[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kel-Tec RFB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: RFB18BLK-1.jpg (202KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
RFB18BLK-1.jpg
202KB, 1280x852px
How terrible are they?

I want a 308 bullpup, but

>Kel-Tec.

Are they as terrible as the KSG?
>>
File: 1_scar_bullpup_399259939673.jpg (104KB, 1280x601px) Image search: [Google]
1_scar_bullpup_399259939673.jpg
104KB, 1280x601px
>>31635973
Worse
>>
>>31635973
They're great. Buy one while you can.
>>
File: 562.png (532KB, 1597x1600px) Image search: [Google]
562.png
532KB, 1597x1600px
>>31635975
took me a minute to figure this one out
>>
>>31635973
I have to admit that looks fucking sick

Spacegun as hell
>>
>>31635973
It's not too bad. It's heavy and vertically strings when things are getting hot. Gen 1 gas systems had a tendency to crack. And the gas system can be timed like a Swiss watch. But it is a very cool blaster, fires with authority, not too bad of a kick and draws attention.
>>
>>31635996
Nutnfancy likes em, but his enthusiasm for certain products of questionable quality doesn't sit will with me.
>>
>>31636138
Thanks anon.

Stringing and racking? Ugh - maybe I should just end up with a SOCOM II or something instead... : (
>>
RFB > SCAR
>>
Its accurate and a bullpup.

But if you get a failure to eject its the biggest pain in the ass to clear sometimes. Had to get a stick to pry the cartridge out cause it got stuck In between the bolt and something else pretty bad.

Wasn't my gun though so not sure if that's normal
>>
>>31636181
>stringing
I really think a lot of this has to do with my choice of optic mounts. Ive been told by other RFB owners that theirs doesnt string.

>cracking
Anyone you buy now will have a gen 2 gas system, those dont crack. I have a gen 1 and have never had an issue and if you do Keltec will upgrade your rifle to a gen 2 for free.

Just FYI. Oh and theyre waaay cheaper than a SCAR.
>>
>>31636319
Looking at one for 1450 otd. Thinking that's pretty much as good as it gets. Anything to visually differentiate the Gen 1 and Gen 2?

Thanks anon.
>>
>>31636502
1459 is pretty good. A swift indicator of a gen 2 is to flip the rifle over and look at the bolt through the magwell. If it is cadmium plated (gold in color) it is a gen 2. If it is silver it is a gen 1. There may or may not have been a manufacturing overlap so to be certain look at the gas block on the front of the rifle. Look on google images for RFB gas block gen 1/ 2. To the untrained eye they look avout the same but theyre are machined very differently. The gen 1 has scallop cuts in the gas block to use the rim of the cartridge as a wrench. The gen 2 has holes in its end to use the bullet tip as the wrench.
>>
>>31636693
Cheers man.
>>
>>31636143
Well I know MINE has been nothing but sunshine and rainbows. Just stick to new mags, and buy a cheek piece.
>>
>>31636502
The gas adjustment knob. On a general 1, it'll look like a castle nut. Gen 2 just has a couple holes in it for adjustment with a tool (if you need to fuck with it when it's hot, you can do it by hand otherwise).
>>
>>31635973
>terrible
nah bro only people that don't like them are people who can't afford it or only own a nugget and need validation

It's comfortable to shoot, gives you the benefits of bullpup if you care, 308 stronk, usual keltec drawbacks

It's an awesome gun, but honestly one of the last 308 semi autos you could consider.

If you already own an ar10, scar17, ptr91 or fal, m1a, maybe a vepr, then you could get an rfb

Other than that, only get it if you really, really, really, really want it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.