[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gun-grabbers BTFO!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: 1476574163925.jpg (172KB, 1098x999px) Image search: [Google]
1476574163925.jpg
172KB, 1098x999px
>Be me
>Grows up in liberal brown family in nice neighborhood, guns are seen as 'weird white people stuff'. Only knows about guns from movies and videogames; actually thinks Desert Eagle is the most powerful shit ever.
>Go with the flow for awhile, get interested in writing and westerns.
>Start writing a western story. Need to learn about old west revolvers, hits up Wikipedia and later some gun YouTube channels like Forgotten Weapons and Hickok45. Start developing an interest in firearms.
>Starts watching more gun stuff. Very interesting history and mechanics.Learns about all the stupid laws surrounding firearms (no fly list, SBR laws, Clinton Ban) and why they are all made by dems that are speaking out of their ass. Still haven't shot a gun before, but want to own one when I'm out of school and on my own.
>Become sole gun-advocate in family.
>Starts arguing with lib sister about firearms; "Anon, why do you want people on the no-fly list to have Assault Rifle 15 Assault weapons with high-capacity clips? Don't you know that those guns did Sandy Hook?"
>Have group SMS chat with sisters and cousins
>Big sis posts this shit on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI4bUk4vuM
>Keeps on losing in arguments about gun control
>Need help, /k/, already know about how every able-bodied person in America is the 'Well-regulated milita', but I need to know how to debunk every anti-gun argument.
>>
>>31714516
The problem is you're arguing with people whose entire world-view has been skewed away from reality. Until they rejoin reality no argument you can make will sway them away from their beliefs.

Best thing you can do is be a model gun-owner so that by example you force them to question the narrative they have been fed to them by Comedy Central and the rest of the machine.
>>
File: IMG_0039a[1].jpg (183KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039a[1].jpg
183KB, 800x533px
Please post some common anti-gun arguments and I will try to help you out answering them.
>>
>>31714516
>why do you want people on the no-fly list
>Keeps on losing in arguments about gun control
>Need help, /k/
Are you seriously saying you can't even come up with reasons to convince them why the no fly list is bad?
>>
>>31714516
Honestly when it comes to someone so far on the anti-gun side I just don't try anymore.

If they're on the fence and willing to listen it's easy to present a well formulated argument to them.

Like >>31714600 said, people like your sister are too cemented in their idiotic fantasy they won't ever trade sides. Imagine changing from the pro-gun person you are to an anti in a minute. If the answer is "I can't" then you'll understand how they feel too.
>>
>>31714516
>trying to change a family member's views on literally anything

You must still be in high school. If I were you, I would recommend waiting till you're older, starting your own family, and teach them the function and importance of firearms. It'll be far less of a headache for everyone involved.
>>
>>31714516
as if asuka could hip fire a 249 like that...
>>
>>31714516
"because I can" is the only reason that you need.
>>
>>31714516
You should give your sister a healthy dose of the D, that should help.
>>
File: B7rtMsNCQAEcJrN.png (212KB, 599x346px) Image search: [Google]
B7rtMsNCQAEcJrN.png
212KB, 599x346px
>>31714516
> 3% of mass shootings have been stopped by people legally concealing weapons.
> 92% of Mass Shootings Have Occurred in Gun-Free Zones.
>>
>the no fly list goes by name rather than SSN, Meaning innocent people can have their rights stripped simply because they share the same name as someone who the government deems "suspicious"
>>
>>31717285
This x1,000,000

That little fact is left out when people pull the whole 3% bs.
>>
>>31714516
I'm mad at you for posting that stupid fucking video and I'm glad that Larry Wilmore was removed from Comedy Central and Trevor Noah is next. Your family is shit and you need to get a job and remove yourself from them.
>>
>>31717285
> 92% of Mass Shootings Have Occurred in Gun-Free Zones.

This meme again
>>
>brown
>posts worst girl
Can't help you, get cancer and die.
>>
>>31714516
Ask them what they want to solve. Ask them if they want to FEEL good or DO good. Tell them that all rifles, (scary black salt rifles included) killed 323 people in 2011, less than half of what fists and feet killed (729). Tell them the profile of the average murderer is a young inner city man that comes from a single parent household and joined a gang, and that making law abiding citizens go through hoops to defend themselves won't solve anything. Mention all the atrocities in the last 50 years commited against disarmed people (cambodia, rwanda, etc.)
>>
Say that mass shootings are an absolute non-issue, and that they are such a statistical anomaly that being afraid of them is retarded. They will probably ask you how terrorism is any different (Trump muslim ban). Tell them that terrorism represents a group of growing numbers of people willing to kill because they hate you that much. Tell them to look at the growing number or radical islamic terrorists in France, Belgium, and UK.
>>
Lastly, tell them that if they don't like the 2A, they should move to any other country in the world.

