[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Glock 26.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Glock 26.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
Hear/Read me out, green text for time

>Be me, active duty Marine
>stationed in Cali (for the 9th year in a row... believe it)
> First 29 Palms, then Pendleton, then San Diego. Presently here in San Diego
>Bought Glock 19... cool
>Glock 19 is a great fit for me
>Thought of next purchase to eventually make my concealed carry (Once I finally leave the state and am able to get a concealed carry permit/license)
>decided Glock 26 Gen 3 (pic related) due to state's mag restrictions and all other guns I want/considered are not for sale in Cali
>Glock 26's been around for a couple decades, great aftermarket support, familiarity, and Glock (take it for what it's worth)
>Thinking long term here, in case I end up leaving (which I will eventually) but Uncle Sam may have me come back before I retire.

Opinions on Glock 26 for Concealed carry?
Cali anons, any other suggestions?
>>
>>31632125
>Opinions on Glock 26 for Concealed carry?

Pretty decent choice, little chunky, personally would just go G19 for easier shooting\ more capacity or get something slimmer for easier concealment. I think Cali has banned most of the more recent single stack 9s though?
>>
>>31632211
He could get a S&W shield at least. Most of the other single stack 9s are banned unless you want to get a kahr

Glock 26 is fine. I got one of those when I had the misfortune of living in California.
>>
>>31632211
Concealable single stack options for me are the M&P shield ( I really don't like the trigger), LCP380 CA edition, which is 500 bucks, and I'm gonna pay 500 bucks, I may as well get a Glock.
I love my 19, but as far as capacity, I'm limited to 10 rounds. That's why I'm thinking about the 26 because by default its' mags hold 10.
>>
File: Shattered corpus humeri.jpg (15KB, 340x442px) Image search: [Google]
Shattered corpus humeri.jpg
15KB, 340x442px
>>31632125
>Opinions on Glock 26 for Concealed carry?
I dig it. But I'm a big nigga so the 26's T H I C C ness isn't really an issue. I also seem to love it out of my other handguns tbqh, just something about it. Also I sometimes put my G19 mag in it and it's a fun range gun then. Get a comfy holster for it and you're gtg.
>>
>>31632125
well you probably aren't going to be able to conceal carry in CA at all outside of the boonies.
>>
>>31632280
>I'm limited to 10 rounds
Derp, that just slipped my mind. No "pre-bans" around\ is it not still easy to "rebuild" mags? Then yeah G26 makes a bit more sense.
>>
>>31632282
OP here
Well, I'm 5'8 175 lbs.
Body type- muscular, broad shoulders, big chest, slim waist.
I figure If my 19 is fine IWB the 26 has to feel better.
>>
>>31632282

... birdshot? Frangible?

What made that wound?
>>
>>31632327
As of jan 1st all mags over 10 are illegal in CA

No more exceptions
>>
>>31632344
You should be fine then anyway. It does, my 19 isn't awful to carry but when I carry my 26 I really notice it.
>>31632346
Yeah looks like it, anon. Shotgun I'd guess.
>>
>>31632211
>>31632243
>>31632282
>>31632418
Thank for the input

>>31632288
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking long term. Buying a gun that's legal in Cali and and preparing to have one that I would enjoy carrying once I leave Cali. Also, a gun I would have no problem bringing back here if I end up having to come back.
>>
>>31632282

That's pretty neat-o from an analytical point of view, I would say that's an x-ray of a cadaver as well. The blast hit at an angle and caused a torsional fracture in the humerus in addition to the shear stress shattering. It tore the soft tissue away so strongly that there is a god damn avulsion fracture at the elbow from the TENSION caused by the exit cavitation.

The great vessels are probably disintegrated, torn, and perforated too proximal to the shoulder to get an effective tournequet on the arm, even if you know what you're doing. I'm betting this wound was fatal.
>>
>>31632471
>a gun I would have no problem bringing back
You may want to look into that, I think you can move there with pistols that aren't on the list, but I could be talking shit.
>>
>>31632498
Yea you are right. I've known people who buy off roster guns before they move to California to sell them for ridiculous markups.
>>
>>31632533
>>31632533

Yes, but there's a whole legal process that I'd have to go through. Declaration, registration, fees... not looking to do all that.
Most people selling guns at ridiculous prices (i.e. Glock 42s for $1000) are ones who bought them pre-ban within the state legally. Others are LE (they get to buy off-roster guns) trying to make some cash on the side.
>>
bump for interest
>>
A G26 makes lots of sense in California if you're set on 9mm and Glock. The neutered mags are known to be less reliable, especially with hollowpoints. The G26's mag was designed around 10 rounds, however, and works quite well.

The S&W M&P Compacts are decent choices in a similar size and their neutered mags work well. An HK P2000 (G19 equivalent) or P2000SK (G26 equivalent) is only a slight jump in price from the Glock and, again, reliable with neutered mags.

A G30 is close enough to a G19 in size if you want .45. The S&W M&P45C is another great choice in that size range. If you're willing to go up in budget, a HK45C would be another good choice.
>>
The 19 is a much nicer gun to shoot and you will eventually be able to get normal magazines for it.
The 26 is a bit easier to carry, but less than ideal due to the thickness.

Personally I'd buy the 19 as a general purpose handgun that can be CCed in a pinch and buy a much smaller dedicated CC gun once you live in real America where you have better and less expensive options.

If you really want to use the 10 rounds get Glock 23 magazines. They hold 13rds of 9mm. Maybe get a Glock 23 with a drop in 9mm conversion barrel if you want to be elaborate. I have a setup like that and I love it.
>>
>>31632488
Would that type of wound be able to recover the use of the arm or is amputation more likely.?
>>
>>31632125
>ecided Glock 26 Gen 3 (pic related) due to state's mag restrictions and all other guns I want/considered are not for sale in Cali
if you still claim residency in another state get you exemption paperwork so you can have real mags. you just have to travel out of state to get them.
>>
>>31634370

Amputation is more likely given survival. The muscle and connective tissue is going to be necrotic and upon revascularization even if you somehow manage to coax the bone and skin to start regenerating.
>>
>>31634382
It doesn't work like that in the military. Legally, I'm considered a resident of the state (and county) in which I'm stationed at.
Originally from Florida, I can't even buy guns in Florida legally due to being considered a "CA resident" by legal standards.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.