[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beretta PX4 Compact Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: px4 spec.jpg (48KB, 530x508px) Image search: [Google]
px4 spec.jpg
48KB, 530x508px
Are you going to get it? It's going to be available in a week.
>>
>>31645430
If I still have a job and can find a buyer for my Glock, probably will get it when a decock only kit or model comes out.

No real reason other than I have a nostalgia for decock only pistols from having a Ruger P95DC and hating Ruger for not continuing the P-series
>>
>>31645470
>probably will get it when a decock only kit or model comes out.

The Compact 'Carry' model specifically already comes with the G Conversion already done which makes it decocker only. Stock Berettas are generally type F which means safety decocker.

And even if you did get a stock PX4, converting it to decocking only consists of removing a ball bearing and spring.
>>
>>31645492
Oh, then I will probably buy it even if it might be a little ill advised. They really need to outright say 'Model G = Decock only'
>>
File: langdon-1.jpg (654KB, 1200x671px) Image search: [Google]
langdon-1.jpg
654KB, 1200x671px
>>31645523
I'm going to order it asap when it does come out.

This is a really good thread made by the guy who pretty much went to Beretta and suggested making it based on the modifications he has already done to his.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16519-The-PX4-Compact-might-be-my-DA-SA-Glock-19

>They really need to outright say 'Model G = Decock only'

Beretta really sucks at marketing or communicating what they have in a gun that is basically unheard of. But to be fair, anyone who's familiar with Berettas knows what the G variant is.
>>
>>31645539
I sometimes wonder if I and just bad keeping up with the firearms world or if certain companies are just bad at marketing because I would have never known there was a hammer fired DA/SA decocker pistol if someone didn't correct me in a thread where I complained about the lack of such.
>>
>>31645658
Beretta really did a bad job at showcasing the PX4 to everyone. Even Ernest Langdon, someone who shoots Berettas competitively never had it in his radar.

They could be showing how it has adjustable backstraps, different size magazine release buttons, low profile decocking levers but they don't. They really are bad at marketing. The only thing said recently by Beretta about the Compact Carry is the projected month of release from someone asking them on twitter. That's it.

And the only footage or information on the APX is from some dude in Argentina.
>>
>>31645684
Really hope this doesn't flop, the PX4 seemed to have gotten by with word of mouth but for such a large company they seem to largely ignore the US domestic market.
>>
Why not just convert a normal one to decocker only with the parts beretta sells?

Youre paying more money for them doing the job for u.
>>
>>31645430
i like the rotating barrel. my old beretta cougar has it and the storm is more or less a cheaper polymer version of the cougar.
>>
>>31645430
If they made on with a frame mounted safety I'd buy it, sure, but that's not going to happen.
>>
>>31645849
>frame safty
>when there is a decock only model
Do you want a Hillary hole too?
>>
wish it was smaller.
>>
I remember hearing about this some time ago. What's the actual market price (not MSRP) likely to be?
>>
>>31645684
I bought a Px4 about 6-7 years ago when they were fairly new to the market and I was fairly new to pistol shooting.

It was never on my radar. I didn't even know it existed.

I did everything right when buying your first pistol: watched videos on safety/handling, read reviews and tried to find comparisons between various mfgs and models.

Not once did I see the px4.

I went to cabelas to get a feel for the few pistols I had selected. Off to the corner like a lost puppy was the px4.

Now I have 6 pistols and still favor the px4 for a lot of reasons. Got a cx4 to add to the value of owning a px4.

Does anybody know if the compact will take px4 mags?
>>
File: image.jpg (224KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224KB, 1000x561px
>>31648468
The Px4 is criminally underrated. I just wish someone like Dawson would make a fiber optic sight for the Px4.

Also yes, the compact will take fullsize Px4 mags
>>
>>31645430
I've been putting off getting a P-07 for this gun for over a year now. I can't wait for these to get released. I do wish it was slightly smaller, ~12/13rds or so but it'll do fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 637x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 637x600px
>>31648585
I was thinking of duplicating this but with the PX4 Subcompact. Apparently the Subcompact version has some issues but people said that about the regular PX4 that turned out to be untrue.

