[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

So I recently bought a Savage 10 fcp-sr .308 and I would like some feedback for a good optic to throw on it.

I would like to get into long distance target practice up to 1k yards and figured a fixed 10x would allow me to buy a higher quality scope for less money. I'm primarily looking for mil reticle and mil turrets.

I've been thinking about the Bushnell 10x elite tactical and SS 10x. I'd be willing to spend $300-600$ for optic and rings at this time.

If there's a decent variable available, I'd certainly consider that. I'd be grateful for any suggestions, really.
>>
-get parallax adjustment
-forget about 308 for 1000 yards
>>
>>31645823
Yea, no parallax adjustment is my biggest problem with the bushnell.

And not sure about the second comment. Many people I know can hit paper out to 1k+ yards with a .308.
>>
>>31645833
If hitting paper is what you want then sure, it will work. If you want small groups you are looking at expensive rifles and should consider better suited calibers with better BC, less wind drift etc.
>>
Swfa 10x or PA 4-14x44 FFP mil mil. Personally I'd get the PA mildot and don't do the Acss r grid
>>
File: SWFA_2015_Black_Friday_small.jpg (538KB, 1500x973px) Image search: [Google]
SWFA_2015_Black_Friday_small.jpg
538KB, 1500x973px
>>31645803
I'd definitely suggest an SWFA SS10x42MQ (mil/mil adjustments with mil-quad reticle). Good clarity, very repeatable turrets, and the reticle is pretty good too.

If you wanted to grow your budget a bit, then look at the apochromatic version (SSHD10X42MQ) and maybe wait for Black Friday to purchase it. It's not been discounted before but lens clarity is far better.

Another great deal would be their excellent 3-15X. That's achromatic glass again so it's a good deal if you wanted some different magnification options. The reticle is in the first focal plane so you can still learn/eye/dial your windage and elevation accurately, as well as range with it.
>>
>>31645803
Sorry mate, you don't get decent and cheap in the same sentence. Buy once cry once. Nightvision ATACR 4-16x50 with tremor reticle.
>>
>>31646574
If you're going for a more expensive scope, vortex pst 6-24 ebr2c. I wouldn't buy NF for a precision rifle; claimed durability isn't really worth it and you can get better glass for the money
>>
>>31646628
I'll check it out thanks anon, however, i tend to use the scopes out in the field more than benchrest, so the durability is a plus for me
>>
Not the best but plenty good for hunting, natchezz is having a sale on Weaver superslam scopes
>>
>>31645803
+1 for the SWFA , tho I might go with the 12 if you're shooting exclusively past 200 yards.
>>
I need a scope for my mossberg lever action 30-30, doesnt need to go super far but enough to shoot deerts. Anyone got any reccomendations?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.