[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Throwing weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: Shuriken.jpg (50KB, 327x420px) Image search: [Google]
Shuriken.jpg
50KB, 327x420px
I gotta be honest, /k/. I want some shurikens.
>>
>>31712203
I'm kind of surprised no one on /k/ has any interest in/knowledge of this subject.
>>
>>31712203
Throwing a knife of any kind in a fight is retarded.

There is only two outcomes that would logically happen.

The first of which, and the most probable, is you hit the person with the knife, it doesn't do anything, he now has a knife.

Second of which is that you hit the person with the knife, it cuts him, he is now really mad and now has a knife.

Throwing a knife is a mathematical event that has to all add up to work. Learning how to throw a knife, from a specific distance, into a fixed target, and with a consistent success rate is difficult.

Throwing a knife into a moving target at a distance you don't exactly know and attempting to hit a specific spot to achieve any kind of damage is damn near impossible.

Throwing knives just for fun though is great. Reason why our booth does so good at the RenFest.
>>
File: 1470989466577.jpg (13KB, 241x250px) Image search: [Google]
1470989466577.jpg
13KB, 241x250px
>OP doesn't ask question
>OP is surprised he didn't get answer
>>
>>31713822

From what I understand, throwing weapons like knives and axes were more for disrupting an enemy rather than to actually damage him.

To make your enemy stop and block or dodge or to stop and brace himself. Likely to gain the momentum in a fight, or to make running away easier.
>>
The authentic ones are basically iron square discs with sharp edges and 6" nails. The nails take some practice because you throw them with your thumb and use your extended fingers as a guide. The discs can be moderately accurate to about 10 feet but are not aerodynamic. You grab a stack of them and fling them all at the same time.
So if you really want some real ones you can probably make them yourself. They are meant to be thrown away after all. You can go to a hardware store, pick up sheet metal, construction nails, a Dremel or skill saw, and a cheap diamond stone. It's like a rainy day activity set that leaves holes in walls.
>>
Hey guys, if you were to have a throwing spear, if your life ever came down to it, should you only carry one? Because if you miss your shot then your dead, so there's no point in having more than one javelin. Right?
>>
>>31714506
You get an atlatl or an assagai instead. Spear chucking is so 70's.
>>
>>31714506
>Should you fail to be adequately prepared on the off chance that you'll pleb up and die?

Sure, and you should take up smoking on the off chance that something will kill you before tobacco does.
>>
>>31714650

If your opponent has a gun, you are only going to get one toss at them at best, if you miss you might as well rush with a melee.

For the good that would do you.
>>
>>31712203
Might as well throw a gardening trowel at someone.
>inb4 kunai
>>
why not have a brace of tack hammers? no one wants a hammer thrown at them
>>
>>31714889
If your opponent has a gun then you're fucked and that was a stupid direction to go because you're comparing what's essentially fancy stone age technology (I'm assuming the javelin in question is somewhat modern) with the best personal weapons that humanity's ever made. Most things lose to guns in most situations, that's why everyone uses them.

I assumed you were talking about hunting, not some Rambo fantasy. I'll try to avoid serious answers past this point.
>>
>>31715019
Rambo fantasies are fun, man.

Of coarse guns are better. That was never under any question.

In seriousness, running is probably the far better option in a noguns/noammo/brokenguns/stolenguns situation.

But if you absolutely had too... no more than one throwing spear, because one toss is all you will get.
>>
>>31715076
>But if you absolutely had too... no more than one throwing spear, because one toss is all you will get.

Says you.

If I'm going to carry some asinine dedicated throwing weapon I'm not just going to carry one.

>Encounter guy with gun
>Need to distract him to get to the bushes
>SpearchuckerJones.jpg
>JesseOwens.jpg
>At this point I can have 0 spears or 1 spear
>>
>>31715157
>Encounter guy with gun
>Need to distract him to get to the bushes

Use those shurikens for that, or some sort of dart.

Throwing a spear takes momentum, thus also running and a lunge.
>>
>>31712203
THOSE ARE CLEARLY KUNAI, GAIJIN BAKA

but seriously, as neat as they are straight-line throwing knives are almost 100% useless. have to have perfect rotation or you're just tossing them an extra weapon. round/square/cross-shaped shuriken are only slightly better, if you throw a few while you're rushing in/fleeing you might score a hit and distract them for a second, but odds are they won't be too hindered

>>31714506
if you have a spear, just use it as a spear, moron. why throw away your only weapon?
>>
>>31715381
>if you have a spear, just use it as a spear, moron. why throw away your only weapon?

What if you also have a sword?
>>
File: Contemplative Spiderman.jpg (21KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
Contemplative Spiderman.jpg
21KB, 560x400px
>>31715278
>Introducing new weapons into the equation

I'm just going to take this to its logical conclusion and say that I'm Spider-Man and I can do anything because superpowers.
>>
>>31715467

I though we were limited to throwing and melee here?
>>
>>31715404
then still use the spear. easier to use, keeps you at a safer range. unless we're talking about some tiny pussy spear in which case i guess use the sword. but swords are hard as fuck to use correctly, none of that wild hollywood swinging bullshit is gonna get you anywhere. just keep distance, deflect, and wait for an opening. then stab the shit out of em.
>>
File: Spidermeme babies.jpg (25KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
Spidermeme babies.jpg
25KB, 500x289px
>>31715501
Yes, and I, as Spider-Man, will throw and melee better than everyone everywhere at all times with any weapon.
>>
File: 1458345182024.jpg (51KB, 295x476px) Image search: [Google]
1458345182024.jpg
51KB, 295x476px
>>31715548
>>31715467

Take spiderman back to /b/.
>>
>>31713822
>The first of which, and the most probable, is you hit the person with the knife, it doesn't do anything, he now has a knife.
>Second of which is that you hit the person with the knife, it cuts him, he is now really mad and now has a knife.

The whole "giving a guy a knife" logic is really dumb because it assumes you're fighting an unarmed man. The guy would already have a weapon, and if he doesn't, why the fuck are you throwing a knife at him?

Anyways, you're right it won't do too much damage, but it's not meant to. Like >>31713889
said, historically they were used as distractions or to get an edge.
>>
File: Libertarian Spiderman.png (844KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
Libertarian Spiderman.png
844KB, 900x550px
>>31715572
STFU /b/atman, you're so new that your filenames are boilerplate.
>>
File: rocks.jpg (101KB, 800x590px) Image search: [Google]
rocks.jpg
101KB, 800x590px
>>31712203
>Throwing weapons
>>
post more throwing weapons
>>
>>31713822
I'm sure that's why it existed for so long
>>
>>31718010
I used to get a 10-0 kill dry ratio back in the day.
>water balloon fight begins
>stay in edge of arena and sit down
>no one attacks me because they think I'm not playing
>watch chaos unfold
>rise up and destroy my wounded enemies
>>
>>31713822
i agree that throwing a knife is retard, but something as heavy as a shovel could work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzdGgPI9r6w
>>
The only throwing weapon a soldier needs is the armor piercing Pila
>>
>>31715745
>Rock.
>Implying stick is inferior.
You break rock too many time it become dust!
>>
>>31718109

I completely agree, the shovel is a deadly and underutilized piece of combat apparel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LycaNelCDik
>>
>>31712203
only throwing weapon I hve is a makarov and I've achived quite the profeciency with it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.