[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosul thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: pvtpratt.png (3MB, 1904x1070px) Image search: [Google]
pvtpratt.png
3MB, 1904x1070px
Ctrl f
Mosul
>0 results found

WTF /k/?
dont you care that the biggest fucking battle of the decade is happening right now?

I'm by no means an expert so I'm calling the usual guys that do the Middle east theads

It's the first day of the offensive that took months to prep, and I'm too high to be bothered to fill in the rest of this shit

Links: educate yourself
watch the news faggot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YnlX4CkPDY
some live stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsCT6LO8qg

let's get this shit going!

So anyone know who these guys are?
>>
>>31717377
>So anyone know who these guys are?

Airsofters, judging by the plastic "battlefield replica" helmets.
>>
>>31717377
Have you tried the Middle East thread?

They're probably discussing Mosul there.
>>
It's funny to watch the Kurds, Shia Arabs and Turks fighting to death in Mosul for the sake of Clinton's election ratings and Obama's political legacy.
>>
File: 1475215727340.jpg (176KB, 797x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475215727340.jpg
176KB, 797x1024px
> the biggest fucking battle of the decade

What is Aleppo?
>>
>>31717602

Mosul is a shitty city with lots of destroyed infrastructure. They're not kevlars, they're bump helmets to protect from debris and concussive damage.
>>
>>31717377
>the biggest fucking battle of the decade
biger than the Aleppo's siege? I don't think so
>>
>>31718682

... wut?

It's their fucking country. It got invaded. They'd like that to not be the case anymore.

And the Turks feel like they have a historical claim to Mosul, and very well might try to snatch it.
>>
>>31719039

I feel bad saying it, but I get kinda hard thinking about Aleppo like that. All bare and exposed... violated by people it thought it could trust.

Unh....

It's as close to a legit SHTF scenario as you get without a global breakdown. It's the kind of shit /k/ommandos fantasize about daily.

But Mosul will be bad.

>Three MAJOR (for the region) military forces coming in from various angles

>An entrenched enemy embedded among a civilian population.

>None of those militaries are known for being particularly sensitive to the needs of civvies.

>It's a Kurd town, so two of those three forces don't give two shits about killing civs at all. Turks might actively pursue it.

>The bridges are blown, which means the western side of the city is going to be a strategic nightmare. Remember that it took weeks for ISIS to effectively cross the river while they were still there.

>Mosul bridge is back in play, meaning massive potential damage to downriver settlements

>Their fallback point will be Hawijah, another heavily fortified zone.

It might not be like Aleppo, but it WILL be awful.
>>
>>31717377
It's just Saudi-American propaganda, the real deal is Aleppo.
>>
>>31717602
Are you legit retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>31719126

Why would it be Saudi-American propaganda?

Surely if they had a propaganda plan, they wouldn't want to distract the media from making hay over civilian deaths in the Aleppo fighting.
>>
>>31719126
What is aleppo?
>>
>>31717377
Opsec, son.
>>
File: 1437150131637.jpg (68KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
1437150131637.jpg
68KB, 800x554px
>>31717602
>Airsoft weekend in Mosul
I don't thing that ZU-23-2 will be shooting BB's
>>
>>31719118
Mosul isn't Kurdish
>>
>>31722355

At least one anon knows his shit, Mosul had a minor Kurdish population, that live in the outskirts of the city. Most of these joined Isis, escaped or got killed during 2014
>>
>>31722557
>Most of these joined Isis,
Why would they?
>>
>>31722355
what is mosul?
>>
>>31723288
some joined because they would be killed if they didnt

some joined due to the fact that killing, raping, and pilliaging seemed like a good time

on a more serious note, due to disenfranchisement and seeking a sense of identity

http://www.ibtimes.com/kurds-joining-islamic-state-isis-finds-unlikely-supporters-among-turkeys-disgruntled-2029924
>>
>>31719048
never let reason get between anon and his jewish new world order conspiracy, buddy
>>
>>31723960
>some joined due to the fact that killing, raping, and pilliaging seemed like a good time
When has it not?
>>
>>31723288
There was a decent amount of kurds that joined ISIS initially. Kurds are Sunni Muslim for the most part after all. But during the various advances after their defeat at Kobani, they started executing and persecuting Kurds much harsher than their non Kurds. I don't think ISIS has many Kurdish fighters left.
>>
https://twitter.com/ald_aba/status/788510618856919040 Here is some fighting near Mosul featuring one of those sweet homemade 23mm rifles
>>
>>31724446
When raping was no longer a spoil of war.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez4jsMOVf4s

Looks like an Abrams can take an ATGM when you don't shoot them in the ass.
>>
>>31727348
Shame that the clip ends right as it hits. Dont really show any results of the hit
>>
>>31719025
>Dat azov girl
Fuck, it's a double edged sword dating a Russian girl when it comes to Ukrainian and Russian shit
>>
Any new combat footage yet? I'm eating lunch right now and need to be entertained
>>
>>31728126
They are showing that they hit an American tank. Then, cut. I guess tank is still moving.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.