[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nuke Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

File: 1351898888237.jpg (827KB, 993x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1351898888237.jpg
827KB, 993x1215px
/k/ In am in an intense argument with some a leppo about nuclear energy and development. If WW2 never would have happened, would we still have nuclear technology as it is today or not? Key points:
Germany, America, and Japan all had nuclear research Divisions.
Nuclear Fission was theorized in 1938
Nuclear Fission Theory was refined to a practical level in 1939
The soviets developed a bomb in 4 years

Also Nuke Thread
>>
File: 1331508885154.jpg (134KB, 800x774px) Image search: [Google]
1331508885154.jpg
134KB, 800x774px
The biggest argument is that nuclear technology was only developed because of the Manhattan project.
>>
>>31624992
I would expect that without the huge cash injection that was the Manhattan Project nuclear power is delayed by about 20 years.

If there's no Cold War and fear of nuclear weapons i would expect nuclear to have replaced a large chunk of coal on a health basis by now and with the threat of climate change I would expect nuclear to continue making inroads.
>>
>>31624992

> posting this hippie bullshit in /k/

May the ghost of Edward Teller rape you for eternity in hell.
>>
>>31625022
Climate Change (man made) isn't a real thing

Also given the level of understanding about nuclear technology even at the time there is no reason to assume we wouldn't have developed it anyway without ww2 or the huge budget allocation. Weather bombs or energy production, we would probably only be 10 to 15 years behind today, at the most.
>>
>>31625128
You're wrong. Are you memeing or do you want to see some graphs?
>>
You'll find in history most people who develop "new technology" it was never actually new. Its just improved or made more relevant over someone who already wrote it down somewhere else but didn't execute it. See: Manhattan Project. The only things they did was solve major technological problems they had.

Hell, Da vinvi had designs for a lot of mechanical tech we have today. He lacked a compact form of energy generation

Its kinda like saying in the OP that Without WW3 cold fusion or thorium reactors would not be possible. In reality, we have people working on it anyway. Its just slower.
>>
>>31625149
Like the ones that ignore 95% of green house gas is fucking watervapor? Did primordial humans end the last glacial period by controlling their CO2 emissions? Climate Change is an example of causation without correlation.
>>
>>31625166
You shouldn't talk about things outside of your area of expertise. It makes you look like a >pic related
>>
>>31625166
And yet water vapor still contributes only around half of the total greenhouse effect. Plus, it's exponential, so any significant increases in the other gases will result in larger temperature increases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas#Impacts_on_the_overall_greenhouse_effect

http://xkcd.com/1732/

The comic is pretty simple. Skip down to the end if you want. It shows an incredibly fast rate rate of temperature change compared to natural ones, which are depicted earlier on the chart.
>>
File: W-88_warhead_detail.png (46KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
W-88_warhead_detail.png
46KB, 800x670px
>>31625110
>>31625009
dont worry its coming soon the glory of Atom.
>>
>>31625184
If you're going to shitpost and not post a counter argument you can also just leave. This isn't /b/.
>>
>>31625191
This is based on the same IPCC studies that also said the polar ice cap would be gone and world tempereatures which would be higher then they aren't before 2015.
>>
>>31625235
If I went around posting counter-arguments to every dumb thing that was said on just /k/ alone, I wouldn't have time to either work or sleep.

But you can do a Google search and you'll be provided with a list of thousands of counter-arguments from people more qualified to speak on the subject than either of us.
>>
>>31625251
Like al gore right?
>>
>>31625258
Great counter-argument, you sure counter-argumented me!
>>
>>31625247
Here, a rebuttal with more modern sources.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/water-vapor-greenhouse-gas-intermediate.htm

And anyway, just because the wikipedia source was wrong on the conclusions it drew doesn't mean the math regarding radiation and different gases was wrong.
>>
File: 1475435029989.gif (2MB, 400x216px) Image search: [Google]
1475435029989.gif
2MB, 400x216px
>>31625210

We can fucking hope.

> nuclear war were declared
> the cities burn, along with them:
> liberals
> jews
> gays
> niggers
> immigrants
> muslims
> when America digs herself out of the ashes she'll be happily conservative and white for the next 200 years

The fire is coming. Rejoice.
>>
>>31625388
Have we started the fire brother?
>>
File: website_E3DAEE_detail.jpg (326KB, 1300x664px) Image search: [Google]
website_E3DAEE_detail.jpg
326KB, 1300x664px
>>31625388
This post
I would say this post is the definition of insanity, the abridged version

When was the last time you saw daylight, little guy? Are you okay down there?
>>
>>31625388
Nazi Germany approves of your dubs.
>mfw the glorious 88 will never cleanse the world as it was truly intended
>>
>>31625274

Not that guy, but people have been running around screaming about the end of all things for millenia and they are literally always wrong. In the 70s, they said we were going to be starving to death during an ice age right about now. Then it was the phosphate crunch. Then the population bomb. Oh, and we were going to asphixiate because all the rain forests were being turned into toilet paper.

