[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering buying a Steyr SSG 08 in .308 as my first rifle. Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (13KB, 650x179px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 650x179px
Considering buying a Steyr SSG 08 in .308 as my first rifle. Thoughts?
>>
how small is your penis exactly?
>>
Is your penis small or do you play CS?
>>
>>31640569
5" and I haven't played CS since 2003
>>
>>31640519
Your an idiot
>>
>>31640661
ok
>>
>>31640519
It's your money, and it's a great rifle. If you make good cash go for it. Just know whenever you miss it's your noob ass and not the rifle.
>>
There are much bettet rifles for much less. And as a first rifle jumping right into a precision rifle at $1 a shot is sure to limit the amount of practice you will do.

Meme though it may be a good bolt action 22 is a fantastic option. The 22lr mimics the balistics of the 308 for trajectory and wind drift. At a closer range.

You can spend anywhere from $300- 2000 on a 22lr.

I would say look at the savage mk2 or the cz bolt actions ( 455 or 452) of the sake 22lr,
>>
>>31640736
Great thanks
>>
>>31640519
Dont ask for peoples opinions on this board with intent of getting informative feedback (notice the refrences to penis length). But I'll give you my 2 cents since you asked. No I wouldn't get that as your first rifle because 308 is way too powerful of a round to shoot as a newbie ( assuming you've never fired a weapon). People will tell you to start off with a 22lr and for good reasons: its cheap ammo and a cheap rifle, teaches you not to flinch, trigger discipline, yada yada yada. I personally would've wished to start off with a 22magnum rifle because 22lr is pretty much a bbgun. I would progress into a 223 after you get used to firing the 22 mag and then once you're comfortable start shooting bigger calibers. This will save you money in the end.
>>
File: 1456289768694.jpg (29KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1456289768694.jpg
29KB, 720x540px
>>31640736
firstly, this.

secondly Op, it's a great Rifle Op, get it if you want but I'd grab a .22 as well. just my .02
>>
Save yourself 2 grand and get a Ruger American in 308.
>>
Actually. Starting out with a 223 bolt action is a great option too.

Howa makes a mini action in 223.
Savage makes some fantastic 223 rifles
Cz makes a great bolt action 223.

Ammo is about half the cost of the 308. It is an accurate round, and it is a rifle you will enjoy to jse even after you move up to your dream 308.
>>
File: 1445968952419.jpg (69KB, 515x768px) Image search: [Google]
1445968952419.jpg
69KB, 515x768px
>>31640661

> your an idiot
> your an
> your
>>
>>31640736
>There are much better rifles

Not really man, they're pretty much as good as a .308 or .300 winmag gets by any metric I can think of, there are plenty that are just as good, and yes much cheaper (like a grand can get you there pre glass), but can't think of anything that's provably better.

Agree on it being a smarter\ more reasonable plan to start small and work your way up, but if the dude has too much money, what's the harm?
>>
>>31640833
^this
>>
Literally every person who wants a "sniper" rifle falls in the category of

-never owned a gun before
-learned about guns from video games
-never spent times innawoods (or else would know why lugging around a 15 lbs stick is a bad idea)
-has "sniper" fantasies
-thinks a faux "sniper rifle will compensate for being a fatty with a small dick

You aren't the first idiot to come on here and unfortunately you won't be the last either
>>
>>31640833
He's talking about dropping 5k on a first gun, I think we can either safely assume ammo cost doesn't matter or he's an idiot.
>>
>>31640519
a mossbeg patriot will cost youa round 500$ and you'll be much happier with it. invest what you save in the optic and ammo.
>>
>>31640519
it's a good rifle. if you can afford it, go for it and ignore the poorfag crybabys.
>>
This must be some kind of bait thread

I'd you have that kind of money buy a Sako TRG and save yourself a few thousand
>>
May have to save a round or two but you could always get an AI AEmkIII. Friend of mine uses it for long range target shooting and he swears by it.
>>
>>31640519
Can you afford one?

>>31640833
I second this. I have several rifles and I still want a bolt action .223. Even cheap .308 isn't cheap.
>>
>>31640519
I'd recommend an inexpensive-but-accurate rifle in .223, OP. Something like the offerings from Savage or Mossberg, or the Ruger American. Something that comes stock with a good trigger. Put a Harris bipod and a Burris 3x9 on it and shoot your inexpensive low-recoil ammo until you can routinely paste things out to 300 yards, which is further than 90% of the hasfunz community can.

At that point, if you feel the need to upgrade, do so. This is like getting a Mazerati Diablo right after you get your driver's permit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.