[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adjustable Gas Blocks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: GB-ADJ.jpg (555KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
GB-ADJ.jpg
555KB, 2000x1334px
Half of what I read about them says they are the #1 best upgrade you can do to reduce felt recoil will increase the life of your parts and performance of the ammo you tuned it to.

The other half of the stuff I see is that they're a 3-gun meme and unless you're Keanu you shouldn't have one because it makes your rifle unreliable outside of the specific load you tuned it to.

Are they meme or supreme?
>>
Suppressed.
Normal.
Adverse.
The only three settings you'll ever need.
>>
>>31636491
If you really need to reduce felt recoil in an AR, you have bigger problems than needing an adjustable gas block. AR's have like 0 felt recoil
>>
>>31636491
how could the freedom of using your gas amount be a bad thing ?

if you need more gas - turn up the valve
>>
>>31636491
The vast majority of AR rifles come over gassed from the factory, this is so neckbeards who don't clean their rifles an use shit ammo don't complain about "reliability" An adjustable gas block allows you to restrict gas flow to only what is needed for a particular type of ammo. This reduces recoil, extends part life and can also cause less fouling in the action. adjustable gas blocks are great.
>>
>>31636491
Fun fact, AK pattern rifles are CRAZY over gassed, this is one of the reasons they run so reliably. it is possible though to make your gas block adjustable. An adjustable gas block on an ak is nice, because it gives you a noticeable drop in recoil and stops your bolt form beating the shit out of your receiver.
>>
>>31637158
>yfw AK is self regulated gas system

Top maymay
>>
>>31636491
>makes your rifle unreliable outside of the specific load you tuned it to.
those idiots don't realize that you can adjust the gas block to provide more gas than needed.
>>
>Midlength
>heavy buffer
>all problems solved
No need for an adjustable block unless you have an sbr or carbine.
>>
>>31637180
Someone cannot into reading
>>
>>31636539
>AR's have like 0 felt recoil
Not if it is AR-10.
>>
>>31636491
If you're building the gun anyway, you might as well spend an extra 30 shekels on it so you can tune it to fire the weakest loads you can find. If it shoots them reliably then anything else will be fine and your muzzle break can actually do its job because it will have enough gas to work.
>>
File: 20151205_211857.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151205_211857.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>31638587
Fuck.
>Muzzle brake
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.