[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shipping crates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: boomstick.jpg (31KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
boomstick.jpg
31KB, 564x564px
So in a shtf/happening situation how useful would something like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3EAJex1RVo
be? Also how well could one of these be made into a easily defensible bunker/fortress?

>Pic unrelated, just something I want as an Instant-Dindu-Remover.
>>
Do you have $12k to blow on an underground shelter? Does it do anything better than your basement? Seriously, uparmor your basement, seal it from flood, have all your storage and backups in there, and if shtf you fill the upstairs with grease, marbles, dangling fish hooks, and lego. See if any cunt even makes it past the front hall.

>Also how well could one of these be made into a easily defensible bunker/fortress?
It's garbage for that. The only thing you get a thin metal box. By the time you add all the armor or support you will have a complete bunker/fortress without the need for the shipping container at all.
>>
File: 1475818350533.gif (999KB, 167x165px) Image search: [Google]
1475818350533.gif
999KB, 167x165px
>>31644708
>that video
What the fuck no just stop holy shit no.

Absolute garbage design. None of that looks good to last, they didn't put it deep enough, and they could have saved time, effort, and likely money just by starting from scratch with a designed structure meant for underground burial.
>>
File: don't bury shipping containers.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
don't bury shipping containers.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
>>31644708
so much to point out

1. underground bunkers are misunderstood, you can't defend them; you just can't
if you're caught in one 20 men can be killed by one guy sitting on top
you have no way out, and no awareness of what awaits up on the surface
and thats if nobody blocks your air vents

2. so much material has been used here, why even use a shipping container

3. they won't protect you from much, maybe a fire
but you risk being buried or the shelter collapsing

at the end of the day you should spend less and just make a root cellar
or spend more and build a propper one

this jackass spent 12000$ moving a perfectly functional shipping container a foot underground and hard to get into
and his designs goes beyond unsafe, it laughable
what's retaining hte dirt from crushing inwards?!
does he think a shipping container can bear the weight of a 6in cement slab?

it's going to rain, wash the dirt against th container semi-crushing it
the slab will crack because it's LITTERALLY SUPPORTED BY THE DIRT AROUND IT
fair chance it could collapse
>>
>>31644708
Not sure why burying shipping containers is even thought of as a good idea, when you could use pre-fabricated reinforced concrete pipes.

They're meant to be buried.
They can be sealed.
Built to standards for that sort of shit.
They're made in a variety of sizes, and are modular, so you can put 'em together like Lego.
Comparatively cheaper.
>>
>>31645716
for some time I've been interested in building a shelter/store in a section of pipe like that

not sure how you would make best use of the space
>>
build one like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO25JYAaJC0
>>
>>31646263
>>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 633758-tubo-hotel.jpg (82KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
633758-tubo-hotel.jpg
82KB, 650x366px
>>31646115
like this (or longer, 2 or 3 section togetherbut with a lot of earth around & over them with a ladder in a vertical pipe section (would need entrances cut in it though).
>>
File: w89UVGA.jpg (215KB, 1200x975px) Image search: [Google]
w89UVGA.jpg
215KB, 1200x975px
>>31646115
You could do a floor like >pic related, then divide the under-floor bit into sections for storage of stuff like beans and rice. Kinda like a really shallow cellar.
>>
>>31646345
well that as always going to be the general idea

my question would be more how to store things effectively under the floor
would you have lift-up sections?

my biggest concern would be ho you ensured your exit wasn't blocked
>>
>>31646360
Divide the storage area lengthwise, and have wooden panels that slide across the centre like display cases.

Not sure how your exit's being blocked in this scenario.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.