[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could it be possible that one guy NFA are legal again and we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 54caf10fedbe4_-_mercenary-lg.jpg (36KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
54caf10fedbe4_-_mercenary-lg.jpg
36KB, 460x300px
Could it be possible that one guy NFA are legal again and we can purchase a fully automatic rifle or put a stock on a pistol without it being considered reason to send you to jail for 10 years?
>>
>guy
i mean day
>>
>>31635763
...probably not.
>>
>>31635766
Why?
With enough lobbying it can be done i think.
American gun laws are a mess sometimes.
>>
File: P210-2.jpg (52KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
P210-2.jpg
52KB, 1024x685px
>>31635763
I hope you could again one day, ameribros
>>
File: England.jpg (555KB, 659x783px) Image search: [Google]
England.jpg
555KB, 659x783px
>>31635769
>>31635763

The goal of bureaucracies is to expand and survive. Government entities do not give up any power willingly. All that governments do is continue to slowly expand their role in people's lives and make their daily functions relevant to the average person, despite creating inefficiency and taking away rights. It is naive to think that any major pieces of legislation (like the 1932 NFA) that creates thousands of jobs and shit loads of tax revenue would be willingly shut down.

Think of tax code. The United States has one of the most complicated systems of taxation in the world. In the past, even when multiple politicians and presidents ran on a platform to lower taxes and simplify them, all that has been achieved is minor changes here and there. Most of the time the "change" in Washington is merely an amendment to existing laws which works to create further intricacies and closes other loopholes.

The only time that restrictive laws get reversed is when they become hilariously useless or antiquated (like the no dancing law the movie Foot Loose was based on), when they directly impede some other government entity's ability to make money, or when the people (with guns) go tell the government what to do.

So again, really, very probably not.
>>
>>31635830
Not OP, but then wouldn't it be in the government's interest to reopen the machine gun registry if for nothing more than more tax revenue?
>>
>>31636066
The trade off is power. The BATFE is 90% dedicated to enforcing the trivial bullshit in the NFA. This is evidenced by high profile raids on gun stores and guitar shops. Their basic job is to reinterpret the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. This function can be extremely useful to a government in times of turmoil. If you think about it, the government can use the BATFE to reduce the threat to itself if it's ever in dire straights. Calling AR-15s something like "assault weapons" and ilegalizing them, disarms people. Legalizing machine guns has multiple negative effects for the government.

1. It takes legitimacy away because it is going back on previous reinterpretations
2. It better provides the populace with tools to defend against or fight against the government
3. It loses the primary function of the BATFE as well as other smaller entities in federal and municipal branches of law enforcement

They give up too much power in this equation and the money just wouldn't be worth it.
>>
God emperor trump will make your dreams reality.
>>
File: 1457757495177.gif (565KB, 147x154px) Image search: [Google]
1457757495177.gif
565KB, 147x154px
>>31636195
>>
>>31635791
Thank you medkit you are our greatest ally
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.