a no fly zone
>France and UK push for a vote in the UN
>France starts enforcing the no-fly zone

>A French plane has fired the first shots in Libya as enforcement of the UN-mandated no-fly zone begins.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-12795971

>NATO only joins AFTER France has already began enforcing the no-fly zone
Here is what NATO had to say after French planes already started engaging targets:
>"We've not yet decided to go for a no-fly zone," said a Nato official. "We've moved on from planning. That's complete. But now the allies have to decide what decisions to take in terms of next steps."

Yes, the US did help their allies and was not at all against the intervention. But it would not have happened without the French and Brits pushing for it. It likely would have still happened in a lower key without the US.

>but without us the intervention would not have happened.
Pure speculation. US vote in the UN was not needed. The military might of the Euros was sufficient.
>>
>>31732473
Lmao

I'm currently writing a foreign policy memo on the middle east. Quite difficult.
>>
>>31732602
You are telling me all the refugees formerly were in Turkey?

>france fired first
Okay? Well your article clearly states that the US and UK fired a few minutes afterwards.
Also, it is retarded to argue this point. At this time the No-Fly Zone had already been agreed upon in the UNSC.

>But it would not have happened without the French and Brits pushing for it.
Pure speculation from you.
The US also pushed for it. It was our leverage that helped make China abstain from the vote.
>It likely would have still happened in a lower key without the US.
Actually no. The French and Brits both said before the UNSC vote that they would respect it.
>>
File: CvIq65LWIAEk9Gc.jpg (71KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
CvIq65LWIAEk9Gc.jpg
71KB, 528x960px
https://twitter.com/PeshmergaNews/status/788539352603303936
ISIS fighter surrounded by Peshmerga blew his suicide belt, but failed to inflict casualties
They were pretty damn close, too
>>
>>31732653
>It was our leverage that helped make China abstain from the vote.
Completely meaningless

> The French and Brits both said before the UNSC vote that they would respect it.
The US was not needed for the UNSC vote to pass. It was never in jeopardy. The question was weather anyone is going to enforce it. Given the lengths France and the UK went to push for the intervention, they would have gone for it even without US sending military hardware.

France has pretty much proven they are willing to engage in solo interventions in Mali. Sure the US aided them with logistics there, something that was not needed in the case of Libya.

>You are telling me all the refugees formerly were in Turkey?
The Syrian ones? aka the real refugees? Yes pretty much.
But the question is irrelevant. Even if it's just 80%+ of them. As I said, Turkey has been providing asylum for Syrians for years. Almost every Syrian refugee that ended up in Europe has crossed perfectly safe Turkey and had access to refugee camps and safety.

Once a refugee is granted these, he is no longer a refugee. If he chooses to asylum shop he is a migrant, or an invader.

You are saying that Australia for example is in breach of the refugee treaty because they jail illegal migrants, even those who claim they are refugees and come from less stable countries.
>>
>>31732372
Afghanistan isn't the middle east you paint drinking chuckle fuck
>>
>>31725375
Chinese who fail at life usually contribute their failure on themselves and not on "the regime". Chinese are simply better people than Arabs/Niggers, and have a much better discipline and work-ethics (that is, when they work for their own career and not for your western investor who wants to make quick bucks). This is why China is stable despite all that GINI and muh oppression meme being spouted in Western MSM and academia.

t.sinologist specializing in modernization theories.
>>
>>31729142
the reason is because they're poor. The pro immigration will call the anit's all racist, but the reason is because they're poor. There is literally no reason to take poor imigrants in a rich country anymore.
>>
>>31733200
the middle east is everything between Turkey and India. Nothing of value throughout the whole thing.
>>
>>31729619
clearing tunnels with burning tires is brilliant. I always see video of the US in vietnam sending in tunnel rats and it drives me nuts. Why risk someone's life for that?
>>
>>31729244
Proofs
>>
File: Zlatan.jpg (212KB, 1027x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Zlatan.jpg
212KB, 1027x1200px
>>
File: 1463454025689.jpg (33KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
1463454025689.jpg
33KB, 500x448px
>>31733333
That's right buddy, cultural differences don't exist at all. Everyone has the same customs and ethics, it's just economic status that divides us! Thank you for correcting the record.
>>
>>31733333
The problem is that there wont be that many anti-immigration because there will be no politicians that will stand with them. Like I said, its relatively easy to get up in Poland and say we don't want no Syrians, they are Muslims, they don't integrate, they have a different culture, they don't speak our language. Now, what do you say when its Nigerians or Congolese, that they are black, immediately racists, that they are poor, we should give them the opportunity.

Add to that population aging and its going to be a mix of we need them, they will integrate, they speak our language, we have similar Christian culture and before you know it we will have black Poles of Congolese decent.

Not that I have a problem with it anyway. No one is coming to my little Balkan hell hole but I am just commenting on events that I think will unfold.
>>
>>31732888
>enabling the no-fly zone
>Completely meaningless

>>
>>31733200
wew

The term "Middle East" may have originated in the 1850s in the British India Office.[6] However, it became more widely known when American naval strategist Alfred Thayer Mahan used the term in 1902[7] to "designate the area between Arabia and India".[8][9] During this time the British and Russian Empires were vying for influence in Central Asia, a rivalry which would become known as The Great Game. Mahan realized not only the strategic importance of the region, but also of its center, the Persian Gulf.[10][11] He labeled the area surrounding the Persian Gulf as the Middle East, and said that after Egypt's Suez Canal, it was the most important passage for Britain to control in order to keep the Russians from advancing towards British India.[12] Mahan first used the term in his article "The Persian Gulf and International Relations", published in September 1902 in the National Review, a British journal.

The Middle East, if I may adopt a term which I have not seen, will some day need its Malta, as well as its Gibraltar; it does not follow that either will be in the Persian Gulf. Naval force has the quality of mobility which carries with it the privilege of temporary absences; but it needs to find on every scene of operation established bases of refit, of supply, and in case of disaster, of security. The British Navy should have the facility to concentrate in force if occasion arise, about Aden, India, and the Persian Gulf.[13]
>>
>>31731603
The peace talks aren't a failure. They just need to renegotiate the deal so that the public accepts it in the referendum (which is something that should never have happened anyways, direct democracy for complicated issues is stupid)
>>
>>31733352
Afghanistan is South Asia.
>>
>>31733901
semantics, it's full of peaceful sandpeople carbombing each other living like savages.
Constantinople-India is all the same shit.
>>
Minor fighting still ongoing in Northern Aleppo, fighting on land has stopped, while Turkey has continued to bomb YPG positions, notably targeting the towns of; Tall Rifat, Der Ballout and Efrin.
>>
>>31724026
I'd say Iraq.
>>
Regarding the turkish incursion south of Afrin.

Turkish army entered near the town of Aqrabat to open a new corridor into rebel territory and prepare for a possible advance toward Afrin.
Unfortunately for them, the locals forced them to withdraw, so they're just chilling along the border.
For now.
>>
>after all this time and no direct chinese support via airstrikes, troops on the ground, etc...

seems like it would be a good way for the chinese military as a whole to get some experience.
>>
>>31733719
Notice how it talks about the Persian gulf, which Afghanistan isn't near
>>
>>31734604

Notice how you ignored the part where it said, "...between Arabia and India."
>>
File: Hopscotch_to_oblivion.jpg (308KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hopscotch_to_oblivion.jpg
308KB, 768x1024px
>>31731597
>tfw you will never snipe rebels with an SSG 08
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.