S H A L L
>>
>>31714516
Another good statistic is salt guns make up less than 1% of all homicides commited with firearms.
>>
>>31714516
>Need help, /k/
Literally here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gun+control+doesn%27t+work

Like damn dude, half the first page is ivy league studies, this isn't hard.
>>
I hope you're still around OP:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBrxjLcuygRlG9Tgdw2CiHtV9g1kgUwZGRnieYBpwSo/edit
>>
>>31714516
Does anyone think we need updated year round FBI crime statistics and CDC research article links on US gun ownerships in the sticky?
>>
>>31718551
>I need to know how to debunk every anti-gun argument.
You best not be OP, because he asked for exactly that doc
>>
>>31717675
But I don't see Rei on there
>>
>>31716729
>Honestly when it comes to someone so far on the anti-gun side I just don't try anymore.
>If they're on the fence and willing to listen it's easy to present a well formulated argument to them.

This. My brother wasn't really a gun person when I started browsing /k/, but he was at least on the fence about it. A few good arguments later and he's just as pro-gun as I am.
>>
>>31718364
This is good and covers a lot of personality types (on both sides) but it is often pretty fucking cringey. The problem is almost always a matter of perspective and misinformation. Many of these responses are argumentative and demeaning. That is fine in some situations but it does nothing to help the OP show his sister that she is wrong.

OP, if you are close with your anti gun family, tell them that you feel differently and genuinely want them to give your perspective a try. Be prepared to defend your views with facts and be prepared for them to ultimately not change. Whether or not they respect YOUR points of view the same way you are being respectful of theirs, by not being a dick about being right, is a family matter and will speak to their character as people. Good people don't let politics affect family relationships. That's a fact and is in personality, not choice.
>>
>>31714516

Well the no fly list arguement is probably the easiest to answer even for people who are anti-gun.

Youre having your rights restricted without a trial is the problem. This can be applied to any right, no one is supposed to be able to take them from you without trial. If not, some politician who doesnt like you can ban you indefinitely from owning a gun because fuck you. I believe I heard that the chick who gave Bill Clinton a BJ is still on a no fly list today because of that.

As for owning guns in general,

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it" - my nigga TJ himself

Thats not the only arguement but it's a fantastic outlook on politics in general
>>
>>31717653
Do you have any counter-memes?
>>
>>31716515

Much like how you are required to get a permit to hold a political protest in a public street, as the first amendment allows you to do, you also need to a permit to own a weapon that insures the exercise of your right does not constitute a threat to the compelling interests of the state.

i.e, you are not a psycho, and won't misuse the gun, as opposed to your rally will have adequate police protection, toilets, etc etc etc.
>>
>>31716601
This, if they can't even comprehend what "due process" means to every citizen of this country, pro-gun arguments won't even dent the surface of their hugbox worldview.
>>
>>31716984
I saw a guy not much bigger than her firing one last weekend. If a girl wants to heave-ho a weapon, by god she will. Plenty of them in the phils less than 5 feet tall shoot heavy iron.
>>
>>31717178
"because I can" is the second worst reason you can use after "because I want to murder someone"
no one who doesn't already like guns or at least feel ambivalent towards them is going to accept that as a good reason or probably even a valid reason
>>31720674
do you have any proof?
>>31720715
does anyone have a response to this (other than "shall not be infringed")?
>>
>>31720946
>no one who doesn't already like guns or at least feel ambivalent towards them is going to accept that as a good reason or probably even a valid reason

If simply stating constitutional rights are not enough for them, then they are beyond saving and not worth your time.
>>
>>31721055
that's nice and all but what about defending those rights, making sure they aren't taken away?
>>
>>31721055

No Constitutional right is absolute. You have a right to Free speech, but you still have to go out and get a permit from the city or county before you can hold a protest rally, and that city or county can deny your permit to assemble if it fails to meet safety standards. This is what "Compelling Interest" means. The Government can deny you something that is a Constitutional right, provided there is a "Compelling Interest" to do so.