Look at it like this: There's really not much of a market for climatologists who tell us everything's going well. Like, people keep tossing out this shit that the oil industry bought off climate scientists to say that global warming is a sham and that 97% of their peers think it's real. But with all the money that the oil industry has, do you think they honestly couldn't do any fucking better than buying off 3% of those guys? These people can buy nations.... but they could only afford about 15 geeks?

And what about that 97%? Where do they get their money? Well, they get it from grants for the most part. And who gives those grants? Well, people who like funding climate change science, of course. And I really seriously doubt they'd give away much money to somebody who espoused an opinion that didn't reinforce theirs.

Personally, I don't trust either side because they both have profit motives. The Earth has warmed before. It will cool and warm and warm and cool and just keep right on spinning like always.
>>
>>31625443

Doing just fine. Having a great time, actually.
>>
>>31625443
What the fuck man, is this your first weekend of 4chan?
>>
>>31625443

No more liberals. No more dindus. No more forced immigration. No more Clintons. No more Pelosis. No more Fienstiens. All the resources are still there; the oil, the gas, the coal... all just fine. But the social deadweight that has been actively working to deprive us of our rights for decades? The criminal underclasses that have preyed upon us in public and in our homes? The fucking terrorists our government has knowingly inflicted upon us? All those people will either be dead or refugees at our mercy. What's wrong with that? If things continue as they have so far, in 50 years we will have nothing left of what made our nation great. It will all have been eroded by an endless stream of liberal demagogues and their pet welfare class. Burning every large American city to the ground would reset that trend. It would put everything right again.

Why wouldn't you want that?
>>
>>31624992
What the fuck even is that image trying to say? Did you take a diagram and replace all the words with buzzwords?
>>
>>31625388
>>31625623
Who do you think will survive a nuclear exchange? The people used to living in shit conditions, or the people used to having cheap labor working for them?

There's no certainty who would prevail, you may just end up in a world where only the ones you dislike would survive along with you. Your own personal hell.
>>
>>31625700

Niggers don't leave a city that's 15 feet below sea level with three days warning that it's going to flood. They're going to sit right where they are bitching about the government while they die of radiation poisoning.
>>
Nukes aren't real and are a propaganda campaign
>>
>>31625730
Madness.
>>
>>31625716

Thats only if they dont kill eachother off first in their rush to loot everything.
>>
>>31625473
>http://xkcd.com/1732/
Let me set your house on fire. It gets warmer and colder sometimes, right?

This is literally what you said.
>>
>>31626118
He wasn't wrong. Global cooling and slight warmness has been happening on and off 5ever.
>>
>>31625623
Because an agrarian society without banking and trade hubs, doesn't make a very powerful country. What you want is a post civil war south, were Grant did just what you said, but I don't know what he burned other then Atlanta so maybe it wasn't enough.
>>
File: Iskander.jpg (53KB, 810x521px) Image search: [Google]
Iskander.jpg
53KB, 810x521px
Russia just placed nuclear capable ballistic missile system Iskander-M in Kaliningrad Oblast.

Is this a violation of the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty from 1988?
>>
>>31626118

Yeah. That's totally what I said.
>>
climate change is real you retarded faggots
>>
File: global_temperature_reconstr.gif (15KB, 756x272px) Image search: [Google]
global_temperature_reconstr.gif
15KB, 756x272px
>>31625473
>Personally, I don't trust either side because they both have profit motives. The Earth has warmed before. It will cool and warm and warm and cool and just keep right on spinning like always.

it doesn't even matter that you're completely wrong, because it is already too late
>>
File: temperature of planet earth.png (146KB, 1024x458px) Image search: [Google]
temperature of planet earth.png
146KB, 1024x458px
>>31629607
Actually, he's quite right.
>>
>>31629675
I am having a hard time reading this, the beggining of the Holocene perdiod was 100yrs ago yes
>>
>>31630169
Are you literally retarded? This is very similar to a Log Scale, unless you've never even seen something like that before. I bet you complain that you never use algebra.
>>
>>31624992
That graphic is actually pretty convincing.

Besides a few Trident style nukes and a few ground based as deterrent, the nuclear arms race IS a corporate / military-industrial complex suck of tax dollars that could have been used in a lot better ways than building bomb systems just to dismantle them again later.
>>
>>31626966
Does anyone actually care about treaties?
>>
>>31630423
the EU
>>
>>31624992
A story in Wierd Tales accurately described the effects of radiation in the 1910's. Lovecraft talked about atomic matters. The film Dr Cyclops is partly about the race for African yellowcake. There is a ton of pop cultural attention both serious and silly to civilian applications of atomic energy from well before Hiroshima.
Maybe it would have taken longer.
>>
>>31624992

I was digging it until that little life expectancy box. The teensie tiny bit of radiation in these countries from nuclear tests/attacks is nothing compared to shit like obesity and drugs.
>>
>>31625425
It was always burning since the worlds been turning.
>>
>>31625388
>Nuclear war between industrial powers
>North America devastated
>Europe devastated
>Russia devastated
>South America and Africa untouched
>When America digs herself out she'll be a 3rd world shithole
>This is good for white Republicans!

