[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beginner's first range-trip...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: gunbrands.png (463KB, 598x902px) Image search: [Google]
gunbrands.png
463KB, 598x902px
What hand-fun brands, models, etc. would you recommend a beginner with no experience rent at a range? Why would you recommend them? What was your experience like shooting it and what should the beginner be careful of? My neighborhood has been getting dangerous lately and I'm going to be learning to care for/shoot handguns from my veteran-friend before taking a concealed carry class. Image related: brands of firearms/accessories the store keeps in-stock and rents for range-shooting.
>>
>>31714204
If you're just renting, try everything to find something you like.
>>
>>31714227
Don't buy something until you've shot it. It sucks to have a first gun that you don't enjoy shooting.
>>
>>31714227
Are you saying I should just rent anything and try it out?

>>31714255
That is my plan. I'll be trying her pistol and her wheelgun and rented guns at the range/shop before I buy. My issue is I'm not sure what to rent and I want something easy enough to clean, etc. without having to have an army-like education even if I am learning the basics of gun-care and shooting from a vet.
>>
File: 1475161873499.png (422KB, 669x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1475161873499.png
422KB, 669x1023px
>>31714327
yes!
>>
a 9mm full size. Ask for that and they'll give you some options, pick the one you like.
>>
File: dickies_stonewash_back.jpg (351KB, 1563x2000px) Image search: [Google]
dickies_stonewash_back.jpg
351KB, 1563x2000px
>>31714387
Will I be able to conceal a full-size with normal clothing such as jeans or over-alls, a belt, jacket, hoodie, etc? images related: what I wear for work every day.
>>
File: dickies_stonewash_front.jpg (361KB, 1563x2000px) Image search: [Google]
dickies_stonewash_front.jpg
361KB, 1563x2000px
>>31714536
I was thinking it might be possible to conceal it by having it behind the front-chest section of the bibs or near my hip somehow. I normally keep my wallet in the right-breast pocket along with my leatherman, pen in the center pen pocket, a notepad and flashlight in the left-pocket along with my keys.
>>
>>31714536
>>31714566
Or would it be more reasonable to just strap a gun to my thigh where I can get to it by unzipping my fly? The fly is wonderfully large on a nice pair of Dickies.

I just need something small enough to conceal in my normal clothes is all and I'd love to try out guns that could fit that bill at the range.
>>
>>31714536
>>31714566
HAAAAAAA nigga if thats what ur wearin to work every day gtfo this thread and get a real job or maybe some college gahahahahahajajjaahha
>>
I don't know what else your friend is bringing but if you have zero firearms experience a subcompact pistol is not pleasant to shoot. Try to get an idea of what you actually want in a pistol after handling them before you start focusing on specific models and it will be much easier to find a good one. Most full sizes have compact and subcompact counterparts now. The fire type is also the other big thing you'll notice. Double actions feel a lot different than single action only, etc.
>>
>>31715356

/b/ pls go
>>
>>31714204
.38 revolver.
>>
>>31715369
That actually makes a lot of sense, thank you.

>>31715378
Like a S&W M36?

>>31715356
get /out/.
>>
>>31715372
Nigga i was on /b/ when there was only 2 boards.

>>31715436
Sry friendo i dont go on shit boards
>>
>>31715378
Are you the one with a black girl fetish or am I thinking of a different /k/ trip?
>>
>>31715466
Thats the nigga that got caught fappin to the fag anime and is all "liberals are a cancer look at these homos parade ruining america" prolly wears thosr overalls like op lmao
>>
bumping thread for the night. See you in six-eight hours /k/
>>
Good morning /k/. Can we continue where we left off or was this discussion pretty much done?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.