[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /k/ Why do you faggots hate this gun so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 40 shield.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
40 shield.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
Dear /k/

Why do you faggots hate this gun so much?
>>
They cant afford .40
>>
>>31647358
>40
>worst trigger in the subcompact world
>bigger than a glock 43
>rubbery grip sticks to clothing
>made by s&w cucks
>ugly as sin
>>
>>31647358
it's popular
>>
>>31647376
>>40
Elaborate? What's wrong with that?

>>worst trigger in the subcompact world
Why?

>>bigger than a glock 43
So the Glock 43 is the standard size that we should all use as a template? I'm fairly tall, and I find this gun to be perfectly fine for concealed carry (I normally wear clothes that conceal it well)

>>rubbery grip sticks to clothing
The grip is plastic.

>>made by s&w cucks
What's wrong with S&W?

>>ugly as sin
I disagree.

I'm literally not trolling, by the way.
>>
>>31647376
the trigger is garbage but in no universe is it bigger than a 9mm glock 43

The overall length is less, the thickness is less, it weighs the same.
>>
>>31647376
Doesn't really look bad... can't comment on the rest of it.
>>
Just to be clear, I find this gun to be a very comfortable fit in my hand (with the extended mag), it's accurate and reliable, I like the look of it, and it's still reasonably small enough to use as my concealed carry. Also, the trigger has never given me issues.

/k/ fags tend to get even more triggered when the learn that it has a red LCI. I still can't understand why people care so much.
>>
>>31647396
I'm short and I find it perfect for CC. It's so thin. It completely vanishes, I don't even have to dress like a dweeb

I found it ugly at first glance, but bought it because it was practical and I liked the feel in my hand. Now I think it looks great, it grew on me

>>31647417
Trigger feels awful, there's no defending the trigger. I shoot well with it anyway
>>
>>31647417
grip length is also a measurement buddy
>>
>>31647396
/pol/ tards call S&W cucks because of how they bent over and took it from the Clintons in the 90s.

S&W make some good guns, they really do. The M&Ps in my opinion aren't one of them. The trigger feels squishy and they don't feel right in the hand. My hand anyways. Most people end up getting an aftermarket trigger kit, which shouldn't be a thing. If your customers buy your gun and immediately go out and spend another 50+$ on a trigger kit, your gun has a crucial design flaw.

2nd and 3rd gen S&Ws are god tier guns though.
>>
>>31647358
Literally because it is very, very popular and lots of people sing its praises. There's a huge tendency here to go against what the mainstream gun community is into
>>
>>31647456
you're right, the shield also has a smaller grip length
>>
>>31647358
It looks like autism from the waist down. Just get an XDs in FATANDSLOW caliber
>>
>>31647452
>I find it perfect for CC. It's so thin. It completely vanishes, I don't even have to dress like a dweeb
Exactly. There are quite a few comfortable carry options, which is what initially drew me to it in the first place -- I won't lie, one of the main reasons this gun caught my eye in the shop was that it looked good to me, it was very small, AND it was large enough to fit in my hand comfortable, which is a very nice touch.

Most of the suggested concealed carry guns felt laughably tiny in my hands.

>Trigger feels awful, there's no defending the trigger. I shoot well with it anyway
I really don't notice any issues. I haven't noticed much of a difference between this and the other guns I've shot in my life. Granted, I've only shot shit, a few glocks, and some other pistols I can't remember a long time ago. I tend to be pretty accurate without much hassle.

>>31647474
So in other words, the only people who have a real, angry issue with it are fucking neckbeards?
>>
>>31647534
r u dum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pHdg4F15aQ
>>
who cares, it's one of the most popular ccw choices available.
>>
I don't hate it... the trigger could be better but it's a good subcompact other wise
>>
>>31647376
>>bigger than Glock 43
>holds proportionately more rounds

>>rubbery grip sticks to clothing
>never actually holding/carrying a shield

>>Ugly as sin
>Sexier than an XDS
>>
>>31647376
>rubbery grip

Are you thinking of the right gun?
>>
>>31647376
>40
Agreed, .40 is a shit caliber for subcompact.
>worst trigger in the subcompact world
Absolutely not
>bigger than a glock 43
Barely larger, it's also more ergonomic.
>rubbery grip sticks to clothing
There is no "rubbery grip" you dumb nigger, have you ever felt/used a Shield?
>made by s&w cucks
>le cuck maymay
After the 90's, what have they done that makes them "cucks"? They've helped stop every major push for gun control since Bill Clinton.
>ugly as sin
Function > Form

You sound like a retard.
>>
>>31649410

I own a 9mm shield and think the trigger is horrendous. Hands down the worst of any gun I own. I once read it described as like dragging a heavy object down a gravel road.

