[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Ruger 9E shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 3295339_01_ruger_9e_9mm_640.jpg (62KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
3295339_01_ruger_9e_9mm_640.jpg
62KB, 640x424px
Just got got my LTC in the people's republic of Massachusetts and I'm looking for pistol. I'm on a budget of $500 (holster and extra mag included). If I get a Ruger 9E will I be fucking up?
>>
>>31633390
It's a decent gun.
Not much more to say.
>>
How large are you? Shield or any of the single stack 9mms will be more comfortable to carry which makes you more likely to actually carry...
>>
>>31633458
I'm 6' about 180 pounds
I'm a student a university and my workplace doesn't allow cc so I won't be carrying very often.
>>
It's a great gun and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The only real gripe I can give is they don't have a night sights option, you have to install them yourself.

Anyone bitching about the thumb safety is a little girl who complains too much about adding a millisecond step to their draw process.

A real gripe would be >>31633458, it's not really that decent as a carry option unless you go appendix or smart carry. It's adequate as home defense or a ranch gun though.
>>
>>31633458
I got the chance to shoot the shield and I didn't like the trigger or the safety very much (I'm a lefty). Is there any other decent options for carry guns that are mass complaint?
>>
>>31633390
There isn't anything functionally wrong with it.
That said, I'm a huge Ruger fanboy and I fail to build up any enthusiasm about it, I think the safeties just bother me.
>>
>>31633581
Isn't the sr9 the one with all the safeties. The 9e is just a barebones sr9
>>
Cast barrel, cast slide, cast everything
>>
>>31633495
Manual safeties are for faggots
>>
>>31635489
>Manual safeties are for faggots
kys with your Glock, mall ninja faggot.
>>
>>31635451
investment casting is Ruger's specialty.
>>
OP here. I need to mention one more thing. I live with my mentally handicapped brother Terry. I don't have a gunsafe and if Terry find it he is going to play with it. He's super strong. Just the other day he held me down and pulled my shoes off and spanked me with them.

Long story short it needs a safety he can't figure out. Any ideas?
>>
>>31635451
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>31638094
Ruger truly baffles me in this regard.
>One of the first companies in the U.S. to invest in hammer forging their barrels for quality and longevity, at significant cost originally
>Still use investment castings and MiM basically everywhere they can get away with it
Make up your fucking mind, Ruger.
>>
>>31639158
it's an excellent pistol honestly, they just have a few quirks. Like a magazine disconnect, take the damned thing out the second you strip it. If the trigger is gritty you can also cure that with a lube soak and some dry firing; the break should be very crisp. Sights might be a thing, the paint tends to pop out.

As for your retardo brother if he's an adult it's a self limiting problem. It comes with a big lock if you plan on storing it but the safety is just a light thumb tab.
>>
Aside from a few visual differences, I'm assuming it's just like the SR9? I like Ruger, my first gun I bought was an SR9c, the only reason I switched to a Glock 26 was because I'm not a fan of a manual safety, having said that, I literally never had a problem with the SR9c's safety engaging unexpectedly on me (I carry appendix typically). It's a great gun for the money, and the only people who will give you grief over it are Glock fanboys. Also, Ruger has the best customer service I've ever interacted with. It's a solid entry level first handgun. Also, extremely user friendly as far as field/detail stripping, and cleaning goes.

Do take out the mag disconnect though, I get they put it in there for some state compliance bullshit or something, but it's useless.
>>
Get it OP. It's a great gun and makes glockfags mad
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.