[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is $800 a decent price for a PSA PTAC AR-10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: SAM_1973.jpg (25KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_1973.jpg
25KB, 480x270px
Is $800 a decent price for a PSA PTAC AR-10?
>>
>PTAC

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE
>>
>>31716285
Why? I don't know shit about AR-10s
>>
>>31716292
PTAC is bottom barrel parts. I have one that's solid chambered in 5.56, but FUCK buying a PTAC in .308 matey.

No.
>>
>>31716306
Even after PSA bought them? I thought they were supposed to be better after that...
>>
>>31716306
isnt $800 bottom of the barrel price for a 308 anyways? this is pretty much getting exactly what you pay for. the price is right but its debatable if the product is worth buying.
>>
>>31716362
My point is I would risk a low end ar 10, it just sounds like trouble.

I've had no problems with my PTAC 5.56 for what it's worth
>>
>>31716352
ptac is the budget line you mongloid. you get what you pay for.
>>
>>31716456
Like I said, I don't know shit about AR-10s. I have a PTR-91 I'm very satisfied with...

Not gonna lie, I was just thinking about selling it at profit when Shillary wins
>>
>>31716407makes sense
>>
>>31716629
ptac won't blow up in your face but it won't be a precision rifle. It'll go bang and punch holes in the general direction. you can change out parts later like with any ar.
>>
>>31716706
> you can change out parts later like with any ar.
this doesnt sound right. arnt ar10s notorios for being incompatible with each other?l
>>
>>31716770
PSA's stuff is super incompatible with things
just the lower fit alone is fucked up compared to other DPMS gen 1 makers
>>
Sounds like M&P 10 territory to me.
>>
>trusting your card info to PSA
>>
>>31716770
there are 2 main standards in the .308 ar world. DPMS and Armalite. If you keep to one standard then parts should be interchangeable. Pretty much if its not an armalite ar10 then its most likely a dpms pattern rifle. so if you buy the ptac .308ar and don't like the 5 moa it prints (not sure if its this bad or good) then you can change the barrel out for something else that follows the dpms pattern. But some manufacturers like make their own dpms flavors so you have to use their shit only. And this is what causes the cluster fuck of confusion when it come to compatibility.
>>
>>31717002
PSA managed to fuck up their production to the point where charging handles weren't clearing the top of the buffer tube tower on their AR10s
>>
>>31716273

For $800 you can assemble a semi-decent starter rifle from a BCM upper, a stripped lower and LPK of your choice.
You'd have to be retarded to buy this kind of bottom of the barrel, lowest common denominator 16" carbine right now for $800.
>>
Thanks /k/omrades. Gonna tell my buddy to go fuck himself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.