[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be a bad idea to store all of my guns and ammo in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (484KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
484KB, 800x627px
Would it be a bad idea to store all of my guns and ammo in a old cargo van in my back yard?
>>
>he doesn't have a leaky boat
>>
>>31648628
Why? Mommy doesn't want them inside the house?
>>
>>31648628
Yes. I mean there are worse ideas, but that is on the bad idea spectrum. I don't know your situation, but in general a house is better protected against the elements and intrusion than an old cargo van, it's generally harder to drive\ tow away a house.
>>
>>31648628
Rent a climate controlled storage locker.
>>
I knew a guy who kept two vicious, mangy, poorly fed dogs tied to the rear bumper of a rusted out car in his hard, and kept his drugs in the trunk.

I recommend this security system heartily, cause it's the method of a gentleman.
>>
>>31648628
Instead of me telling you why it's not a great idea why don't you tell me why you want to store them outside in a van? Then I can see where the stupid is coming from and try to help you out.
>>
The only reason I would keep a firearm in my car is so I could call the cops on someone if they tow my car.

Keep a stripped lower in your car. "Sir, my vehicle is no longer where I left it, as is the assault rifle in the trunk. They took my firearm without my permission or authority of law, isn't that a felony officer?"
>>
>>31648628
Well, in regards to security overall it is a pretty bad idea. But if you are someone that subscribes to the "if it doesn't look valuable, then it won't be a target" ideology then with a waterproof box hidden inside with a padlock on it for an extra layer of security you should be fine. Hell, if you want to go all in make a seam on the fuel tank and put the lock box in there. Literally no one would steal the fuel tank of a rusted out van.

Could I ask why? Other options can be explored
>>
Bury it under the van in the yard.
>>
File: 091910-37-airstreamBambi.jpg (51KB, 590x405px) Image search: [Google]
091910-37-airstreamBambi.jpg
51KB, 590x405px
>he doesn't have a bambi
>>
>>31651160
I hope that druggie is poorly fed and chained to a bumper in hell
>>
>>31648628
Paint "Mobile Job Fair" on the side and you will be fine.
>>
File: 1475984329241.jpg (230KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1475984329241.jpg
230KB, 2000x1859px
>>31651304
kek

I would love to see someone pull this. I live in a rural state where guns in the truck are the norm, but they pretty much only tow if you're blocking snow plows. Which would, I guess, constitute an emergency (at least with the kind of weather we get here)
>>
File: cory-in-the-house.jpg (22KB, 367x367px) Image search: [Google]
cory-in-the-house.jpg
22KB, 367x367px
>>31653197
top kek
>>
>>31648628
>not down by the river
>>
File: FH.jpg (80KB, 598x378px) Image search: [Google]
FH.jpg
80KB, 598x378px
>>31648628
great idea
>>
>>31648796
>this
Pay cash, burn the records once you get it. Get a good lock for it. I would suggest a Mul-T-Lock MT5 core in a G series padlock, or an Abus 83CS/55 with a BiLock core.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.