Holy shit racists are stupid.
>>
File: lindsane.jpg (345KB, 1028x778px) Image search: [Google]
lindsane.jpg
345KB, 1028x778px
>>31632825
He sounds a bit like someone else /k/ has some knowledge of...
>>
>>31632878

LIGHT
>>
>>31632952

RAIL
>>
>>31632968

ENTHUSIAST
>>
>>31632978
EJACULATORS
>>
File: 1024x768.jpg (134KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1024x768.jpg
134KB, 1024x768px
USSR has been shown the light
>>
>>31625184
holy shit when did it become legal to hunt humans
>>
>>31626966
>Iskander-M
>violation of the INF
This is a short range missile, not intermediate
>>
>>31625009
does one get extra points for nuking a nuclear power plant ?
>>
File: WIC_Template1.jpg (57KB, 637x391px) Image search: [Google]
WIC_Template1.jpg
57KB, 637x391px
>>31633132

>inb4 Ivan moves his units out of the blast radius and you have wasted your TA points
>>
>>31626966
It's short range, less than 500 km.

Also it's not ballistic.
>>
File: General Curtis Lemay.jpg (49KB, 486x499px) Image search: [Google]
General Curtis Lemay.jpg
49KB, 486x499px
>>31624992
>The soviets developed a bomb in 4 years

About as fast as US and they got quite a lot of help one commie kike.

>>31625110

Lets team up on the hippie.

>>31625473
>The Earth has warmed before. It will cool and warm and warm and cool and just keep right on spinning like always.

It's just happening at extremely fast pace, ecosystem might not be able to adapt to change due to it's speed. Ecosystem may collapse, it will reset itself, but humans might not be around when it will be done.
>>
>>31624992
DAILY FUCKING REMINDER:

Nukes are political tools only.
>>
>>31632825
White races would be kind of saved by reducing them selves into 3rd world shitholes since that would eliminate the incentives for 3rd world migration and 3rd world shitholes are by nature more tribalistic which would discourage multiculturalism and race-mixing..

Still not hoping for thou. Then again I'm not a racist in any stormfronter sense. Just don't like dindus robbing shit from law-abiding decent folk no matter the race.
>>
File: on the beach.jpg (44KB, 635x383px) Image search: [Google]
on the beach.jpg
44KB, 635x383px
Has anyone seen this movie? I know it's not realistic but it really got me. Was also pretty cool seeing what my city looked like 60 years ago
>>
>>31635653
>political tools only.
wew lad
>>
>>31625473
>Big Green is manipulating the data as part of a get rich scheme
Yeah, all those environmental scientists scamming the system to get 'rich'. But seriously, they get paid pennies compared to the people working for the oil companies, shilling out claims that everything is fine. You might as well try to say that Evolution was a plot by Darwin to dupe people out of their money.

>But with all the money that the oil industry has, do you think they honestly couldn't do any fucking better than buying off 3% of those guys?
It's called integrity, which is something people usually applaud. I know it's a shock, but not all fields have the same level of corruption in them, I imagine climate science tends to be one of the lower ones, despite the accusations of yourself and others.
>>
>>31635670
"Race mixing and multiculturalism" don't cause crime though, without getting into all the economic and sociological factors that do.

People talk about how North America used to be like 90% white until the last however many years, but they don't think for one second why people may or may not have been immigrating from certain countries. They just yell about librul policies and shit.

Some people, when they reach a point economically, might want to move to a "better" country. And for the last 50+ years many areas outside of the 'Western' world have seen rapic economic improvement. So it's not surprising to see these people want to move to a country that's known for its higher standard of living.

And on the freedom side of things, most of Europe, before the mid-20th century, was ruled by monarchies or other generally unfair systems of governance where the people had a lesser voice than they do in North America. But after WW2, with the exception of the Communists who didn't let people emigrate anyway, most of Europe was a much more democratic place, and has gotten more democratic as time has gone by. Contrast this to the places I referenced experiencing economic growth, most of which aren't as free as the US and Canada.
>>
>>31636057
What is it
>>
>>31635220
>>31635445
Iskander-Ms range is estimated to be 5 - 600 km.

Also, yes it is ballistic. Only the Iskander-K is a cruise missile
>>
>>31635243
>not dropping 3 nukes on the space needle just because you can
>>
File: Wallpaper_Infantry.jpg (150KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_Infantry.jpg
150KB, 1600x1200px
>>31633132
I'm still waiting for a sequal
>Those daisy cutters
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.