[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this gun even legal? Sure it looks awesome, probably works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

Is this gun even legal?
Sure it looks awesome, probably works like shit and the shotgun probably has a 180 degree spread but is it actually legally obtainable without going through too much red tape?
>>
>>31654309
If only it was more than a Tokarev with a piece of pipe on it.
>>
>>31654334
Notice the two triggers m8?
>>
>>31654309
Put extremely shallow rifling on the under slung barrel and you could argue it's a slug pistol maybe. Other than that I guess you could AOW it?
>>
>>31654365
Notice the screw hole on the second.
>>
>>31654416
It's obviously a replica and they don't show it in THAT much detail in the film. But I'm pretty sure making a working version of that is entirely possible. 2nd trigger and all.
>>
>>31654309
I want to make one that has a flashlight inside the shotgun barrel.
>>
>>31654453
What room is there for any mechanism for the firing pin/ group
>>
>>31654309
So say we all.
>>
>>31654453
Yeah, a replica or a prop. Maybe, MAYBE you could rig something up that's like a hinged gp25,but with the dimensions of the prop, it's gonna need a tiny intricate or electronic firing system to fit
>>
>>31654481
Would you still add the 2nd trigger as a flashlight toggle on/off or a push-and-hold?
>>
It looks like the ATF considers shotgun attachments to be separate firearms. You get your tax stamp for the short-barreled shotgun you have, and then slap it on whatever gun you want.

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/do-you-need-a-revolver-shotgun-for-your-ar-15-of-course-you-do/
>>
>>31654552
You'd be surprised.
Guy I know has a knack for tiny mechanisms.
Made everything from dime-sized hand-buzzer thingies to watches.
>>
File: lemat.jpg (165KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
lemat.jpg
165KB, 800x477px
I feel like I've seen this idea before....
>>
File: kek.png (351KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
351KB, 432x432px
>>31654564
>>
File: lmaojs.gif (486KB, 197x142px) Image search: [Google]
lmaojs.gif
486KB, 197x142px
>>31654309
>shotgun probably has a 180 degree spread
What game was it that pit you in an arena where just mindless waves of people ran at you with guns? Eventually it got crazy with fat people turned into tanks and shit. It was for the SNES.

Your statement reminded me of that.

>>31654564
Pic related
>>
With the books on the laws, it would most likely be an AOW. However any speculation is pointless because a working example has never existed and even if someone figured out the fiddly details, the ATF would probably put out an 'opinion letter' saying some bullshit like
>it's inherent compactness and concealability presents an unacceptable risk case for its usage in crime, and so the ATF is of the opinion that such an item is a destructive device
and then pretend that such a letter is law, scaring off any manufacturers from ever trying to make one again.

>>31654378
That particular strange exemption only holds up for full length shotguns, because they couldn't get the NFA passed without it.

>>31654580
It's not really an attachment though, the fire control group(s) is one one place. That's like arguing that a double barrel shotgun with two triggers is two different firearms.
>>
File: Smash TV.jpg (49KB, 603x402px)
Smash TV.jpg
49KB, 603x402px
>>31654876

Smash TV
>>
I thought it was interesting they used a TT-30 instead of a 33. My LGS had one at one point, but it was pretty hard swallowing the grand they were asking for a tokarev, even if it's a collectible.
>>
>>31654894
>It's not really an attachment though, the fire control group(s) is one one place.
Right, but I think it'd be the same deal—still a short barreled shotgun, with two separate triggers making it not an automatic.
>>
>>31654916
That was a glorious game, but we need it in real life ASAP.
>>
>>31654568
Well that depends how far i get with it. Most likely Id make the switch on the bottom of the trigger like where the shotgun release is.
>>
>>31654945
It's definitely not a SBS, rules on the books say that a SBS is shoulder-able shotgun below length requirements, ignoring the fucky bits about whether an attachment is usable when unattached, this one isn't. It's also not really an attachment, because that implies it can be detached.

>>31654955
If your serious about making this, make sure to get permission in writing from the ATF before it's all assembled.
>>
>>31654996
Good point. What would it be, then? Smooth-bore pistols that fire shotgun shells are apparently AOWs, but what are shotguns with short, rifled barrels, no stock, and pistol grips?
>>
>>31655013
Depends on how the ATF is feeling that day. A .410 should be fine after the Judge and Governor, Taurus got their shit stuffed in by the ATF at Shot Show a few years back when they tried bringing that 28 ga raging judge.
>>
>>31655013
Like I said, it's an AOW.

