[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best handguns under $500...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: DB9LL_RIGHT_SIDE_SQ_1024x1024.jpg (113KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DB9LL_RIGHT_SIDE_SQ_1024x1024.jpg
113KB, 1024x1024px
Hey /k/

I just wanted to drop by and ask again about the best handguns under 500. I also want to thank the anons from last friend that told me where to find CCC( concealed carry classes ) in my area and that recommended I look at the Sig Sauer P250. In my last thread I had mentioned I wanted to buy one to protect myself and my family with a rising crime and clown rate near my neighborhoods and you had told me to wait for $1000.00 before I shopped but as of last night that is sadly not an option afforded to me.

If you had to pick one under $500.00 what would you pick and why? What would you avoid? Right now the only recommendations I have been given to follow up on are the earlier mentioned P250 and a DB9.
>>
>>31636691
Just get an AR.
>>
>>31636696
I don't think I can conceal-carry an AR. Sorry Anon.
>>
File: finger-gun_mr-bean_9965.jpg (57KB, 295x262px) Image search: [Google]
finger-gun_mr-bean_9965.jpg
57KB, 295x262px
>>31636691
>clowns

Your cheapest option is making them think you have a gun. Mimes are the clown's mortal enemy.
>>
>>31636691
Kahr CM9. 6+1 9mm and it's almost as small as an LCP.
>>
>>31638012
What makes the Kahr so good, anon? What is the price of it?
>>
>>31636691
How do you plan on carrying your gun? Pocket, IWB, OWB? Are you willing to make wardrobe changes to accommodate your gun if your current wardrobe doesn't fit? What's the climate of the region you live in? Do you prioritize ease of carry or ballistic performance/capacity? Are you only considering semi-autos, or are you thinking about revolvers as well? How much work are you willing to put in as far as becoming a good shot?

OP, all of these are important questions to consider when looking for a concealed carry gun. If you answer them, I can give you some concrete recommendations.
>>
>>31636691
we told you to save up a grand since you wanted a gun, ammo, holster and training for 500 which is simply not possible.

a case of 9mm is $200-250, a decent holster and belt will be $100-150. toss in the cost of a few spare mags and that leaves you almost nothing for the gun itself. then youve still got training and fees for your ccw which varies depending on state

if you just want a gun 500 dollars is enough to buy like 60% of pistols of the market. go to a store buy something in your price range. if you saved up 600 most production pistols are in your grasp.

your $450 pistol and 1 box of ammo wont make you prepared for a damn thing though.
>>
Walther pps 9mm
Glock 43
M&p shield compact
Beretta nano
beretta sub compact px4

Just couple easy to cc under 500
>>
>>31636775
If you can conceal an Aston Martin you can conceal an AR

>DB9
>>
SHIELD IS THE KING OF CCW AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS NOW
H
I
E
L
D
>>
>>31639163
So much this.
>>31636691
Caliber and size, OP?
I'd buy Bersa Thunder in 380 .acp for 300$ + holster and ammo.
>>
>>31640022
Better hope it doesn't get wet.
>>
>>31638971
Kahr's comfortable, concealable, reliable and reasonably priced.
>>
>>31636691
>DB9LL_RIGHT_SIDE_SQ_1024x1024.jpg

Did someone take my childhood crayon drawings and design a gun off that?
I want my royalties.
>>
>clown rate rising

we are truly living in the future
>>
>>31636691
>first handgun
>recommended a DAO and a subcompact jam-fest
jesus christ is this what day/k/ is like?

>pistols under $500
S&W M&P (full size and compact/shield models)
CZ P-07
FNS-9 (full size and compact)

>holster
hybrid (leather + kydex) holsters are best, but a $20 Remora holster will work fine for compact models.

>ammo
Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot in any caliber

>classes
with youtube, the only purpose of a CCW class is to get a piece of paper to apply for a license
>>
>>31638012
or just get an LC9...
or an LCP
>>
>>31640022
yeah but then you own a shield.
>>
>DB9
I once picked up one of those.

The front sight fell off. It was glued in.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.