[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

poorfag scopes thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

currently looking to get a budget scope mid to long range
wat do? max is $400
>>
>>31709286
Vortex
>>
Nikon 223
>>
>>31709371

Not OP here.

The P223? If so how like? I was looking at one the other day.
>>
>>31709286
Primary arms, Vortex (some), Burris.
>>
>>31709286
Viper HS LR on sale

Millett TRS if you can stomach the weight (good glass but its heavy)

Millett LRS if you can stomach a 5lb scope and can find 35mm rings
>>
>>31709311

Vortex will probably be your best bet if you want something thatll last.

Do not buy cheap mounts either
>>
>>31709421
where da viper on sale at can't find it
>>
>>31709436
That was meant as an "if you can find it on sale"

I got my Viper HS 2.5-10x for $210, admittedly thats a cheaper model than the HS LR tho
>>
>>31709405
It's decent. I have one on my AR 15. Not the best optic in the world but it works.
>>
pls post ur poorfag scopes and reticles
>>
Qucik non-poorfag optic question: How is the Eotech 518 with magnifier? I want a holo sight and I want the maginification and I like how it can flip off to the side when you dont need the magnification. Is it really worth the $800?
>>
>>31709592

No it is shit with a lot of shift.
>>
>>31709612
Dang. Any other suggestions for my needs?
>>
>>31709478

Thanks 4 input on question.
>>
>>31709620
>>31709612
Also, the optic is for a Sig 551. Not sure if that makes a difference. I'll probably be shooting at 300m max.
>>
>>31709620

Comp M4 is about the same price range, you can still put a 3x in front of it like the setup in your picture. Someone else may come along and recommend another optic.
>>
>>31709286
you can maximize your shekels by getting a fixed scope at low or medium magnification like 6-12x, SFP reticles, smaller objective lenses, no fancy features like illuminated reticle or whatever.
this makes sure you're paying for good quality glass instead of features.

use the saved money to get quality rings and base.

also buy from well known brands, vortex and leupold have the best warranty. other trusted names won't screw you over either.
avoid dollar store brands like tasco or barska.

I don't know what you mean by long range, to me it's around 800+ yards. I shoot at 1000 yards mostly and that's long range enough for me.
you're not really going to be able to do that with a cheap scope desu, even if you have really good quality lenses, your magnification will be limited because of your budget, at least that was my experience.

first good scope I bought was a viper pst 6-24x50 which costs $1000, and people call it "mid-range".
scopes are pretty expensive desu
>>
>>31709286
Luepold: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/leupold-vx-1-3-9x40mm-duplex-scope-matte?a=1582827&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=COSE08vS4s8CFZaIaQodF_EHnQ
>>
>>31710026
Derp *leupold (sorry jans/mods if link breaks rules, delete if necessary)
>>
>>31709286
SWFA
http://swfa.com/Classic-C12502.aspx

Surprisingly good for the low range market. You get more than what you pay for.
>>
>>31710067

Rules? What are these rules you speak of?

Burris is brutty goo
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.