>but what are shotguns with short, rifled barrels, no stock, and pistol grips?
Probably considered a destructive device, considering it's over .50" in bore and doesn't have a "sporting purpose".
>>
>>31655049
.410 pistols are not fine at all.
.45 LC pistols with long chambers that happen to fire .410 are perfectly fine.
>>
>>31655049
>>31655055
Oh right, I should clarify, my post is intended for 20 and 12 gauge shotguns, .410 pistol are legal because it's under .50" and rifled, and removes any doubt by technically chambering 45 LC, even though firing that round out of such a chambering is dumb.
>>
>>31655065
He said rifled barrels, so it would be a <.50 bore.
>>
>>31654996
It would be an AOW, but you can probably get away registering it as an SBS.
>>
File: 87569181_XS.jpg (7KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
87569181_XS.jpg
7KB, 201x200px
>>31654552
The firing pin could be placed in a flat coil spring
>>
>>31655108
How would you cock it though?

What would make more sense is to have a the firing pin on a lever that is connected to a transfer bar that someone gets around the magazine well on the other side of the transfer bar of the pistol, and that lever be tripped ever so slightly when the slide is racked or the tube flipped open in order to be cocked
>>
>>31655087
Is the ATF that lenient with NFA forms? I don't have any experience.
>>
>>31655133
Cock when the barrel is opened. Plenty of space to put a cocking and firing mechanism in if you're clever.
>>
>>31655152
Yeah, you're probably right. But you still need a transfer bar to get the trigger connected to the sear. The firing pin spring could be housed in the grip assembly (conceivably) where there's more room for it, and kill two birds with one stone.
>>
>>31655195
No need for a transfer bar.
I would have the sear sit horizontal in front of the first trigger. The firing pin spring would be above the barrel and compressed when the barrel closes. Probably a rotating firing pin similar to the G11.
>>
>>31655195
A bar could be easily put in the frame right in front of the trigger
>>
>>31655133
>What would make more sense is to have a the firing pin on a lever that is connected to a transfer bar that someone gets around the magazine well on the other side of the transfer bar of the pistol,
Actually looking at it, a transfer bar that somehow goes around the other pistol trigger on the other side from where it interacts with it's assembly that goes over the top right underneath the slide would make more sense. A two part mainspring might be able to be squeezed into the frontstrap, although I have no idea how you'd getting it in and out without majorly redoing the grip frame.
>>
>>31655218
>>31655218
Wouldn't you want the front trigger to be the pistol though? That makes more sense IMHO because it's easier to get your finger and you don't want to accidentally blow your only shotgun load fumbling for the trigger.
>>
>>31655266
Actually looking at the drawings this would be really fiddly. I think it would be better to flip the shotgun trigger around so it's mirrored to the other one, like how the safety works on a garand, but then it would be really easy to accidentally hit and would really need a safety catch itself.
>>
>>31655055
>>31655071
This is apparently just a "firearm", though: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/01/robert-farago/incoming-from-black-aces-tactical-firearm/
>>
>>31655496
Read the law. Those are only 'firearms' because they're over the 26.5" length limit and aren't considered 'concealable' by the ATF
>>
>>31655143
>Is the ATF that lenient with NFA forms?
Sort of, and not at all depending, pretty much any traditional AOW can be registered as an SBS instead, because\so you can one day attach a stock, really going to come down to individual agent\ inspector dude. If it just clips on I'd say SBS makes sense because it could be clipped to something with a stock, if it's built in the whole assembly is an AOW.
>>
>"ayo hol up gimme yo money whitey" comes from a guy behind you
>Those words echo through head for a split second, you stutter out an "o-okay" as you reach for your CC
>Out comes this monstrosity
>Your erection is barely contained by your pants as you turn to face him
>"Oh shit nigga got a gun" is all he can say before you open fire with a shell of 00 buck
>BOOM
>A hole punches through his chest and he falls over
>You can't tell if he's screaming because all you hear is ringing
>Your $15 is safe and you go buy a bacon cheeseburger to celebrate
>>
>>31654309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhzQNKt5TIM
>>
>>31655647
that's what it's all about senpai
>>
>>31654580
Doesn't welding count as an attachment since it's not physically bonded. Cause Toks are C&R as it is

>>31654599
And that's gonna need enough force to set off a moder primer.
>>
10/10 kills cylons dead
>>
File: RAP4_40MM_GL2.jpg (42KB, 500x361px)
RAP4_40MM_GL2.jpg
42KB, 500x361px
>>31654552
>>
>>31654309
Go .410/.454 with straight rifling. No AOW on pistol calibers I think. Still a lot of loads to work with.

Sure would be nice to have a lite weight pistol for both coyote/ feral dogs and snake.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.