[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pentagon Is No Longer Sure Yemen Fired Missiles At A US Ship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: uss mason 2_0.jpg (28KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
uss mason 2_0.jpg
28KB, 500x321px
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-17/story-changes-pentagon-no-longer-sure-yemen-fired-missiles-us-ship

"We are still assessing the situation. There are still some aspects to this that we are trying to clarify for ourselves given the threat -- the potential threat -- to our people," Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook told a news briefing."So this is still a situation that we're assessing closely."

Okay.
>>
>>31715106
>citing Zero Hedge

Meanwhile, if you actually look at the original Reuters article, it says the Navy has "confirmed" the first two incidents, it's just not sure about the Saturday one.
>>
iranians did it
>>
Translation:
>Nobody bought our Gulf of Tonkin 2.0 so we'll just quietly let it die and hope nobody remembers.
>>
>>31715180
this
>>
Given AEGIS' appalling track record at properly identifying targets (Flight 655, Flight 800), its quite possible the USN has been mis-identifying rocket artillery or tactical ballistic missiles as "anti-ship missiles coming right for us". The horizon, the place (Al-Hudaydah), the geography fit.

So: Saleh or Houthi forces fire their rockets/missiles (these aren't very accurate or long ranged BTW, more like large Grads, some with repurposed SAM motors) at targets north of Al-Luhayyah, which is occupied territory and front line in their war with the Saudis.

These missiles are FO'd and aimed from vantage points further inland. They travel east to west, falling under the visible horizon of American destroyers parked ~200km further west in the Red Sea.

Causes the USN to pee their pants, shooting off interceptors and raising a hullabaloo. Then - it happens again. Now there's "hostile intent". Tomahawks start raining down but the Houthis get bombed regularly and don't even register things as abnormal until reports work their way in and back out (explains the slow response, which took days).
>>
>>31715645
What sank HSV-2 then?
>>
>>31715736
A genuine attack, that happened 400 km away down in Bab Al-Mandab strait. Attack made over a distance of a few kms, on a re-purposed commercial ship identified using small boats and commercial marine radar. Probably the limit of actual Yemeni coastal defense capacity.
>>
>>31715645
>t. my ass
>>
>>31715645
>Flight 800
Please GO BACK TO FUCKING POL.
>>
>>31715930
>I believe all forms of propaganda the establishment feeds me
>>
>>31715964
>>>/hm/
>>
>>31715106
Zerohedge, get out.
>>
>>31715645
Aegis is not an acronym you fucking retard.
>>
File: Twa_800_flight_path.png (65KB, 766x541px) Image search: [Google]
Twa_800_flight_path.png
65KB, 766x541px
>>31715645
>Flight 800
>the US navy randomly blew up a passenger jet flying a couple miles away from new york for no reason whatsoever as part of a gigantic conspiracy that nobody can explain

Aren't there special places that people like you are supposed to live so that we don't have to listen to you speak?
>>
>>31716646
Nah, man it was used to further this attack on the mason so no one would be suspicious. These false flag people are SMART.

>TOP MINDS

>>31715964
To reiterate the other anon's question: Why would they shoot down Flight 800? What possible goal could they hope to achieve with it? Like, what's the endgame?
>>
>>31716875
There doesn't have to be an endgame. Just need some stupid people and missiles. And naval exercises, and 245 witnesses, and a coverup.
>>
>>31717017
Ok, that makes even less sense.

>Let's do a false flag?
>Why?
>No reason. Let's just do it!
>Ok.
My opponent is s liar and cannot be trusted.
>>
>>31716875
What's the next step of their master plan?
>>
>>31717148
I'm pretty sure he means the shootdown was an accident and instead of admitting it they covered it up.
>>
>>31715106
Told y'all it was probably a RPG. Did you believe me? Nope.
>>
>>31717984
I did.
>>
>>31715645
So much asspulling
>>
>>31715645
Personally, I hope more "Tomahawks reigns down" on those fucks.
>>
>>31715106
>zerohedge.com

Ok
>>
>>31715645
basically this.

Also, the Tomahawks "destoyed" SA-2 SAM radars that were already destroyed by the Saudis month ago.
>>
Russo-sand nigger damage control ITT
>>
>>31715180
Or possibly "oops we figured out it was actually the dumbfuck Saudis who shot at us."
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.