[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friend recently bought IO AK against my advisory, he seems to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (84KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 800x450px
Friend recently bought IO AK against my advisory, he seems to like it so far.
After inspecting his rifle barrel nut to buttplate,
I find nothing wrong with the rifle.

However, 2 weeks later I take a look at it again and one of the rivets has become severely corroded, just like the other POS IOs that I saw all over the show.

What the hell is wrong with these aks? Does anyone here own one, what do you think?
Why are these things suddenly bursting out in corrosive lesions?
>>
I actually own one, however I haven't seen any issues with corrosion and I shoot the thing extremely regularly (1/week). That being said I live in a drier climate and keep it fairly well maintained.

Only issue I had was when I first got it, the trigger disconnect would just barely catch, causing the gun to not fire, but that was solved with some minor tooling. Idk, I love the shit out of mine, but that's because it's a workhorse. I don't need any fancy shit, and I don't need a safe queen. Hell the only reason I bought this one was because I wanted a vertical fore-grip, and couldn't find one of the wood stock ones.

I know that IO does put out lemons, and the final fit and finish isn't the best. Maybe I got the ONE good one.. But it's a fuckin AK, take a hammer to the thing and beat it into submission.

TL:DR idk, none on mine.
>>
>>31627196
How many rounds through it? I'm wiling to bet money that AK will shit the bed before 2k rounds. Hell maybe 1k.

Could have bought a wasr for the same price or not much more.
>>
>>31627196
Its just extremely strange because I checked that rifle head to toe, then suddenly without explanation, it corrodes within a week of owning it. Wtf?

And it seems as a general consensus that most folks who own aN IO like them. Only time will tell
>>
>>31627239
sitting at about 1k. Bought it for $700 with the two albeit shitty mags and grip I wanted.

How do you think it will mechanically fail? I want to know what to keep my eye on.
>>
>>31627372
That is super strange, I have no good answers for you other than check if your friend keeps it next to a humidifier.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 1024x768px
>>31627476
He doesnt. Its stored under a piece of furniture, at the dryest, most far back corner of the room. shot only 30 rounds out of it.

I remember about 2 years ago watching videos about them when they came out. 6/10 reviews said to watch for corrosion on the reciever, on any of the rivits, and around the barrel/cleaning rod.

The whole damn show was ridden with corrosive IOs. I was personally on a hunt for a WASR, but I havent seen one in years. I searched my friends ak specifically from head to toe, making sure nothing was out of place. Maybe dirty dealers swapped a box or some shit.
>>
>>31627535
Damn, that's some bad luck man. I hope it doesn't turn your friend off from guns in general. I'd be pretty salty.
>>
>>31627460
>Spent 700 on a IO
Sucker born every minute
>>
>>31627643
I didnt tell him yet. I dont think he will care much because the doesnt really mind little things like that, but jesus christ id be pissed.
>>
>>31627460
For IO,watch the rivets coming apart, firing pin snapping, bolt carrier wearing on reciever, and corrosion.
>>
>>31628012
Thanks for the heads up and honest answer. So far so good on corrosion and receiver wear after a year and a half, but that firing pin issue doesn't sound fun.
>>
>>31629264
Mainly, you shouldn't be too concerned about the pin. Most broken pins happen from bumpfiring, which is very ..off because a normal WASR/ak should be able to bump fire no problem. IO heavily warns that this can shake your reciever apart, and crack/snap the pin. Aks other than IO do not have this problem.

You probably wont be bump firing, but this offers an idea of the weakpoints for these AKs.
>>
>>31629727
That's relieving. Thanks again man. People like you are the main reason I still love /k/.
>>
Barrel as a bucking bar, no one mentioning the mushrooming dovetail, or checking headspace you guys are fucking stupid and you should feel bad.
>>
All IO rifles are time bombs. The gas port underneath the gas block is 2-3x bigger than it is supposed to be. This is why all IO rifles inevitably blow and you had best hope it doesn't blow out through the rear trunnion or you will be seriously injured or killed.

The fact that the rifles is over-gassed is also why it requires a recoil buffer to function. Otherwise the BCG jumps off the rails.
>>
>>31627239
>trying to find a decent Wasr 10 for that price.

Nope, where the hell do you live that a decent Wasr was that much?
>>
>>31632880
I paid $225 for a WASR 3 years ago.
>>
Kek, I just traded mine for a .44 mag Vaquero
>>
>>31632880
They're getting expensive now that Cugir is devoted to military contracts for the foreseeable future
>>
>>31632880
https://www.deguns.net/GP-WASR-10-RI1805-N-787450074477-ak-47-p/ri1805-n.htm

Two days back there were 87.
I guess they'll be gone by the end of this month.
>>
File: 1469037917040.png (295KB, 594x540px) Image search: [Google]
1469037917040.png
295KB, 594x540px
>>31633651
>tfw there's little chance of it getting better soon
>the age of cheap milsurp is over
>the age of cheap slav salt guns is done
>now we're in the era of cheap AR15s and that's boring as fuck 2bh
>>
>>31633651
Ewwww shitty blonde barbie wood
>>
>>31633685
The fuck is my cheap galil / aug / 308 ar goddammit
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.