[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I like everything about Glocks but I need a safety"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (109KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 1000x1000px
>"I like everything about Glocks but I need a safety"
>>
>Be me
>Work in gun shop
>hear this numerous times a week

that's just the way the big cookie crumbles
>>
>>31656082
>>31656090
... Uh, Glocks have two safeties. They don't have a manual safety because they're meant for a duty belt and manual safeties have gotten cops killed in the heat of the moment.

I feel your pain anons.
>>
>>31656090
Are you me?
>>
>>31656082
When the RCMP switched from revolvers, they refused to go to Glocks solely because they would not accept a gun that requires a trigger pull to take down.
Because, you know, officers that you can't trust to clear a firearm before stripping it totally isn't a bigger issue
>So now they have S&W 5946s with disgusting triggers instead
>>
>a gun can't have part in facilitating unsafe conditions where an ND can occur
>you literally just have to keep your finger off the trigger

Touted ad finum by casuals who have never shot outside of a square range or in any form of stress.
>>
>>31656200
What if in addition to the safeties that glocks already have, they added a manual safety? If you don't like it you can just not use it but for those who absolutely need a safety it's there.
>>
>>31656224
>implying that it's not pants on head retarded
>>
>>31656082

>be two years ago
>shooting 1911s and SIG's
>complete trigger snob
>said this all the time
>now own a G34,G19 and G26
>would never go back

s-s-sorry guys
>>
>>31656305
I think some lookalikes and clones do just that.
>>
>>31656200
Oh please, the trigger safety is a bullshit feel good measure that only keeps the gun from firing if the trigger isn't pulled.

Which is the exact opposite of what you want a safety to do.
>>
>>31656082
>you literally just have to keep your finger off the trigger
Triggers can get snagged and pulled. There have been lawsuits related to this happening with Glocks in their original carrying case, IIRC. A proper holster will prevent this, but as a newb it seems like it would make carrying much riskier for me.

t. guy who bought a Glock 43 this afternoon
>>
File: 1474508422626.gif (797KB, 300x198px) Image search: [Google]
1474508422626.gif
797KB, 300x198px
>>31656305
>If you don't like it you can just not use it
You don't just "not use" a manual safety if you don't want it, you actually get a gun that doesn't have it at all.

You're going to grab your gun, and somehow during the normal day of carrying the safety has somehow engaged without you knowing it. And you've trained to use your gun without the safety engaged so you waste precious seconds trying to figure out why your gun isn't firing when you're in a situation where you don't have those seconds to spare.

If your gun has a safety, you train with it on and carry with it on.
>>
File: 1475182395577.png (137KB, 319x216px) Image search: [Google]
1475182395577.png
137KB, 319x216px
No striker fire should have a manual safety. Springfield XD's are also retarded because of the size of their grip safety. If they were the size of 1911's and had memory bumps I wouldn't mind them.
>>
File: snek question.jpg (50KB, 458x750px) Image search: [Google]
snek question.jpg
50KB, 458x750px
>>31656322
>Which is the exact opposite of what you want a safety to do.
>>
>>31656331
>we can trust that the switch-like thing called the trigger will never be mistakenly toggled
>we can't trust that the switch-like thing called the safety will never be mistakenly toggled
I don't know whether I agree with that logic, lad. Also, many people suggest carrying with the safety off even if you have one.

However, I agree that a safety is a needless complication if you're never going to use it. You can mindlessly turn it on while loading or forget that you turned it on.
>>
>>31656340
It is. You want a safety to keep the gun from firing when the trigger is pulled.

That's the whole point. To keep the gun from firing when it normally would. Not to keep the gun from firing when it normally wouldn't.
>>
File: uh oh.png (5KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.png
5KB, 238x212px
>Always disliked glawks and preferred DA/SA pistols
>Decide to borrow brother's G23 to see how I like a slightly smaller gun than my usual CC
>Sits more comfortably, conceals better, feels completely safe
>points and shoots fantastically, even if the .40 is a bit too snappy for the small frame
>mfw giving it back

Help, I'm having impure thoughts about another pistol.
>>
File: 0WGAGwM.jpg (89KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0WGAGwM.jpg
89KB, 1024x768px
>>31656360
The difference between your two greentexts is that every holster ever worth a shit covers the trigger guard. But not every holster will prevent a manual safety from being engaged or disengaged.

In fact, the smallest holsters, like I tend to use, only cover the trigger guard and nothing else.
>>
File: absolutely groundhog.jpg (39KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely groundhog.jpg
39KB, 435x326px
>"Let's put the safety on the trigger."
>>
>>31656224
>>31656312
I mean I get where they're coming from, requiring a trigger pull to take down is a horrible design decision. Of all the parts of a gun that you can have pull double duty, the trigger is pretty much the bottom of the list for obvious reasons.

But the RCMP is still just being a bunch of idiots. Again.
>>
>>31656082
Glocks fit my hands the best out of any firearm I have ever held. That being said, the safety on the trigger is autistic, the lack of a hammer is tolerable but not favorable, and glock fans are among the most mong group of people I have ever met.
>>
>>31656377
Literally what are you talking about.

>>31656403
Having the safety on the trigger means it's a manual safety but instead of a toggle switch it's a button. Actually it's a special snowflake lever inside a slightly bigger lever that needs to be pulled so the bigger level can be pulled.

