[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feels like shit might go down soon guys. Was hoping for some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 20140606_164118.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20140606_164118.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Feels like shit might go down soon guys. Was hoping for some advice on arming myself. Looking for a rifle and a handgun that I can use to keep my family safe if shit does hit the fan. Any ideas K?

>pic related: senpaitachi guard dog

I would like them to be hardier weapons that can go through some shit and keep firing.

Something that uses the most widely available ammo. By this I mean, in times of scarcity which rounds are still likely to be available. I have been asking around and I have been told to go with Nato rounds for the rifle and 9mm rounds for the handgun. Does that makes sense to ya'll or should i be looking at a different calibers.

Nothing super advanced as I am a novice.

I would prefer they not be super expensive but I am def willing to spend if that is what it takes to get a reliable weapon.

Something that does not jam easily.

So far I have been told to get an AR-15 for the rifle, but have not found a consensus on the handgun. I was also told to by a lower reciever and upper reciever instead of just buying the AR out right as it is much cheaper that way.

Any info/advice would be appreciated. Stay safe out there anons.
>>
Senpaitachi huh? K is a strange place.
>>
>>31718081
The fan wars are definitely upon us, it's best you get a shit launcher to best prepare yourself. Look for launchers of Indian manufacture, they're experts on the matter.

Or just buy a Glock. This "I need a gun for SHTF" drivel is discussed ad nauseum here on /k/.
>>
>>31718107
Just looking for advice anon. I dont know wtf i am doing and it seems all the gunbros around dont either. Sorry to bore you, just didnt know where else to go.
>>
>>31718107
Ty for the bump though
>>
Sorry to cancer up you board fellas. I tried asking in a couple threads but wasnt getting any (You)s.
>>
>>31718081
1. Ruger sr9e 9mm
2. Mossberg 500
3. Savage axis in .308
>>
1. Glock 9mm $300-$500

2. Mossberg 590 (heavier, better parts) $375

3. NEW WASR 10, chrome lined barrel, non canted barrel. $600-$700
>>
Go take a class from an instructor that teaches fighting, not shooting

What you want is either an AR 15 (BCM, Daniel defense, spike tactical) or an AK (arsenal, MAK-90)
>>
>>31718520
And a Glock 19 for the handgun
>>
>>31718500
The shotgun is a great idea. A Mossberg 500 or 590A1 would be perfect
>>
>>31718081
Literrally anything that shoots a .223, anything that shoots 9mm, anything that shoots 12 gauge.

Dont worry about picking the perfect gun either, they wont be your last.
>>
>>31718526
No thanks, I'm not looking for a hand grenade
>>
>>31718081
Ya to really idiot proof it just buy a glock g19 or g17. It wont NOT shoot bullets. U could probably lubrucate it with dirt and it would still shoot. ARs are sort of a hard design to fuck up but go with a nice brand. FN herstal Colt Daniel Defense off the top of my head.
>>
>>31718394
>>31718500
>>31718520
>>31718526
>>31718532
>>31718548
>>31718559

Ty much fellas. Sorry to shit up your board with this. Really appreciate you guys taking time to help me out.
>>
>>31718550
What makes you say that? Ive been getting a lot of glock recommendations, if there is a good reason to avoid them let me know because I am really leaning that way for my handgun purchase.
>>
>>31718550
Are you trying to be stupid? Glocks are incredibly reliable, don't think you need to shoot +P+++
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.