[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why dont IDF members wear their knee pads properly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: skypes.jpg (94KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
skypes.jpg
94KB, 640x426px
Basically on 90% of photos with IDF they wear it like that, why? Are they just to lazy to screw it up?
>>
Have you ever walked around with kneepads on all day? It fucking sucks.

When you consider that the majority of the time you are on your knees in a "combat" (I use that term very loosely with the IDF) it's on one knee, so it makes more sense just to have it strapped up to the one you rest of the ground
>>
>>31659571
The knee pads straps can become uncomfortable after a long time, and they are not needed when you've got calluses built up on your knees from constant use.
>>
>>31659571
It's not an IDF thing, it's a military thing.

Those thick kneepads suck. But it's often not the individual soldier's choice to wear them or not. So if some crusty old rulemaker says "you gotta wear kneepads", you put them on. Then in the field you slip them down off your knee so you can actually move. Then you slip them back onto your knees properly when going back into base where the rulemakers can see you.

This applies heavily to monitored training exercises, where the rules stickers are out in full force to wander the entire "battlefield". In real operations, once you're out on a smaller outpost you can just ditch kneepads and small bs entirely.
>>
>>31659571
have you ever spent the day wearing those knee pads? only way to keep them from falling is to cinch them down tight and they cut off blood flow and they start to hurt. inna Iraq I wore one knee pad on my right knee on patrol/mission, and it was loose and would slide down sometimes.
>>
>>31659571
You wear them loose around your calf or ankle so they dont chafe the shit out of you.
Personally I wear the inserts because they are not uncomfortable to wear all day, but offer less "bust yo knee" protection.
>>
>>31659607

Exactly, kneepads are part of the retarded new age "operator" look, but are pretty much useless.
>>
>>31659698
>but are pretty much useless.
Dashing your knee onto rocks makes you appreciate them pretty damn fast though.
>>
File: body 46.jpg (151KB, 591x608px) Image search: [Google]
body 46.jpg
151KB, 591x608px
>>31659698
No, they are part of the new "personal protective gear over every inch of your body!" look pushed by crusty old officers. Ironically, often those same officers are nostalgic for "the good old days" of the 1980s military. So they push back against those newfangled fads like "optics" and "computers", but goddamn do they love making Joes wear more fucking armor.

From within the military, the "operator" conception has always been wearing way, way less protective gear than line troops.
>>
>>31659761

Optical and computer gear is expensive, while kneepads are a cheap way to say "look at this comprehensive modernisation package".
>>
>>31659571
Because they're terrible soldiers
duh
>>
>Wear kneepads
>they fall down every five minutes
>implying it's just the kikes who let their pads go down.
No point. in riding them back up every time they slide.
>>
>>31659599
Fpbp
Everyone having normal 16h days on the field will understand this
>>
>>31659571
Why not just have a garter system for the pads? Would it be too lewd?
>>
>>31661737
They can't find a supplier of kosher garters. It's kind of a niche market.
>>
>>31659571
Why do they wear those oversized helmet covers?
>>
>implying those female IDF soldiers are real and not just propaganda
>>
>>31659761
MFW I actually used the insert knee pads in my ACU's in Iraq and they worked just fine. Obviously they wouldn't help with a super hard impact but they were fine for just kneeling.
>>
Well the IDF wears their kneepads like that because when they kick Palestinian babies in the heads they don't bruise their shins. Other militaries do it just because it's probably more comfortable.
>>
>>31662967
To break up head profile while prone or peeking over something. It disrupts pattern recognition of the opponents brain It is basically standardized scrim.
>>
>>31663032
me too worked great if you doubled up, or there were those small ass catcus around.

Also used the areas to hide flexarol and matches when going through customs in manas
>>
>>31662967
replacement foreskin
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.