[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: md_4__51766.png (1MB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
md_4__51766.png
1MB, 853x1280px
Are Sticky Holsters effective at retention and printing concealment for pocket carry?

Also pocket holster thread.
>>
>>31648241
I'd like to know as well, gonna go pocket pistol shopping this weekend.
>>
>>31648241
Retention? No. They stay pretty well put in your pocket, keeping the gun in orientation to be drawn. They are better than nothing for keeping lint out of your gun, but you still want to clean it regularly (even if you haven't fired it). I pocket carry daily with no real concern.
>>
>>31648241
They are decent holsters but have a few drawbacks.
1. They are very comfortable as long as you don't wear it against skin. It will pull hairs and get sweaty and if you aren't careful it may cause a rash.
2. They keep things in place as long as you don't move around too much. So they are good for office or driving carry or even for going to the theater/game/church and sitting. If you plan on constantly moving, bending, or lifting you will be readjusting it all the time.
3. They lose their "stickiness" after a few weeks of consistent wear, they say they don't but they do (even after cleaning them like the website says). Anything you use constantly will have normal wear and tear.

Bottom line: It is a comfortable yet very situational holster. I would recommend it but be aware of its weaknesses.
>>
>>31648241
As long as the grip doesn't stick out too far, it masks the shape as well (looks like a cell phone or wallet)
>>
>>31648241
They're great for IWB, with a snug belt that thing always stays. It works for pocket carry, but the pocket has to be the right size, or it can end up getting turned around.
>>
>>31648335
I can hold my sticky upside down with my gun in it no problems. Maybe you just bought the wrong size.
>>
Bought one for my g20 about 5 months ago.. Good for quick walk in the woods but not the most secure for everyday CCW. For 20-30 bucks definitely worth a shot
>>
>>31648241

CC'd a Glock 19 in one for a few months in appendix position, upgraded recently to a quality kydex IWB holster and a proper gun belt. 10 times more comfortable than the sticky.

The other anons are right, mine lost its stickiness even after a clean. But this isn't too bad considering i carried every day with it for 4 months.

Another problem was draw speed, it stayed in position enough to remain concealed but I found the grip would always end up flush with my belt. Less than ideal if shit were to hit the fan, would likely foul the draw.

Here in South Africa holster choices are a bit lacking, at the time all I could find was the sticky. Just chuffed I have the right gear now.
>>
>>31648241

I carry a Kahr mk9 with fat wood grips in my pocket in the summer with some no name ebay pocket holster.

Looks like my regular fat wallet, no one has ever asked me what it was.
>>
>>31648241
I've got three Desantis super fly holsters and love them.

I've carried one in particular edc for over a year and it still is fairly sticky.

The little spur flap at the back also helps snag on the back of pants pockets when drawing.

Plus they have a large detachable flap that velcros on if you carry it in a large coat pocket.

In my job im often rolling around on the floor working on stuff and I've never had it come out of my pants pocket or the pistol come out of it.
>>
>>31648241
I have a Desantis Superfly, which is similar. They work great but it will be pretty obvious you have a gun in your pocket, it does nothing to disguise the shape. You need a leather wallet style holster if printing is a concern.

Back when I worked for The Man I bought a cheap leather pocket holster, to which I stitched a rectangle of thick leather. Even in thin dress pants it looked like a notepad or a folded sheet of paper or something innocuous.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.