[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PPS-43C

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: PPS.jpg (7KB, 338x149px) Image search: [Google]
PPS.jpg
7KB, 338x149px
Does anyone have a PPS-43? More specifically a PPS-43C. Maybe even turn one into an SBR? I know they make a 7.62x25 version and a 9x19 version. I'm curious on what /k/ thinks about them I never hear them mentioned.
>>
>>31662192
>never hear them mentioned
Lurk more, faggot
>>
>>31662302
I feel I lurk pretty hard but apparently not hard enough.
>>
>>31662192

I had one and sold it after a year for a bit of a cash boost to afford a more practical rifle when there was an AWB scare.

Ask anything you want to know.
>>
>>31662450
Which version did you have 7.62x25 or 9x19?
>>
I have a 9mm one and it's a piece of shit. Just for the record I'm not >>31662450.
>>
>>31662510

I had the 7.62x25, but it will perform arguably the same as the 9x19.

The problem with the PPS-43c is that they took an open bolt SMG design and made it a closed bolt pistol with its own retarded bolt.

The firing pins in these are prone to light strikes causing misfires (and hangfires if you're very unlucky.)

It is also next to impossible (if not impossible) to seat a full 35 round mag due to the closed bolt. I have to go down to 30-32 rounds before it would go in all the way.

It's a fun range toy when it's not misfiring and SBRing one is pretty easy. Another anon wrote a guide to it that I still have if you want that.

Also, if you get one and you get the 9x19, DO NOT use the 9x19 mags they made for it, they're shit and cause more problems. Use the 7.62x25 surplus magazines. They seat and feed 9x19 just fine and much better than the mags with the retarded and un-necessary 9x19 sized followers.

Anything else you want to know?
>>
>>31662599
I'm just wondering if they're worth getting because like the round, aesthetic and history of it. The magazine/bolt issue kind of turns me off a little on it. I'm interested in the guide of SBRing though.
>>
>>31662715

I'm not anyone already in this thread, but I own some other open bolt smg type guns converted to strike fired SA, like a STEN, etc. and I tend to regret them all.

They're just big, inaccurate pistols at the end of the day. Paying the money to SBR a 300$ gun seems retarded. They're neat for novelty? I guess? I dunno I think your money is better spent expanding other parts of your arsenal.
>>
>>31662715

While I can't remember, I think someone was selling new bolts for them and the later generation of imports had better bolts with much fewer light strikes.

You could also put in a warranty request with I.O. inc if it happens often. And before you freak out, don't worry. I.O. didn't touch these pistols apart from importing them, it's all Polish made.

Anyway, as long as you hold the bolt back and insert a full 35 round mag you won't have a problem. Alternatively, hold the bolt back and engage the safety, I think that acted as a poor man's bolt hold open but it's been a while.

I'd say the PPS-43c is worth getting if only because parts kits are cheap and abundant. They include COMPLETE full auto lowers and bolts (that can be mailed to your door) that could be put on in the event the hughes amendment is ever repealed (or shtf but I'm not suggesting you do anything, hear that Mr. ATF?)

I'll follow up on this post with the guide copy pasted.
>>
>>31662768

>buy parts kit
>Get a grinder and file down completely the large pin sticking out on the pistol
>use a dremel (or the same grinder if you dont have one) and knock off the weld holding the pin to the bar in the rear of the receiver

At this point it should be simple to just remove the rest of the non working stock from your rifle

>take a drill bit, slightly larger than the button head and drill out the rear of your receiver to allow the button to pass all the way through (the one that came on the rifle is a much smaller size so that hole wont work)

Now the rifle is ready for the stock off the back of the kit

>two small pins on both sides of the large pin in the rear, you will need to drive both of these out in order to remove the large pin
>with a punch try to punch out the middle button where it runs through the cross bar, this was kinda tricky and I had to actually sand it off to make it come out, but as a result it was too short to fully make it back through the hole so I had to throw a weld on it to make it hold

Now the stock assembly should be apart and basically just do what you did to get apart, backwards to get it back on the rifle.

-------

Everything above that line is the guide, but I need to tell you something else now. While these pistols are no longer imported, there are two "generations" of imports and they mostly have to do with the firing pin light strike issue and the folding stock.

The first generation was the one that had the majority of the light strikes due to a weak firing pin. The first gen also only had a tig weld holding the folding stock in place but the button on top of the pistol still functioned. As you can expect people easily dremeled off the weld and had a working sbr illegally, and that was a legal nightmare.

Cont.
>>
>>31662814

The second generation had better bolts and the folding stock not only had the tig weld (which is small but obvious when you look at it) but the button on top of the PPS43c is kind of just there for show. It cannot be pressed down as the hole beneath it is far too small, hence the need to kind of drill it out when installing a working folding stock, otherwise you'll encounter the same problem. It basically acts as a mechanism for "pinning" the stock into place as well so that if you were to grind off the weld it still wouldn't work. The entire folding stock mechanism has to be replaced with a new one from a parts kit.

A good investment for the future and SHTF if you ask me. Think about it won't you? Someday you could have not only an SBR, but an actual SMG / SBR for which surplus parts are cheap and relatively abundant online.

Your choice, but considering they aren't even imported anymore that alone makes them worth the investment in the event of any bans.
>>
>>31662427
Honestly a thread dedicated to them has been quite awhile
>>
>>31662768
>>31662814
>>31662847
I really appreciate all the info in these posts! I think I will get one (or five) when possible. With the parts availability and other capabilities it does sound like a good SHTF SMG. But then I guess the problem becomes ammo. What's good 7.62x25 for it?
>>
File: PPS43c semi auto indentions.jpg (225KB, 800x936px) Image search: [Google]
PPS43c semi auto indentions.jpg
225KB, 800x936px
>>31663488

There is still surplus floating around online but I would just get either PPU (Prvi Partisan) or Sellier & bellot ammo for it.

Do not bother with their JHP rounds. They're just the FMJ rounds with a tiny hole drilled in the top and they do not really expand well. Then again 7.62x25 is one of the worst rounds you could use for self defense anyway. They penetrate A LOT. Stick to the FMJ or soft point rounds.

One last thing I forgot to mention about the PPS43 receiver and the BCG. The serialized part of the PPS43 / 43c is the "upper" receiver, which is why you can buy complete full auto lower sections and have them sent to your door.
The PPS43c's upper portion has the indentation that runs along the top of it that the real PPS43 does not have. This is to ensure the semi-auto BCG is the only one that can be used in the firearm, as the BCG has a small channel dremeled into the top of it to clear the indentation. A full auto bolt would still work but you'd need to dremel the same channel into it.

Gonna post pics now. What you see here is the indention on the semi auto parts.
>>
>>31662715
If you are actually serious about doing the SBR I would get something better that will actually be worth the effort. Unfortunately conversion totally butchered this gun, its not fair or right but its the reality.
>>
File: Real PPS43 Full auto.jpg (176KB, 922x859px) Image search: [Google]
Real PPS43 Full auto.jpg
176KB, 922x859px
>>31663777
Here we see a real PPS43 with a full auto BCG. Notice how neither the BCG nor the upper receiver have that indentation or "channel" in their tops.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.