What subcompact would you say has a worse trigger?
>>
>>31647358

>40

i like the 9mm version. while i disagree with a LCI, it is the best production gun for commiefornia fags for ccw
>>
>>31649433
XD-S, Ruger LC9, Taurus G2
>>
>>31649410
>Agreed, .40 is a shit caliber for subcompact.
Why does that seem to be the consensus on this board?

>>31649465
>while i disagree with a LCI
Why don't you like LCIs? As far as the one on the 40 Shield, it's probably one of the most noticeable from the front and sides.
>>
>>31650157
>why is .40 shit
It's not. None of the caliber wars shit makes any sense. Don't bother trying to understand fanboy arguments

>Why don't you like LCIs
some people think they make you complacent and lazy, and that instead of following the Four Rules you rely on a mechanical indicator which can fail. Personally I don't care if its there but I don't fuck around with guns anyway and I wouldn't trust my life to it
>>
>>31650199
See, you GET me. Who gives a fuck what the caliber is? As long as it's strong enough to drop a nigger breaking into your house, but not so strong that it sends you on your own heels.

And with the LCIs. People have talked to me like I'm a pleb for owning a gun with a bright red LCI, but I don't see how that makes my firearm any less capable of doing it's job in dispatching hood ninjas than any other standard pistol. Sure, the LCI shouldn't actually be -necessary- since you'd have to be fucking retarded not to treat a gun with care and all, but it doesn't fucking OFFEND me or anything. Shit.
>>
>>31649478
>XD-S
>Grip Safety
It's okay gramps, the nurse is coming around with your meds soon.
>>
>>31651540
Are you responding to the right person?
>>
>>31651554
It's okay, i'm waiting for my meds too
>>
>>31651540
Good God man you can't even shitpost properly
>>
>>31650157

lci gives you a false sense of security.

the gun is always loaded. always. relying on a lci instills bad habbits, and a bad mentality regarding firearm saftey
>>
>>31652781
>relying on a lci instills bad habbits
Who the fuck said anything about -relying- on a LCI? Yes, we should always treat firearms as if they're loaded and ready to fire, but is that really a good reason for the neckbeards on this board to get so upset about them? Now I'd agree with you if I was some stupid nigger, pointing a gun around at people just because the LCI wasn't up, but that ISN'T the case. An LCI also doesn't just have to be for the person who draws the firearm. What I'm saying is that the faggots who give me shit about my gun are AGGRESSIVELY against a LCI (and the entire fucking gun, for that matter), and no one has given me a reasonable explanation for it.
>>
Literally carrying this exact gun right now. I like it. Its not the best, but it was what my dad had and was one of the few handguns I had experienced when I bought mine so its what I bought
>>
>>31652995

they are only on guns because commiefornia decided guns required them.
>>
>>31653040
Of the 6 or so pistols I've shot, this is definitely my favorite of the bunch. I'm not very experienced with guns in general, but after putting about 1,200 rounds through mine, I can say that it stands out from the bunch in terms of comfort and size. I like Glocks, but the ergonomics just can't compare.
>>
>>31653072
>they are only on guns because commiefornia decided guns required them.
So what? Is that really a reason not to use this gun? What I'm saying is that I LIKE this gun (LCI, double safety and all), but that doesn't tend to be sufficient reason for the neckbeards who apparently think I'm too 'casual' of a gun owner. Last time I checked, any decently sized handgun is a perfectly useful tool for dropping home intruders or for self defense out and about.
>>
>>31647358
I have a 9 and like it overall. Really the trigger just has too much draw on it, so yeah, a bit squishy. I don't know why they did it and it is annoying at first, but it doesn't take long to get comfortable with it. You could also mod it if you prefer. I will mod mine eventually but I do or get work done on most of my triggers. With the exception of some revolvers, I don't know of a gun that has a perfect trigger for me straight from the factory.
It's most certainly not the worst trigger. I don't feel any grain or too much resistance in mine, it just has a lot of travel.
>>
>>31653075
Ive got about 3000+ rounds through mine and still havnt had a single failure to feed/failure to eject/jam of any sort. I like mine, but I like glocks too, ive only shot glock 17/19s though
>>
>>31651459
>Who gives a fuck what the caliber is? As long as it's strong enough to drop a nigger breaking into your house, but not so strong that it sends you on your own heels.

The thing is, 9mm does this too. With more capacity, less recoil, and cheaper ammo. The only reason to buy a .40 is if you own a bunch of .40s and no 9mms.
>>
>>31647358
Downsides I've read about include the fact that the chamber isn't fully supported so they tend to blow up more often than the competition.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.