I'm also looking at getting a CZ RAMI BD with work done by Cajun Gunworks
>>
>>31645430
So what's the the hype about? Isn't it just smaller Px4?
>>
>>31648621
No snowflake action no care desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 640x1136px
>>31648641
It's basically Ernest Langdon's PX4 with all of the modifications he's put into it.
>trigger kit with a 7lb DA pull
>three different magazine release button sizes
>three different grip backstraps
>orange Ameriglo front sight with blacked out rear
>three 15rd magazines
>rubber Talon grips
>cerakoted slide
>low profile decocker lever kit
>already make decocker only instead of safety/decocker

And it's $200-$300 cheaper than if you would buy everything individually. Not a lot of hoopla if you don't care for TDA guns but it has the potential to be one of the best out of the box.
>>
>>31648106
Most likely $750
>>
>>31645430
>Are you going to get it?
Barrel is a bit short for my tastes, so no. Aside form the barrel lengths though I do believe the PX4 is a good underrated pistol in general though.
>>
>>31651056
>Barrel is a bit short
>for a compact model
Is there something I'm missing or...
>>
>>31651292
Other companies somehow manage 3.5"-4" "Compacts". Also, the full size .45 model should at least have a 4.5"...
>>
>>31645470
You can make it decock only in 5 min.
>>
File: tmp_11172-wm_3732713-356384392.jpg (105KB, 1024x596px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11172-wm_3732713-356384392.jpg
105KB, 1024x596px
>>31645658
Most gun enthusiasts don't realize how many models Beretta put out over the years, mostly because Beretta sucks at marketing, just like walther and steyr.

Take this little Compact D type M for all your DAO single stack night sighted needs. They brought the vertec back, so I'm waiting on a centurian with a rail and removable sights

>>31645684
Bruh, this gun is pretty much a factory version of the shit langdon did to his own Px4s
>>
>>31651412
Oh, so you want the full size 9mm or SD45, which meet YOUR criteria for a compact pistol for which there are no actual industry standards.
>>
>>31645430
Should I wait I was planning on buying PX4 compact tomorrow. Any idea of the new ones msrp? What is the biggest draw to this version?
>>
>>31654559
750ish and >>31648811
>>
File: IMG_1081.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1081.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I've already got the compact, love it.
>>
>>31645430
So I have a full-size and my friends dad has the compact. A few inches off the barrel and a little off the grip doesn't make this compact. It's a pretty wide pistol and chunky. So I would just say get the full size cause the compact isn't any easier to carry.
>>
I have the full size version. Great gun, but too wide for concealment.
>>
>>31654805
Yeah if you have a wide frame they can be a pain. Luckily I'm pretty skinny so I can do it pretty well even with just a t-shirt
>>
You all know.... you can make your px4 a decocer only by just removiny the safety detent and spring.
>>
>>31654805
>want to bump up in size from Shield to a DA/SA
>PX4 Compact Carry is everything I want
>skinny and live in South FL
>mfw this is the only worry for me
>>
>>31654877
Nah bro, I'm skinny and can carry it pretty well. You just got to find your sweet spot on your frame.
>>
>>31654919
That dude from Lucky Gunner can conceal his pretty well with nothing but a polo and he's skinny as fuck. I might give it a go.
>>
>>31653883
>Oh, so you want the full size 9mm or SD45
Generally, the grip length and width are the most important factors in a "compact". Also see >>31654803

And yes, a full size .45 service pistol should have at least a 4.5" barrel - preferably 5", which the round was designed around. You going to argue with that too?
>>
>>31658426
Ballistics out of a 4" barrel .45acp are fine. 12-18" and good expansion with a fair amount of commercially available cartridges.
>>
>>31659254
>Ballistics out of a 4" barrel .45acp are fine.
Fine, but suboptimal and again totally pointless in a full size gun. It's kind of ironic Springfield is one of the only companies that got this one thing right with their polymer pistols, considering how mediocre they are in every other regard.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 480x360px
>can't put an xc1 on the compact
>>
All my guns have been used. How're you guys going about getting this on day one?
>>
>>31645684
I was breddy budget conscious when I purchased a CZ but when I bought, the Px4 Compact carry was on my radar heavily.

I still think I might get it in the next few months, though.
>>
>>31661277
going to a store that stocks them and exchanging an appropriate amount of currency for a NiB pistol is my go to
>>
>>31661322
I thought supply was going to be an issue with this release.
>>
>>31645430
>>31648554
Does it bother anyone else that it comes from the factory with grip tape on it? If it apparently has interchangeable backstraps, then people are going to have to replace that shit. Grip tape just cheapens the appearance to me. Why didn't they just change the grip texture on the frame itself?

>>31648811
Is it going to be cheaper for someone who just wanted the G-kit?
>>
>>31661501
>Does it bother anyone else that it comes from the factory with grip tape on it?

I'm pretty sure it won't.

>Is it going to be cheaper for someone who just wanted the G-kit?

>>31645492
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.