[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he need to use the Bren instead of the Enfield?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: temp.png (930KB, 1357x765px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
930KB, 1357x765px
Why did he need to use the Bren instead of the Enfield?
>>
>>31648838
I too, am curious
>>
Would you not?
>>
>>31648838
no idea
>>
>>31648838
Accurate enough, loads more dakka.
>>
>>31648838
Someone needs a magazine.
>>
>>31648882
Single load bb
>>
>>31648882
He loaded a single round
>>
Single round, heavier barrel
>>
>>31648838
The same reason why hathcock used M2
>>
>>31648909
Bren's shoot .50 bmg?

The bren was either using .303 or x51
>>
>>31648925
The Bren is retardedly accurate for being a support weapon.
>>
>>31648838

I spoke to some army guys that used the Bren hand me downs after the British left.

According to them, the first shot is pin point accurate.
>>
>>31648968
Basically this plus it has better sights for long range.
>>
>>31648987
He had a scope on his Enfield
>>
>>31648998
Maybe he as an individual marksman was more confident in the Bren at that range even without magnified optics
>>
>>31648838
Bi pod, heavy barrel...a light squad suppord machine gun can be quite the platform for single shots and WW2 era Bren machineguns and onward despite that ridicules HEMA/LARP british youtuber going full Katana fan boy mode on it and shitting on the "spandau", were pretty damn fine pieces of machinegunnery and had excellent barrels and sights that made them feel like laser pointers as to how flat and true to aim it was.

Brits and their Commonwealth/Empire troops loved them for it. Only thing holding them back was the top loaded box magazine. A belt fed version would probably be still in service today if tgey could make it lighter with todays modern allowys, maybe have engineers stream line it and add key mod attachment points.
>>
>>31649081

It would be interesting to see a modern version of said weapon.
>>
>>31649081
Its still in production in india, and still in service in india, and some of the former Polynesian colonies.

>>31649289
They did its called the l4 and fires nato 762
>>
>>31648838
Besides being more accurate there's also the fact that the new-production 7.62 NATO ammunition they had might be a bit more consistent than the surplus .303.
>>
>>31649488
Their Bren's had curved mags, not straight mags.
>>
>>31648838
the bren or how I call it "the not spandau" has no benefit what so ever. They probably wanted to show some iron sight adjustment because it was cooler.
This movie is totally retard, just think of the helicopter scene.
>>
>>31649514
showing him snipe Col. Sanders with the Enfield would have made people wonder why he didn't win the war all by himself with that scope
>>
What did he have a No4 T?

I would put my trust in that far above an open bolt MG firing the same round with irons. Better trigger too, and more mechanically accurate.
>>
>>31649501
He single-loaded it, no way to know if it had a straight or curved mag.
>>
>>31649921
Their other brens had curved mags. Are you saying they had fucking .303 and x51 brens in the same company?
>>
>>31649514
Lindy pls
>>
>>31649934
They had mixed No. 4 Enfields and L1A1s, they might have given the sniper the oddball x51 Bren so sorting out NATO versus 303 Bren mags wasn't a complete clusterfuck.
>>
>>31649992
>Ireland
>L1A1
>>
>>31650049
>L1A1
Fucking hell, they used Metric FNs. My bad.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.