[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TOMAHAWK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 7158-Rm8R9L._SX425_.jpg (12KB, 425x448px) Image search: [Google]
7158-Rm8R9L._SX425_.jpg
12KB, 425x448px
In the market for a tomahawk because why the fuck not.

Any suggestions or is the OG Vietnam issue a good start?
>>
File: mandan-chief.jpg (45KB, 363x500px) Image search: [Google]
mandan-chief.jpg
45KB, 363x500px
>>
I bought a kickass tomahawk. It would fuck somebody up for sure. It has been sitting in a drawer for the past three years.
>>
tomahawks are awesome but are you open to hatchets? what are you planning to do with your tomahawk?
>>
Your not responding so I have to say this. If your wanna look at something to show it off get whatever your want but if you want something that you can use in the field respond.
>>
>>
>>31692236
Most of the tomahawk that you get nowadays are way unbalanced and not great for combat, and barely useful for survival as well. Just spent the last weekend innawoods seeing if one could do the job, and while it did in fact serve me, it was ten times the amount of work that a good e-tool, hatchet, and knife could have accomplished. Being completely honest, if you want it for show, go for it, but its not all its cracked up to be.
>>
>>31692236
Is the CS rifleman's hawk any good?
>>
>>31693343
I'm open to anything brother, what did you have in mind?
>>
>>31694870
Right I feel it. They are pretty cool
But I'm not generally into spending money on trash that doesn't work.
>>
>>31694888
The only thing other than the pocket knives Cold Steel makes that isn't shit.

Course that mall ninja black coating is really garbage. can't even survive light chopping. so i just scrubbed it off with some simple green. been my go to axe since.
>>
>>31692236
Get a bearded ax instead
>>
>>31692236
what's your price range?
>>
>>
>>31697163
probably under 100$ would be ideal. You fuckers know how it is, there's like 50 things I want to buy
>>
Ive heard good things about the Cold Steel and CRKT hawks
>>
>>31692236
Colds steel spike hawk, Gerber downrange, Kershaw siege.

I like all of these for different reason.
Spike hawk for woodworking and general use. Downrange for demolition work and breaching etc. Kershaw siege is an affordable combination of these two.
>>
The cold steel ones are awesome for outdoors stuff. I take mine to the beach to chop up drift wood for fires and there's no rust on it at all. Whatever coating they use is great.
>>
>>31697908
Basically your best bets for hawks

The trail hawk and frontier is great if you are going light, the pipe hawk is the best all arounder and the rifleman hawk is much heavier so it is more axe than tomahawk and is the best if you are OK with carrying extra weight or you expect to use it heavily

The plastic handle hawks are OK for what they are, competitive with other plastic handle hawks on the market but they don't really do it for me personally. They do sell replacement handles for them which is a big plus that other plastic hawks might not have

If you want the hawk for fighting any of the hawks that are lighter than the rifleman would be good but the spike hawk or Vietnam tomahawk would probably be best because of their spikes

The crkt hawks have heavier heads than the standard good steels, closer to the rifleman hawk, they are more expensive but they make good working hawks

If you are looking for an indestructible tactical hawk I haven seen one better than the estwing tomahawk, especially at the price. They are strong enough to be used for serious demolition work and cheap enough to easily replace
>>
Bump, is op around?
>>
>>31697869
Well that takes out RMJ. Those go for $400+
>>
>>31700715
are they good?
>>
>>31700830
Probably the best.
>>
>>31699309
watup, here I is.
Lots of good suggestions here.
>>
>>31700979
>Probably the best
>What is Winkler
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>31692236
H&B Forge.
>>
How do I get Magua mode?
>>
File: Rich iPhone 12.30.2014 114.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Rich iPhone 12.30.2014 114.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
+1 for CRKT Chogan. It's a goddamn beast. Great as a tool, fun to throw, sturdy as hell.
>>
File: 350-103-1.jpg (76KB, 640x480px)
350-103-1.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
again: H&B Forge.
Hand forged in the USA, under $100.
Definitely the best for the money if you don't require a "tactical tomahawk." The H&B offerings will be more useful for processing wood than busting through concrete.
>>
>>31704710
drink Listerine in ridiculous quantities
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.