I don't know what either of you are doing right now.
>>
>>31656377
Why not both?
>>
>>31656200
I know, you fucking moron. That was not the point of what I was saying.>>31656090
>>
>>31656452
Then what were you saying you fucking retarded mutant? Explain carefully, don't talk about cookies.
>>
File: 1475073372675.jpg (435KB, 1187x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475073372675.jpg
435KB, 1187x1024px
>look into this thread expecting people to counterpoint and say the Glock has a trigger safety
>see people say the Glock has a trigger safety
>these people don't realize the Glock trigger safety is a drop safety and nothing else
>>
>bought a G21 gen 3 as my first handgun years ago
>sold it and bought a 21 Gen 4 last week

Love me some Glock. Never felt the need for a manual safety.
>>
>>31656082
People that spout on an on about needing a manual safety really shouldn't own guns. I don't trust someone that doesn't trust themselves to not accidentally pull the trigger on a gun, loaded or not.
>>
>>31656478
...you're an idiot...
>>
>tfw rented bunch of guns and prefered the ruger over them all
>>
File: glawk.jpg (2MB, 3703x2458px) Image search: [Google]
glawk.jpg
2MB, 3703x2458px
>>
File: 1476354610066.jpg (1010KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1476354610066.jpg
1010KB, 2048x1365px
This is just my opinion:
Glocks are extremely reliable but not infallible.
Glocks represent a pivotal development in firearms technology
Glocks are probably the most popular handgun on the planet.
Glocks came in a wide range of calibers and configurations
I do like being able to have caliber conversion kits for Glocks

That being said:
I find Glocks uncomfortable to hold, point and shoot, I do not believe this is a "fault of the pistol" but an incompatibility between the pistol and my own body mechanics.
I could take or leave a safety, its a non issue to me, it could have it or not, I wouldn't care. I don't dislike a 1911 or CZ because they have a safety.
At some point possibly in our lifetime, Glocks will be surpassed by another design, and even then, there will still be people who prefer a Glock. And that's OK.
>>
>>31659082
>I find Glocks uncomfortable to hold, point and shoot, I do not believe this is a "fault of the pistol" but an incompatibility between the pistol and my own body mechanics.

Have you tried the Gen 4 yet? I had a Gen 3 G17 police trade in that I got for dirt cheap but never really liked shooting for long periods of time because the grips were horrible.

I went to a gunstore, picked up a G21Gen 4 and it was possibly the most natural a gun has ever felt in my hands.they really did an amazing job with the new grips.
>>
>>31656381
Just succ the Glock
>>
>>31659150
>Gen4
I haven't had the opportunity to shoot one yet, but I have held and pointed one with a couple of different grip panels. It may shoot better than the Gen3s I've shot. I think my issue is with the finger grooves as well as the profile of the grip itself. It feels unnatural. Like I'm gripping a section of box tubing. Does that make sense?
>>
>>31659217

It does. I have somewhat smaller hands and the grips feel great for me but my buddy with hands the size of dinner plates actually preferred the gen 3 because of the spacing of the grooves.
>>
>>31656686
It's not that we don't trust yourself with a gun, we don't trust others. The first thing most noguns do when they hold a gun is putting finger on the trigger.
>inb4 than don't let them touch your gun
>>
>>31659350
I ment ourselfs
>>
>>31659150
I have had it the exact other way around.

Got a dirt cheap G17 gen 3. Feels like an extension of my arm.

Like it enough to get a G19 for CC, but a gen 4.Feels terrible. Lost everything I liked about my G17.

P-51 Mustang as my captcha
>>
>>31656377
...that is the stupidest thing I have heard all day and I had to correct my senior supervisor regarding how winter happens.
>>
>>31659350
Don't let them touch your gun.
>>
>>31659350
Dont let them touch your guns.
Either that or tell them not to be retarded
>>
>>31656315
the only people who shit on glock triggers are people whose shooting fundamentals are so bad they need SAO guns to shoot well.

M&P triggers however, are pretty garbage. They take some getting used to.
>>
>>31659517

Glock is the only striker trigger that isn't hot trash IMO. Even the XD is crap.
>>
>>31656686
Triggers can snag.
>>
>>31656322
The sad thing is that I know you're being facetious but this is what fudds actually believe.

10/10 bait
>>
>>31656383
That holster reminds me of a cock ring.
>>
>>31656315
Meh I have an Ed Brown 1911 and a competition-modded P226 but I also have a couple Glocks and yeah the triggers are worse but it's just a different feel more than anything. I can shoot them to pretty much the same level of precision. You can't drive a truck the same way you can drive a sports car but if you claim you can't get from A to B in one vs the other you need to turn in your license.

There are much worse striker-fired triggers out there, and I even find the stock triggers on DA/SA HKs and Walthers to be really bad (though I've heard this is because they're configured for the casual LEO and not the gun enthusiast).

The only legitimate complaint about Glocks is that they're boxy. To me (guy with large palms) they have perfect ergonomics, but I can see other people having trouble with them.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 229x220px
>>31656478
>he thinks he knows how Glock's trigger safety works
>>
>>31656322
>>31660010
No, he's right. The purpose of a safety is to STOP THE GUN FROM FIRING. I can still fire with the safety on.
>>
>>31660274
Different anons but observe my post here: >>31656423
>Having the safety on the trigger means it's a manual safety but instead of a toggle switch it's a button. Actually it's a special snowflake lever inside a slightly bigger lever that needs to be pulled so the bigger level can be pulled.

You literally cannot fire a gun without disengaging the trigger safety if it's in good mechanical condition. Sure, maybe if you grind down the sear you can find a way to get a firearm to discharge but that's not what we're talking about.

Saying you can fire a gun with a trigger safety with the safety off means you're pulling the trigger.
>>
>>31661585
Think of it this way: most anything that would do what the trigger safety is designed to prevent would deactivate the trigger safety anyway.
>>
>>31662350
What is it designed to prevent exactly? Really I'm quite curious as to what you think a safety is for.
>>
>>31662413
In as few words as possible: to prevent the gun from firing when it's not supposed to fire.
>>
>>31662459
>In as few words as possible: to prevent the gun from firing when it's not supposed to fire.
Guess what a trigger safety does.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.