[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The AR Bug is Real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1476155438276.jpg (159KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1476155438276.jpg
159KB, 746x982px
I bought my first AR almost a month ago, just a basic A2 style, but with a flat top upper. Love it, shot it a few times, works perfectly, love it even more.

Fast forward to lately:
>Keep looking at AR
>Constantly imagining the things I can change on it
>Butt stocks, hand guards, grips, sights

Fuck, and I thought I'd never succumb to the desire to change my rifle and here I am fantasizing about the different ways I can set up my rifle.
>>
>>31662422
this why you invest in a good rifle and not just an "okay" one
>>
>>31662742
I assembled an "ok" AR about a year ago. I haven't changed it since I got it put together.
>>
>>31662422
Don't change any of it except for making it an A4 unless you want to get a shorter barrel.

There's no reason to go with a 20" barrel unless you want a M16 variant/clone
>>
>>31662422
I've got three AR's now and am constantly thinking of how to slightly change them up. Between sights, grips, furniture, and stocks I don't know if I'll ever stop changing things up.

Good luck anon, it just gets worse with more AR's
>>
>>31662783
>There's no reason to go with a 20" barrel unless you want a M16 variant/clone

Sure, if you're forgetting about how the 5.56 round was designed for a 20" barrel.
>>
>>31663012
Gee anon, is there only one cartridge with one load and one bullet weight for all 5.56? Have things not progressed in the past 50 some years?

Even the marines are leaving the M16 in favor of the M4.
>>
>>31662422
Build another one m8
>>
>>31663088
I'm posting from 1966.
>>
>live in NY
>can only build cucked ARs
>build one anyway
>not 100% happy with it
>start buying replacement accessories
>have 5 extra lowers laying around
>don't know what I want to do with them

this shit is cancer. I just want an AK or something instead.
>>
>>31663099
this.

i've only had my first AR a year now and i've already built two more with another 3 in the pipe
>>
>>31663099
It'll happen again. I've realized I need to invest in my other guns before buying another gun.
>>
>>31663139
You are literally me in everyway. I'm looking at getting an Ares scr but I know I'll want to put a non compliant upper on it
>>
>>31663404

I am constantly toying with the idea of building an evil gun. I'm definitely going to make a fixed mag lower though so I can get all the high end uppers I want.

But then I think about of all the cool, more fun guns I can get that aren't ARs.
>>
File: 20161005_114912.jpg (3MB, 4032x1107px) Image search: [Google]
20161005_114912.jpg
3MB, 4032x1107px
>>31662422
>A2 style
>flat top upper
Faggot, that's an A3
A3 masterrace thread?
>>
>>31663552
M16A2E1 and M16A2E2 both had flattops.
>>
>>31662422
i've only made two changes to the M16A3 clone i assembled.
1) replace the faulty carry handle
2) decorate the magazines
>>
Honestly if I ever decide to get an AR I'm going for the M16A1 look, with the short stock and everything, except I'll have a rail-top upper with carry handle because I'll eventually want to slap a scope on it and I'm going for what's comfy as opposed to historically accurate.
>>
>>31662422
>Fuck, and I thought I'd never succumb to the desire to change my rifle and here I am fantasizing about the different ways I can set up my rifle.
That's called catching the black rifle disease.
You'll want to buy more and build some.
>>
>>31663785
I recommend against it. you have a fixed front sight, which means you'll have to elevate the hell out of your optic, AND get a cheek rest.
additionally, you'll probably be tempted to get prefab uppers and things, which all have shit features eg chrome barrels and satin finishes
>>
>>31663829
>black rifle disease.

Pretty sure that's what I have. I'm imagining "how cool it'd look with ______ OD furniture" or "how comfortable ______ grip could be". Even though I like it exactly as it is, and got it so minimal for that reason.
>>
>>31662422
I held it down for quite a while, I bought my first AR 10 years ago, bought my second 6 years ago, and held off on more until this spring.

Now I own 7, have a factory SBR in NFA jail, and am looking at building a large frame AR in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Help.
>>
>>31664233

7 AR-10s? M8
>>
>>31664338
AR, 10 years ago.

I see that that wasn't very clear.
>>
>>31664364

Nah, I'm just shit at reading.

And unfortunately I can't help you with your BRD since I'm coming down with it as well. What's saving me is I live in a communist state so most of the configurations I want would be illegal
>>
>>31664122
>with x furniture
Oh, man...I recently got a hardon for wood furniture. I keep thinking about different stains of some kind of wood or another. This week it's been a type of ironwood furniture with a dark grey or gunmetal stain.

I know it's gonna be heavy as fuck, but I don't care. I somehow still want it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.