It is why you can't perform human sacrifice even under the aegis of Religious practice, as the Government has a "Compelling Interest" to prevent murder.

The issue with the Second Amendment is both sides are talking past each other. Those who are Pro-Gun assume its an absolute right (its not) and those against guns think they can just ban them all and be done with it (they can't).

The argument needs to be instead calibrating for determining just what the States "Compelling Interests" are with respect to the exercise of the right to bear arms, and craft law around that. IMO, the Compelling interest is to insure legal and mental competency to own and operate a firearm. Both of which can be met by a universal background check and a signed waiver to check medical records before you can purchase a weapon.
>>
>>31714516
You're in a position to pace and lead, first agree that safety and crime reduction are a common goal, explain how you were the same, but as you researched you realized that the best way to attain your goal is with people's right to bear arms intact and that the anti gun movement has been largely hijacked for alt political reasons, not to ensure lower crime and more freedom
>>
>>31714516
PS people are not rational, you need to persuade, look up persuasion reading list, Scott Adams, Robert cialdini(sp)
>>
>>31717733
NOT
>>
>>31721225
Eurocuck detected
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-15-21-53-21.png (785KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-15-21-53-21.png
785KB, 1080x1920px
>>31714516
Not really sure if the time or place for this green text but whatever
>be me 19yo kid
>have 2 flaming younger brothers
>since theyre gay they feel they gotta be automatically hyperliberal on every topic even if their arguments dont make sense
>dads bday rolls around
>dad and i dabbled in rootiepooshootiedoos
>tell my brothers to pitch in money for a bday present for pops
>lmaook.png
>dont tell them what its for bc they dont ask
>got pops a year membership at local range
>he takes his boys skeet shooting the next day
>my brothers protest at first but then my mom guilts them into going
>brothers bitching whole time about "extended salt clips and ak-15s" up until its their turn to shoot
>shoot 2 rounds of skeet with them
>they both get that one look (the qt3.14 liberal girl got from the libs w/ funs vid) when they hit the clay pidgeon
>later that night go to ask one of them something
>theyre browsing armslist
>mfw he asks me if mossberg is a good starter shotgun
>>
>>31721225
That permit has to do with potentially creating a hazard due to concentrating so many people in one area, not free speech. You can still say anything you want, you just can't get 400 people to block off a highway while you do it.
>>
>>31716984
It's only 5.56, the recoil isn't much. I'd be more worried about it jamming because of poor maintenance desu
>>
>>31722069
It's still an infringement on your constitutional right to peaceably assemble.
>>
>>31714516
Hey, it's a powerful tool which can be utilised to protect the sanctity of *your or someone elses* life.
>nuff said imo.
>>
>>31721895
Get them onto the Pink Pistols, if anyone needs a CCL it's LGBT people.
>>
>>31720715
A protest in a public street interrupts traffic and businesses. Owning a firearm or shooting at a range doesn't. I wouldn't mind getting a permit to shoot on a public street though.
>>
>>31714516
What you need to do is understand what sort of thing they believe is wrong with the current state of things, understand what change they want to see happen, and understand what progress they believe gun control will make towards that goal.

Most gun control advocates aren't bad people and they genuinely want what is best for everyone, they just falter in understanding how the proposed legislation they support will (or will not) affect change in the situation they hope it will address.

In general, there are two main types of arguments for and against every political policy choice: utilitarian and idealistic. Gun control/firearm freedom is no different in that respect. It is different from most political issues it is often viewed alongside in that there is a strong dominance in both utilitarian and idealistic arguments on the part of pro firearm freedom advocacy.

If they want all guns gone because they believe guns magically foment malice and cause violence and won't hear any other perspective there is no winning them over but if they want to enact gun control in order to save lives, to reduce the impact of mass shootings on the US, to reduce gang violence, to reduce accidental deaths related to guns, to reduce violent crime overall, or any of the number of other noble hopes they intend for their votes to aid in achieving one can make cases for at the very least the inefficacy of their proposed measures and the positive impact of firearms proliferation or at best a complete conversion of one from a nanny-statist to an individualist and self reliant philosophy as it relates to maintaining one's own bodily autonomy and personal soverignty.
>>
>>31714516
>>
>>31721895
>have 2 flaming younger brothers
How in the flying mortal fuck did that happen? Did they get raped the same night by the same babysitter or parish priest or some shit? Or are they just doing it for the attention?

