[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat people on the battlefield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Are fat bodies always a burden in a combat situation?

Do they require more resources?
Do they take more time to fulfull a given action?
Do they harm the image of whatever group they belong to?
Are they more likely to whine and complain, harming the overall group's effectiveness?
Are they able to carry as much as a comparable fit male?
Are they able to deal with physical obstacles as well as a normal human?

Does being a fat body give them any advantages?
>>
Any fat bodies on /k/ have any advice?
>>
>>31647863
There are zero advantages to being fat in modern combat.
>>
>>31647863
Zero advantage, more liability.

We had a fat fuck up an moved him to the Armory. When the BN CO or Sgt Major did inspections he was allowed to go to his room so he wouldn't be seen. Our 1st Sgt thought he was such a fat fuck up he literally tried to hide that he existed.
>>
>>31647863
More padding for when you dive into a ditch.
>>
File: even isis has mall ninjas.jpg (25KB, 566x390px) Image search: [Google]
even isis has mall ninjas.jpg
25KB, 566x390px
Fatties make everyone look bad
>>
/fit/ and /fa/ raid /k/. Go back to whence you came faggots.
>>
Literally only downsides.
>>
>>31647889
Wait what? How did he get away with this? Never a fitness test?
>>
>>31648300
Same thing happened with a female in my unit. Shit bag company grades and NCOs they are butt buddies with try and hide the fat bodies away. She was 250lbs from the very beginning of her enlistment and stuck it out for 8 years.
>>
They take slightly longer to die of hypothermia, but they still get frostbitten just as fast so it doesn't help.
>>
>>31647884
Except for more protection from bullets.
>>
>>31648300
Oh he passed. Probably with a second or third class PFT, which in the grunts anything less than a first class PFT gets you on double PT and a diet. Hell, 1st Sgt threatened to separate him for looking bad in uniform. Never did tho, just made him do bitch work 24/7

Funny story about Lcpl fatfuck.

>Commandant of Marine Corps is doing a tour of bases in Iraq
>He comes to our tiny little company fob
>He gives a speech to us as we huddle in a class circle
>Afterwards he's walking around talking to the Marines and Jr. Enlisted
>Commandant smacks Fat Fuck on the back
>Because he's nasty and doesn't wash his cammies all this dust flies off him
>The commandant asks him, "damn son, why are you so dirty?"
>Fat fuck just stares back like a dear in headlights
>Then the commandant says, "must just be a field marine" and walks off

We held our bearing but as soon as commandant was out of earshot we all laughed our asses off. Then his SL got pissed as shit and made him go clean up and take his shit to laundry.
>>
>>31648432
That was debunked, you would need to be so fat you cannot walk in order to protect even against 9mm rounds.
>>
>>31648432
well meme'd
>>
File: armywrong.jpg (58KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
armywrong.jpg
58KB, 604x453px
>>31648458
that's sad

I don't get it arn't they suppose to do like a test every year where they run or walk for certain time or else it's a medical discharge
>>
>>31647863
Yes to all except for the advantages bit.
>>31648089
t. fatty
>>
>>31648089
enjoy dying on the first day of SHTF when you realize all the fast food places are closed indefinitely
>>
>>31648800
>>31648800
irc the dude in this photo saw his buddies get killed in combat and got PTSD/Depression and used food as a coping mechanism, sad really
>>
File: IMG_1146.jpg (64KB, 580x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1146.jpg
64KB, 580x234px
>>31648938
Should have sent him to combat stress. This is now a whaler thread.
>>
>>31648830
>>31648842
Really snappy comebacks fellas. Top notch. Please don't reproduce.
>>
>>31647863
Human shields are best shields.
>>
>>31648800
No as I said he passed. He wasn't as fat as that either. That's whale status, he was just fat. He was able to meet minimum requirements. But that shit doesn't fly in the Infantry. He couldn't keep up was one problem. But on top of being fat he was a fuck up, even the Sshops didn't want him.
>>
>>31648938
Fucking bullshit
>>
Your clothing has additional room for more pockets to put ammo in.

You are more buoyant.
>>
>>31647863
Man, Edge of Tomorrow was the best film Cruise has done in decades.
>>
>>31649261
We should make fat guys carry ammo like donkeys during WW1
>>
If you function to standards, and don't take up additional resources who gives a fuck what you look like?
a soldier is a soldier
>>
>>31647863
Whats this movie?
>>
>>31650397
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
>>
>>31648458

At least you didn't go over to a logistic unit. Fat fucks, females, and fuck ups galore. All three were also generally inclusive as well.

Fuck MLG units.
>>
>>31650397
>>31650455
I was drunk and walked past a Redbox with it in it. I got it on an impulse and never regretted it. I bought a hard copy.

9/10 Fun action sci fi flick, didn't try to be more than it is.
>>
>>31650397
What happens when Starship Troopers and Groundhog Day have a love child.
The light novel is pretty cash too.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.