[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this realistic in anyway?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: True-Detective-Season-2-41.jpg (111KB, 1280x909px) Image search: [Google]
True-Detective-Season-2-41.jpg
111KB, 1280x909px
I've never been in a shootout. Was this realistic in anyway of how a real shootout would go once the stress of the fight started?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM
>>
>>31661636
I can't be tricked into watching any amount of season 2. Fucking awful, but nice try I guess.
>>
>I live my life via movies
>Products created by a bunch of English and Drama majors living in the echo chambers that is Los Angeles are a big part of my life.
>>
>>31661655
It really wasn't that bad. But regardless, I'm only interested in talking about this shootout scene.
>>
>>31661665
they are actually dressed pretty nice.
>>
op they would have been mowed down when they crossed the open road both times..and a car is basicly useless for cover. even pistol bullets easily penetrate them. infact most of the cover they used in this video would have been pretty much useless to protect against actual bullets and they left themselves partialy exposed every time they left cover. the "bad guy" shooting out of the window was also stupid to expose himself like that but I guess there are idiots our there.
>>
>>31661636
>ambushed by ratta tatta tatta non-stop warfare assault rifle
>recoilless pistols
>Not being swiss cheese hiding behind civvie cars

yeah m8 this is 100% accurate
>>
>>31661655
i watched the whole season. was it too complicated for you?
>>
File: LQUZ8cs.png (665KB, 920x960px) Image search: [Google]
LQUZ8cs.png
665KB, 920x960px
>retard police walking down the street like a mob
>mismatched equipment
>Full-auto AK variant
>Cars are good cover
>meth lab random explosions
>0 recoil pistols

Thats as far as I got.

Incredibly inaccurate

Borderline propaganda
>>
>>31662003
Just too shitty based on expectations, made it 1.5 episodes. Characters are just flat and uninteresting, acting wasn't at season 1 level, couldn't discern anything resembling a plot, it just gave me no reason to continue watching.

Different strokes I guess.
>>
This is my least favorite life.
And also probably the worst scene in the season.
>>
>>31661636
Why didn't anyone bring a rifle?
>>
Not realistic at all, except that trigger finger discipline
>>
>>31662237
cops shooting bystanders by accident was realistic
>>
>>31661793
>>31662092
Wouldn't you dive behind the biggest hunk of metal you could find when coming under fire? Sure, bullets can penetrate cars like nothing, but the cover available is the best cover to have in a gun fight.
>>
>>31661636
Ak will tear through car they would need an insane amount of ammo for 9 minutes of shooting.
>>
>>31662333
No, if the cover doesn't stop the bullet being fired from penetrating then it's only good for concealment(sneaking) this is because even one bullet fired, even through hefty cover, can disable, injure, or kill an operator. Since the shooter had already spoted the police the cover would've been completely useless. He could have just penetrated the cover and got the kills.
>>
Entertainment value 6/10
Realism 3/10
Autism has spoken
>>
>>31661636
haven't watched any of it but there actually was a pretty good LA shootout on video, maybe look that up
>>
>>31661665
Clockwork Orange fans, in black
This is perfect example when hats and trenchcoats dont match!
>>
>>31661636
>most conspicuous, least armored raid still brings a battering ram
>hear the ricochet before the gunshot from 1 story up
>10 shots and 2 guys dead before anyone makes any kind of move and they all go across the street to hide behind cars instead of going in that alley right next to them
>5000rpm SBR AK16 with unlimited ammo perk
>bulletproof Kia
>15 seconds into contact, "CONTACT!"
>bulletproof Kia windshield
>"he's retreating, blast the potentially civilian occupied apartment full of holes!"
>srs Vince Vaughn
>Ted from accounting takes one in the face "Ah fuck, that's a bummer"
>3 officers down, ongoing gun battle, building blew up, no radios in sight. Also LA and no chopper overhead
>"We've lost half our team, but you guys should definitely charge in the front door while I run around through the back where those other guys went."
>Suspect is down, continue firing
>Don't radio the dudes who went around back, or in general.
>run right past two casualties lying in the open
>Moving vehicle, open fire!
>ignore two more casualties, not like they know each other or work together or anything
>3 minutes of automatic gunfire and a building exploding and the protesters are still just hanging out a block away
>badguy handbook: when trying to escape and evade the police remember to take time to stop and slaughter innocents. The extra paperwork the police have to fill out will give you more time to escape
>people standing around waiting to get shot
>Cholo Special Forces all have auto weapons, fan out to protect a wrecked vehicle, must have $10 mil in diamonds inside
>every shot hits a civilian, missed the cops
>EVERY shot hits a civilian. Also the dude decides to run through a gunfight and goes behind the guy who was massacring people two seconds ago instead of the cops
>car bumper = ultimate cover
>"Pushing up, don't cover me!"
>akimbo G18 w/90 round mags
>more bystanders
>"Oh shit we're out of faceless extras!"
>kerambit is tacticalest
>>
>>31662921
>let the hostage taker off the bus and out of your encirclement
>badguys are so bad they shoot their hostage for zero reason
>first person who's vitals they check through the entire ordeal is the badguy they just blasted 20 times point blank
>>
>>31662291
too true m8
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.