>>31723894
Fuck them. You can arm them to the teeth and gladhand the hell out of them. It won't have the slightest impact on how the diseased prancing fucks vote.
>>
>>31724694 here, dumping a useful set of images.

It's as close to a comprehensive rebuttal of all the utilitarian arguments as I've ever seen in one place. >>31724713 is the first of the series.
>>
>>31714516
>>
>>31714516
>>
>>31714516
I stopped watching the video when the instructor was trying to teach him basic gun safety rules and he kept being a twat.

>I don't have muzzle discipline. I just want you to know, I don't obey any rules.
>>
>>31714516
>>
Trey Gowdy can help with this.
https://youtu.be/qN6w_S6Sm7c?t=3m47s
>>
>>31714516
>>
File: what_has_alchemy_done.png (88KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
what_has_alchemy_done.png
88KB, 267x200px
>>31724731
this is why you don't play with alchemy, kids
you'll end creating a cancerous tripfag
>>
>>31725109
Kek'd

but seriously Phil is time to stop posting
>>
File: Sniper-K-98-Mauser-1800x2880.jpg (1MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper-K-98-Mauser-1800x2880.jpg
1MB, 2880x1800px
>want a k98
>can't get one cause obama's laws prohibiting people on neet bux from getting them
>tfw
>>
>>31720946
The Bill of Rights plays on itself. Each right is a specific protection of the basic rights of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

It is for this reason that the Second Amendment is the most valuable right of all. You cannot restrict the rights of an armed and ready populace. All other rights exist to ensure personal freedoms and well being, but the Second Amendment exists to ensure the rights that ensure your personal freedom and well being.

The Second Amendment, the right to bear arms, is the most valuable right we have.
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 762x785px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 762x785px
>>31726327
Good
>>
>>31714516
Until they are culturally enriched and wish they had one, they aren't going to live in a world of reality. My ex wife hated guns until she got burglarized. Guess who is pro gun now?
>>
>>31724731
Fag here.

Phil is full of shit, again.
>>
>>31721225
The "death by a thousand cuts" analogy doesn't mean anything to you, does it?

Does anyone have the cake analogy comic?
>>
>>31724731
>wahhhhhhh
>gay people don't like me because I hate them
do us all a favor, when you finally blow your brains out, have somebody post it on liveleak for us
>>
>>31726911
sounds like a slippery slope argument to me
I mean, the cake analogy comic is one thing, because it points to actual legislation, that poster is making an independent statement about how rights work, and you're not refuting it
>>
>>31727315
here it is BTW
can anyone say how accurate these fractions are?
>>
>>31727392
The problem with gun laws is that they only exist to appease people who complain about mass shootings by making it seem as if a solution is presented when in reality they just create obstructions for law-abiding gun owners. If a psychopath shoots decides to shoot up a school, it makes little difference whether he's carrying a glock brand glock or an AR-15 with extended high-capacity assault clips firing fully semi-automatic; you'll have a school shooting with potentially dozens dead either way. Regulation is piss poor and ineffective in that regard.
>>
>>31717285
>3% of mass shootings have been stopped by people legally concealing weapons
Maybe because they were stopped before it could become a mass shooting? Did they ever think of that?
>>
Here you go OP, sit any grabber down and make them read this, do not let them get up until they have read the whole thing.

http://monsterhunternation.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/
>>
>>31727566
I know, but portraying laws like that as taking half your guns away is pretty inaccurate
>>
>>31721245
BE
>>
>>31724731
you're a bigger faggot than all of the people in that pic combined
>>
>>31724731
its always lovely to watch the fags sperg out whenever Phil comes in with the Bantz and the truth.

Keep it up Phil, you are doing God's work
>>
>>31727603
Shit, thanks a million anon. That was a really good read. This article is like a nuke for gun grabbers.
>>
>>31716729
>well formulated argument
I also gave up giving them arguments, I ask questions instead. Problem is, oftentimes dickheads just give me blank stares and demonstrate inability or unwillingness to think, in this case I just stop the discussion and walk away. However, smart people do try to answer these questions, and inevitably come to the same conclusions we did here.
>>
>>31722753
>peaceably

>infringing on other's rights by obstructing their movement

>"""""""peaceably"""""""
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.