[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tokarev differences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

what are some of the differences between the various tokarevs from different countries of origin? which are the best and which are the worst?
what are the desirable qualities to look for? where are the best websites to buy ammo and the gun itself from?

primarily want to know about the differences between Yugo and Romanian tokarevs.
>>
>>31653822
The modern Yugo ones have a longer grip, so they hold one more round in the mag (and meaning you can't use normal Tok mags)
In my experience though, milsurp toks are generally pretty equal in terms of quality, regardless of origin.
>>
>>31653822
thanks for the info
>>
>>31653822
Polish Tokarevs are pretty close to the Russian WW2 production ones cosmetically at least. The slide serrations are the same
>>
>>31653822
>and which are the worst?
all of them OP.
just look at that thing...its the turd of the automatic pistol world.
would you trust your life to this?
>>
>>31654002
I keep one in my glovebox because I don't trust my .38 to get through auto glass
>>
>>31653822

I only have a Romy but it's pretty cool. I had an issue with it double firing.. I bought a new hammer assembly and that seems to have fixed it.

I bought 880 rounds of surp and I've burned through it pretty fast. Prices have since gone up so I bought a 9mm because I couldn't justify spending .35-.40 cents per round when I can shoot 9 for so much cheaper.

I'd say today the Tok isn't worth it.. it's a cool pistol, it's mean, it's loud and has some sort of historical value but ammo is too expensive for a plinker at the range.
>>
>>31653822
The real question: I love 7.62x25 tokareve, but it seems like the only pistols that use it are tokareve variants, the CZ52, and the PPsH.

Other than a custom AR, what are the other options to shoot this IIIA-piercing round?
>>
Did anyone else have any issues with constant double feeds when they first got their Toks? I picked up a TTC last year and only been able to soot it a little bit, but it double feeds 100% guaranteed if I load more than 5 rounds in the mag. The one mag was unissued, and the other probably didn't see much use, so I'm guessing I just have to break in the mags a little? Or might there be some other problem?
>>
any ideas on where the best prices for the pistol itself are on line with the widest variety of variants?
>>
Tokarevs are great pistols, i own 2 romanian and 1 yugoslav toks. Bkth romanianbtokarevs needed the feed ramp polished when i first got them or else they wouldnt feed from the magazine, but id say theyre generally higher quality and feel better than the yugoslav one. Theyre relatively expensive to shoot, even as a reloader theyre a pain. For me i mostly take it out only to show someone whos never seen one before.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.